NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Should come as no surprise but the area around Gainbridge over to Lucas Oil, down Georgia St looks awesome for upcoming All Star game. Headed down Saturday to get a glimpse of the guys at practice and over to LOS Saturday night.

My brother is retiring soon from his job in a few months. He decided to get a part time job being an usher at Gainbridge Field House. He will be working Friday night and Sunday for the actual game.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My brother is retiring soon from his job in a few months. He decided to get a part time job being an usher at Gainbridge Field House. He will be working Friday night and Sunday for the actual game.

That's cool.  The stagehand union asked for off duty firefighters to help.  If I didn't have the boys during the day on my days off I would have jumped on it.  I know a retired guy that works down there for fun and fun money.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That's cool.  The stagehand union asked for off duty firefighters to help.  If I didn't have the boys during the day on my days off I would have jumped on it.  I know a retired guy that works down there for fun and fun money.   

They make descent money especially for retirees

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

My wife's good friend is a workaholic so when she's not doing her day gig she slings booze in the suites/bar there. She can't wait for this weekend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers with a brutal loss at Charlotte. They haven't look the same the last month or so since all the trades have happened.

I feel it is more injuries in conjunction with new faces, but yeah.  They have not been able to have a consistent rotation or rhythm since Haliburton was injured, then the trades happened, then the time management, etc.

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not a fan of how they're trying to push the G-League in this Rising Stars game. 

Having a G-League Team in this takes opportunity away from rookies and "sophomores" that are actually in the NBA. 

Mathurin punked Ivey, who they were trying to call Indiana's kid.  Lol yeah right.  Indiana's step kid.  Purdue doesn't even like him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I didn’t watch the end of the All Star game, but Dame got MVP because he scored just 7 more points than Tyrese? 
Halliburton’s stats are pretty impressive too.🤔
IMG_6251.jpeg.188a2a8be343db74f400a762b0740d25.jpeg

Haliburton played within the flow and passed the ball on offense.  The rest just walked it up the court and shot.  I am not a conspiracy guy, but it felt a bit for a while there Giannis and Lillard boxed Haliburton out on purpose and their game was to get Lillard points early on.  

20 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Some guy, no clue if accurate says only 2 cities actually don't have all that.  OKC and Portland.  Idk

I know I won't get a ton of sympathy on my Celtics here, but this clip drives me nuts. 

I know the Celtics need to finish the deal this season, I get that. But the Tatum criticism is crazy. After Myers said this, Wilbon chimed in and said, "yeah, do that and the criticism goes away."

Um, Tatum has beaten all of those guys in the playoffs already. Throw Durant in too, hes beaten him in the playoffs too. He's outplayed all of them in playoff series. 

He'll, Embiid has never gotten out of the 2nd round, ever. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

I know I won't get a ton of sympathy on my Celtics here, but this clip drives me nuts. 

I know the Celtics need to finish the deal this season, I get that. But the Tatum criticism is crazy. After Myers said this, Wilbon chimed in and said, "yeah, do that and the criticism goes away."

Um, Tatum has beaten all of those guys in the playoffs already. Throw Durant in too, hes beaten him in the playoffs too. He's outplayed all of them in playoff series. 

He'll, Embiid has never gotten out of the 2nd round, ever. 

Tatum is having an mvp caliber season. Silly criticism…every season is new and different. He is also just entering his prime…just because he had success instantly and had some young growing pains in the playoffs at times shouldn’t be held against him. Not everyone is Lebron…holding him to that standard is dumb. Celtics have a long run way for championships. 

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Tatum is having an mvp caliber season. Silly criticism…every season is new and different. He is also just entering his prime…just because he had success instantly and had some young growing pains in the playoffs at times shouldn’t be held against him. Not everyone is Lebron…holding him to that standard is dumb. Celtics have a long run way for championships. 

Agree. I think my real issue though is these things seem to get held against Tatum, but you don't hear it about Embiid, Doncic, Jokic (before winning the title) and several other young(ish) stars. 

Maybe the price of playing in Boston. Just a higher standard. 

But the clip from Bob Myers and Wilbon's response is just laughable. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I think my real issue though is these things seem to get held against Tatum, but you don't hear it about Embiid, Doncic, Jokic (before winning the title) and several other young(ish) stars. 

I heard it about Jokic…how he can’t be an mvp and have such poor playoff success. Thing was is he is in a small west coast market so little viewership and didn’t garner much attention…plus he was a second rd pick no one expected to be doing what he did. 

Doncic is on a terrible team that he carries…better this year but still no where near support as others. Embiid…you got something there…it’s just there have been so many other stories and drama in Philly all those years that he was immune….Doc, Ben Simmons, Harden. Tatum has been the face of the team from the start and a big market so a lot of focus on him…mostly it’s a poor take and let’s be honest….click bait for people like yourself….who Celtics have a lot of fans to target.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 7:17 AM, BGleas said:

To be fair, I think that type of criticism cost Joker a third straight MVP, among other political reasons for him not winning it last year.

But to me a neutral fan, I’d take Tatum over all those guys besides Joker. The dude is unbelievable. 

• Like 2