NBA Thread

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Stevens has certainly not achieved what Pop has.  But, Pop's not winning another championship anytime soon.  From a historical perspective, Pop will probably always rank ahead of Stevens.  But,. for strictly looking at the here and now, in 2018, you can make the case for Stevens.  

KoB covered it, Pop’s elite coaching doesn’t go down because he loses players, and he’ll probably still get this Spurs team to the playoffs — if anything, his getting last season’s team in despite all it went through was further testament to his coaching. 

Like I said I think Stevens gets there, he’s really good. But he has to win first, as in conference and NBA titles 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If I'm the owner of the Lakers, Rajon Rondo is not on my team any longer.  No place in sports for crap like that.  If I'm Chris Paul, I'm probably going after him before the opening tip the next the Rockets play the Lakers.

I haven't seen anything that makes Rondo more at fault than Paul. What do he do to start it?

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well, he spit in his face, that’s what started it. As a former hockey player I really don’t have that big a problem with punches generally, but man if you spit in someone’s face, better be ready for whatever comes back at you. 

LeBron gathered a collection of headcases,. Be careful what you ask for LBJ

Yep, CP3 shouldn’t have even been suspended.  And I’m definitely NOT just saying that because he’s on my fantasy basketball team, lol

12 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well, he spit in his face, that’s what started it. As a former hockey player I really don’t have that big a problem with punches generally, but man if you spit in someone’s face, better be ready for whatever comes back at you. 

LeBron gathered a collection of headcases,. Be careful what you ask for LBJ

Got it, I still haven't seen the slow motion video. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Some of these NBA scores are wild.  You've got teams putting up 140.  GS gave up 81 in a half to Utah.  Play small ball, spread the floor, play fast, and launch threes, baby.

Not to cross stream on my threads, but it really underscores why we are unlikely to see a lineup that puts Morgan at the 3 or even frankly see Davis play a lot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Some of these NBA scores are wild.  You've got teams putting up 140.  GS gave up 81 in a half to Utah.  Play small ball, spread the floor, play fast, and launch threes, baby.

Blake Griffin scoring 50 surprised me. That was an entertaining game though -- was watching it and thought it was over when Reddick hit that crazy 3 for a 4-point play with something like 5 seconds left.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Giannis is good.  

Very good and easily in the MVP consideration(yes I know its only 5 games in but still).  Is this his last season under contract? 

Side note, Pacers took care of the Spurs which was nice considering their bad game against the Timberwolves, very good ball movement, very good bench play and for the most part very good shot selection.  Sabonis and Tyreke off of the bench is so lethal.  Could either one of these two win the 6th man of the year? 

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

Very good and easily in the MVP consideration(yes I know its only 5 games in but still).  Is this is last season under contract? 

Side note, Pacers took care of the Spurs which was nice considering their bad game against the Timberwolves, very good ball movement, very good bench play and for the most part very good shot selection.  Sabonis and Tyreke off of the bench is so lethal.  Could either one of these two win the 6th man of the year? 

When the Pacers move the ball like they did last night(34 assists) they are a very good team.  When they struggle is when they don't move the ball or have no player movement.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When the Pacers move the ball like they did last night(34 assists) they are a very good team.  When they struggle is when they don't move the ball or have no player movement.

Agree, and note the balance again -- Vic took 12 shots, but Evans took 14, Young and Sabonis took 9, Turner and Joseph 8, and Bog, Collison, and McDermott 7. 

Compare the loss to the T-Wolves: Vic took 23 shots (and went 8 of 23), while closest other players (2) took 13. And they lost by 10.

I'm going back to what I said earlier, balanced scoring/distribution for this season's team is key. When Vic tries to do too much, they can struggle.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Agree, and note the balance again -- Vic took 12 shots, but Evans took 14, Young and Sabonis took 9, Turner and Joseph 8, and Bog, Collison, and McDermott 7. 

Compare the loss to the T-Wolves: Vic took 23 shots (and went 8 of 23), while closest other players (2) took 13. And they lost by 10.

I'm going back to what I said earlier, balanced scoring/distribution for this season's team is key. When Vic tries to do too much, they can struggle.

Def agree, there will be times that I feel like Vic will need to take over when he's rolling but not near as much as he did last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Saturday against Brooklyn they had 9 in double figures and last night had 7.  the bench has been great every game except the game against Minnesota and if they can dominate like that then they will have a great season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Saw an article that said Tyreke Evans left practice today with an executive from the teams community relations department.
That seems kind of odd. Also heard he was late/missed the flight for the Timberwolves game?

Hopefully nothing real serious but don't like seeing something like this

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Hopefully nothing real serious but don't like seeing something like this

It's an ominous sign. I'm hopeful, but what a bad start for him.