NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I didn't expect a lot in return, but gee whiz that was underwhelming. 

That was about what I expected. I'm also expecting them to flip what they got with some other assets for something else. 

12 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I read after I posted originally that both guys they got have expiring contracts as well. 

Not sexy but the 3 2nds is not nothing.  A few years ago they basically got Brogden for free because Milwaukee had to salary dump.  2 2nds was all it took.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not sexy but the 3 2nds is not nothing.  A few years ago they basically got Brogden for free because Milwaukee had to salary dump.  2 2nds was all it took.  

Right - they can either be used in a situation like that or to move up in the first. They're not bad to have. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Morris on the move after 5 hours. Pacers getting McDermott back. Honestly like the move. I knew something was up after the first trade. 

They must just want him on the team.  He has been doing very little so far this year.  Does he still have anything in the tank?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They must just want him on the team.  He has been doing very little so far this year.  Does he still have anything in the tank?

You guys know the NBA better than I but I think this team and these moves is just trying to find a couple of guys like DM and CJ who can add minutes. Add some valuable 2nd round picks for future moves who knows? Didn't the Pacers get Brogdon for very little? Maybe they could trade those 2nd's for something who appears to have similar value....just hope it works out better.

45 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They made a promise to move Buddy and did…got 2 seconds and McBuckets. Not terrible…although they should have moved Buddy last year and got more imo.

I think that was more to do with Haliburton than anything.  They need to give him a bridge to settle in and Buddy was part of that. Now with some of the pieces they have put around him along with the commitment, this is less important.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys know the NBA better than I but I think this team and these moves is just trying to find a couple of guys like DM and CJ who can add minutes. Add some valuable 2nd round picks for future moves who knows? Didn't the Pacers get Brogdon for very little? Maybe they could trade those 2nd's for something who appears to have similar value....just hope it works out better.

Cancel that on CJ. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Dougie still is a great shooter, he just was on a young/bad team that was never going to give a guy like him a ton of minutes over playing their youth.

I think he is still a knockdown shooter that is going to run around for 20 minutes per game and hit some threes and a few back cuts like he always has been. He's not buddy, but we really don't need him to be. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Dougie still is a great shooter, he just was on a young/bad team that was never going to give a guy like him a ton of minutes over playing their youth.

I think he is still a knockdown shooter that is going to run around for 20 minutes per game and hit some threes and a few back cuts like he always has been. He's not buddy, but we really don't need him to be. 

Any good shooter will play well off of Hali and Siakim…and while he isn’t a great defender he is better than Buddy. Buddy has been asking to be moved since he knew he wasn’t going to be extended at the salary he wanted. We promised to move him and we did right by him. Sure it would have been nice to have moved him right after we got him and he played well but we didn’t and at this point he isn’t even playing well so we did fine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I flipped over to that at timeouts of the IU game. I should have left it there. I’m really enjoying this Pacer team. They play a fun brand of basketball. 

Without more defense I’m afraid they may only get out of first rd but they are fun to watch.

• Like 1