NBA Thread

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Shams said it’s just a strain. I think it looks worse than it actually is. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I just got home from Little Keet’s game and saw he was carried off.  How bad was it?

Edit:  Should have kept reading to see KOB’s update. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

On the court it looked really bad...if we are lucky it's a hamstring. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think I am being punished or something because all of my teams struggle with big injuries 

MRI scheduled for tomorrow.  I'm expecting something worse than a strain.  

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not sure if it's because football is winding down or what but tonight on ABC at 830 the Warriors and TJD will be on. 

TJD with 19 on 9/11 shooting. Warriors though seem to be a team/franchise in flux. Hopefully it means TJD will be part of future plans and more minutes as the season goes along.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope the Pacers can fair better this year after a Hailburton injury than they did last year.

Last year started 23-18 but went 1-11 after a Hailburton injury.

This year 21-15, won first game after injury 

And now begins a 6 game road trip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

TJD with 19 on 9/11 shooting. Warriors though seem to be a team/franchise in flux. Hopefully it means TJD will be part of future plans and more minutes as the season goes along.

I only watched 2 possessions because the game wasn't close but Zion put a move on Trayce at the top of the key and made him look silly.  Got the and 1.  Trayce jumped way out of position.  Golden state looks bad.  Hard to say Curry is top 5 all time and this team looks this bad.  Top 5 gamers put entire franchises on their back in down years.  But they have talent all over and everyone is healthy.   

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I only watched 2 possessions because the game wasn't close but Zion put a move on Trayce at the top of the key and made him look silly.  Got the and 1.  Trayce jumped way out of position.  Golden state looks bad.  Hard to say Curry is top 5 all time and this team looks this bad.  Top 5 gamers put entire franchises on their back in down years.  But they have talent all over and everyone is healthy.   

What top players historically did that at 35? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dang is he 35?  Pretty much only Jordan and LeBron that I can think of.  Larry and Magic tapered off quickly after 31-32.  

Yeah he is getting old. So I get your point but I think he’s past the point age wise that you can hold it against him. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah he is getting old. So I get your point but I think he’s past the point age wise that you can hold it against him. 

It's a close call.  He plays a lot of the time like he still has it.  The team has pieces.  Klay Thompson can still get hot.  Just looked, he's having his lowest scoring year in 8 years.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

On 1/11/2024 at 1:10 PM, NotIThatLives said:

This is why if you want to be an elite franchise like Lakers and Celtics you can’t be sentimental….GS should be looking to move off Klay/Draymond/Wiggins instead of the young guys. The championship against Celtics was the last hurrah and you could see it on the court. Old in NBA doesn’t usually equate to winning much and it happens faster than most other sports. 

Id keep Curry because he can still heavily influence winning still but the rest of that team needs broken up in a major way…definitely not re-signing them to lifetime type contracts. You paid them for their service already. You can honor them with statues etc but no reason to continue to tie down the team with paying them to be old and bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

This is why if you want to be an elite franchise like Lakers and Celtics you can’t be sentimental….GS should be looking to move off Klay/Draymond/Wiggins instead of the young guys. The championship against Celtics was the last hurrah and you could see it on the court. Old in NBA doesn’t usually equate to winning much and it happens faster than most other sports. 

Id keep Curry because he can still heavily influence winning still but the rest of that team needs broken up in a major way…definitely not re-signing them to lifetime type contracts. You paid them for their service already. You can honor them with statues etc but no reason to continue to tie down the team with paying them to be old and bad.

Totally agree.