NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

To be fair, I think that type of criticism cost Joker a third straight MVP, among other political reasons for him not winning it last year.

But to me a neutral fan, I’d take Tatum over all those guys besides Joker. The dude is unbelievable. 

Agree on Joker. He did get some of that criticism for not having a ton of playoff success. 

And agree, he's phenomenal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the people that follow the Pacers more closely. It seems or feels like once a week or every other week we lose a game they have no business losing. What gives there? Just a bad night or missing something.

This team is infinitely better but just curious.

I’ve been watching them a lot more this season and defense is a foreign concept a lot of nights with them. That leads them to getting burned by lesser teams fairly regularly because all those NBA guys can put it in the basket when you give them a chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’ve been watching them a lot more this season and defense is a foreign concept a lot of nights with them. That leads them to getting burned by lesser teams fairly regularly because all those NBA guys can put it in the basket when you give them a chance. 

I might be wrong but I believe I heard last week that the Pacers led the league in wins over the top 8 and tied for lead with losses to bottom 8 

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know this is the NBA thread, but how about the Indiana Fever picking Caitlin Clark with the #1 pick??

Ticket sales will be crazy....

I am not a fan of her, but excited for her and Grace to lead the Fever to big things.  And she will bring a ton of notoriety and ticket sales to Indy as well as the ladies game in general

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maud'Dib said:

I am not a fan of her, but excited for her and Grace to lead the Fever to big things.  And she will bring a ton of notoriety and ticket sales to Indy as well as the ladies game in general

She should team up well with Boston. They have some decent pieces to build around. We will see. Women’s pro is much more team oriented imo as it takes a lot more than a couple superstars like men.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maud'Dib said:

Love Grace but it will be Clark and Boston leading the Fever 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

When is the draft and has CC already said she isn't coming back for SS year. 

According tot he Fever its in 45 days  now. The Fever will become the new team for anyone that has followed CC closely and for many within a 6 to 8 hour drive I would think. How many daughters in cities like St louis, CIncy louisville Kansas City etc are going to want to become Fever fans and begging Mom and Dad to take them to see the Fever. This is huge for the franchise, like her or not the Fever will have the most popular WNBA player in the league. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

According tot he Fever its in 45 days  now. The Fever will become the new team for anyone that has followed CC closely and for many within a 6 to 8 hour drive I would think. How many daughters in cities like St louis, CIncy louisville Kansas City etc are going to want to become Fever fans and begging Mom and Dad to take them to see the Fever. This is huge for the franchise, like her or not the Fever will have the most popular WNBA player in the league. 

She's still annoying but she has grown as a human, it appears.  Still whines and baits for calls but honestly, who doesn't.   If she's ours, unless she does some egregious stuff, she will win much of the city and state over.  Idk about corn flakes though, that's a little extreme.   

50 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

She's still annoying but she has grown as a human, it appears.  Still whines and baits for calls but honestly, who doesn't.   If she's ours, unless she does some egregious stuff, she will win much of the city and state over.  Idk about corn flakes though, that's a little extreme.   

If someone said they were going to make a cereal and put you on the box and you are going to make 1mil from it.  Would you do it as a 20 year old college athlete? 

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Yes.  But I'm not eating them, nor buying them.  

No one is asking you too.  You are not her demographic.  Iowa has nothing sports related.  She is the biggest thing out here in forever.  She is just doing what she can to earn money.  I don't blame her at all.  Cringe or not

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

No one is asking you too.  You are not her demographic.  Iowa has nothing sports related.  She is the biggest thing out here in forever.  She is just doing what she can to earn money.  I don't blame her at all.  Cringe or not

As she should.  I'm talking about the corn flakes flying in the indy market next year. 

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

As she should.  I'm talking about the corn flakes flying in the indy market next year. 

LOL true, let me know if you actually see them.  And you never know, they might be a tasty treat for you and your children/grand children based on how old you are. lol

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:08 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Mathurin punked Ivey, who they were trying to call Indiana's kid.  Lol yeah right.  Indiana's step kid.  Purdue doesn't even like him.  

I didn’t like his lack of effort on defense 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am pumped about it. I have never been a fan of hers but I have three daughters and I am thrilled they'll have a huge woman star in their city. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Her WNBA salary is only like 78,000. That’s the max for all of them…most can’t even afford a house in the city they live…so she will have to earn money any way she can.

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

I didn’t like his lack of effort on defense 

With his athleticism and his knowledge of the game coming up from the family he was in…it was entirely an effort thing…to me he was all about himself (not unlike a few of our top recruits over the years).

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Her WNBA salary is only like 78,000. That’s the max for all of them…most can’t even afford a house in the city they live…so she will have to earn money any way she can.

The max in the WNBA is $235k, but still, thats not a lot for an athlete. Lots of those ladies could earn more doing something besides basketball.