NBA Thread

3 hours ago, rico said:

Count me as someone who just does not buy into the Doc hype.  I don't get it.  He has won a championship, but arguably should have one more with the Celtics.  Then has completely fallen flat every other stop he has been at given the talent.  You hire a coach like him to elevate the already existing talent a la a Phil Jackson, but he isn't him.  

• Like 1

TJD gets a 'DNP - Coaches Decision' last night in Warriors loss to Kings. Draymond's return has destroyed his opportunities.  I'm worried that if the Warriors don't make a deadline trade that it's going to be a frustrating 2nd half in regards to regular playing time.    

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

TJD gets a 'DNP - Coaches Decision' last night in Warriors loss to Kings. Draymond's return has destroyed his opportunities.  I'm worried that if the Warriors don't make a deadline trade that it's going to be a frustrating 2nd half in regards to regular playing time.    

The window closed a year ago on that Warrior run. They need to move off Klay and Draymond and Wiggins and all the old guys outside Curry. Run with Kuminga, TJD, Podziemski etc. In fuse some youth, athleticism, and start fresh. Can’t be sentimental in sports…it’s ruthless and Father Time is undefeated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

It would certainly be something if Doc Rivers ended up the East All-Star Coach 🤣

Doc Rivers….the retread of all desperate owner retreads. Gotta say he must have a fabulous agent to land yet another job with a contender….not only that I bet his agent got him a bonus if he coaches in an all star game too. if I didn’t already think the Bucks weren’t going back to the finals this nails it for me. 

crazy you got a guy that has mostly fallen short everywhere he has been but in the NBA and NHL you can keep landing jobs….you got Bill Belichick one of the greatest football minds and most successful coaches ever in the NFL and he can’t even get a phone call for an interview. Insane.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers win 133-131

Booker 62 points.

Last two games we snapped the Sixers 6 game won streak and the Suns 7 game streak

And no Hali in either game. I am starting to believe this team might be a real threat in the East.

I don’t think we will be (or should be) the favorite, but I do think this team should feel like it can beat any team in a best of 7 series. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers win 133-131

Booker 62 points.

Last two games we snapped the Sixers 6 game won streak and the Suns 7 game streak

…..just looking over the Pacer’s stats and current place in the standings. We are sitting at 26-20, 6th in the East, 3 games behind 5th place NY and 9.5 out of first. 
The way we’ve been playing, lately, especially since picking up Pascal, feels/seems like we are the best team in the East, if not the top 5 in the NBA. Get Tyrese back to full strength and acclimated with Pascal, we could be nasty..…JMO 

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

…..just looking over the Pacer’s stats and current place in the standings. We are sitting at 26-20, 6th in the East, 3 games behind 5th place NY and 9.5 out of first. 
The way we’ve been playing, lately, especially since picking up Pascal, feels/seems like we are the best team in the East, if not the top 5 in the NBA. Get Tyrese back to full strength and acclimated with Pascal, we could be nasty..…JMO 

I think what the Pacers have done is phenomenal. I thought they were really good before the Siakim trade, and now they're even better. 

As a Celtics fan, I honestly would prefer we don't come across the Pacers in the playoffs, and I felt that way before the Siakim trade. 

With all of that said, given what the Celtics have done so far this season, I don't think you can say the Pacers are the best team in the East. 

The Celtics have the best record in the league, the best offensive rating, 3rd best defensive rating, and #1 overall net rating. Along with that, they have the most wins/best record against over .500 teams. 

But yes, I think the Pacers are right in that next group and maybe #2. 

Big thing for the Pacers will be how much ground they can make up? Often in the playoffs homecourt is the difference in a 7-game series. You'd prefer to have homecourt, especially in the 2nd round. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

I think what the Pacers have done is phenomenal. I thought they were really good before the Siakim trade, and now they're even better. 

As a Celtics fan, I honestly would prefer we don't come across the Pacers in the playoffs, and I felt that way before the Siakim trade. 

With all of that said, given what the Celtics have done so far this season, I don't think you can say the Pacers are the best team in the East. 

The Celtics have the best record in the league, the best offensive rating, 3rd best defensive rating, and #1 overall net rating. Along with that, they have the most wins/best record against over .500 teams. 

But yes, I think the Pacers are right in that next group and maybe #2. 

Big thing for the Pacers will be how much ground they can make up? Often in the playoffs homecourt is the difference in a 7-game series. You'd prefer to have homecourt, especially in the 2nd round. 

Playoffs slow down tremendously…you have to be able to get stops and the Pacers I don’t trust yet to do that. I still think we need a shuffle. Randle getting hurt tonight is big…Knicks have looked legit since the OG but they are about as snake bit as us.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Playoffs slow down tremendously…you have to be able to get stops and the Pacers I don’t trust yet to do that. I still think we need a shuffle. Randle getting hurt tonight is big…Knicks have looked legit since the OG but they are about as snake bit as us.

Agree completely. In the playoffs you have to be able to play in the halfcourt on both ends. 

Hard to win a Game 7 on the road if you're not great at halfcourt defense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. PS certainly helps on that end but we need a dog on the perimeter. Could be a guy like Nesmith stepping up, could be a trade, but we need a guy that can really frustrate the best perimeter player on the other team. 

• Like 1