NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They’ll get enough calls. They just got to keep putting pressure on the officials. I don’t like how home teams seem to get benefit of calls it seems but that just is how it is. Not sure if it’s fans or momentum thing or why refs let that happen. Happened in Boston too. Guess that is why home court is so big sometimes. No matter what Boston is at their best when they are agressive in getting into the lane so just keep at it.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about any calls on the Celtics. Just saying the officials are essentially letting the Warriors play football defensively. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Jist ridiculous. I think they missed 4 of their last 6 free throws. 

Jaylen Brown has been a train wreck tonight. 

As bad as they’ve been they are still within striking distance. As long as they don’t lose the 3rd quarter like they have all series long. Horrible 3pt shooting on both sides so it’s still a game.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

As bad as they’ve been they are still within striking distance. As long as they don’t lose the 3rd quarter like they have all series long.

That's  the problem. Down 12 feels like a win, but with the way the 3rd quarter has gone for both teams in the playoffs, it's more likely to be down 26 at the end of the 3rd then it is to be down 4. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I would not be interested if I’m GS. Wiggins was the only reason they are in the finals and we see how essential he is to their defense as they have no answers to the Tatum/Doncic of the world. I just don’t see a package that would interest me if I’m Washington dealing with Miami. Herro ain’t cutting it in the least. Would Boston if they lose move Brown for him?? I wouldn’t I don’t like trading for injured aging vets but that is just me. My best bet would be one of those teams possibly getting a 3rd team involved to send a young centerpiece over. Would OKC move SGA if they could get Moody, Poole, Kuminga, and Wiseman plus picks? I just don’t think GS would trade their future and they couldn’t play Thompson, Beal, Curry together. If they kept Wiggins maybe bring Klay off the bench as the super 6th man or just alternate letting them rest games. 

Best Heat deal I could come up with is move Herro, Robinson, Streus plus picks to Utah and then Utah who moves Mitchell to Washington who sends Beal to Miami. But then why not just trade for Mitchell if your Miami?? Younger star. I could see Atlanta get involved as they have a lot of assets but in the end OKC is the team with cap space plus picks to make something happen. 

Why couldn’t they play Curry, Beal, and Klay? How’s it different than Curry, Poole, and Klay other than it’s better?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about any calls on the Celtics. Just saying the officials are essentially letting the Warriors play football defensively. 

I don’t totally disagree, but I think it’s also somewhat self inflicted by the Celtics. They flop on a high amount of their offensive possessions and are loose with the ball, so it makes it tough on officials.

I have seen some missed calls both ways, but right now the Celtics just aren’t hitting shots. They’ve got to shoot better in the second half of this game is going to tighten up. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t totally disagree, but I think it’s also somewhat self inflicted by the Celtics. They flop on a high amount of their offensive possessions and are loose with the ball, so it makes it tough on officials.

I have seen some missed calls both ways, but right now the Celtics just aren’t hitting shots. They’ve got to shoot better in the second half of this game is going to tighten up. 

I don’t totally disagree with you either. The Celtics don't always attack with purpose. They were aggressive and attacked in sort of a soft way. 

But I still think the Warriors got away with a ton of physicality in the first half. But like I said, the Celtics were soft defensively and didn't adjust. Once it was clear the refs weren't calling much, the Celtics should have stepped up their defensive physicality sooner. 

Agree on the missed shots too. Pritchard missed two wide open 3's. That's his only job. Add that to the missed free throws and it would be a different score at half. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I don’t totally disagree with you either. The Celtics don't always attack with purpose. They were aggressive and attacked in sort of a soft way. 

But I still think the Warriors got away with a ton of physicality in the first half. But like I said, the Celtics were soft defensively and didn't adjust. Once it was clear the refs weren't calling much, the Celtics should have stepped up their defensive physicality sooner. 

Agree on the missed shots too. Pritchard missed two wide open 3's. That's his only job. Add that to the missed free throws and it would be a different score at half. 

Well certainly can’t complain about the refs this half 😂

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Felt like Tatum got hammered on that sideline double team right before that ending sequence. 

Big not call. Instead of a Poole buzzer beating 3 it would have been 2 free throws for Tatum. 

It was a big no call. Definitely took two likely points off the board for the Celts but the Warriors would have had tons of time to get a shot. Changed momentum a bit though. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

It was a big no call. Definitely took two likely points off the board for the Celts but the Warriors would have had tons of time to get a shot. Changed momentum a bit though. 

It would have changed the entire end to that quarter. 

I think the Celtics are doing this to themselves... 

The Celts have gotten called for 6 less fouls and do nothing but flop and complain. 

Yes, Draymond is the word offender in the series but the next few after him are all wearing green. It has to get old as a referee when the Celtics do their shenanigans game after game yet still complain, as a whole, the most in the series. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the Celtics are doing this to themselves... 

The Celts have gotten called for 6 less fouls and do nothing but flop and complain. 

Yes, Draymond is the word offender in the series but the next few after him are all wearing green. It has to get old as a referee when the Celtics do their shenanigans game after game yet still complain, as a whole, the most in the series. 

Come on. That T was ridiculous, just like the first one on Udoka. Poole flopped on that foul on Smart and Thompson clearly (we rewound it several times) pushed off on Smart on his 3 the possession before. 

Not to mention Tatum getting fouled at the end of the 3rd which kicked off Poole's buzzer beater sequence.

I mean, do you need to not let the refs impact you so much and play through it? Sure, absolutely. But that was a horrendous stretch of officiating. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Come on. That T was ridiculous, just like the first one on Udoka. Poole flopped on that foul on Smart and Thompson clearly (we rewound it several times) pushed off on Smart on his 3 the possession before. 

Not to mention Tatum getting fouled at the end of the 3rd which kicked off Poole's buzzer beater sequence.

I mean, do you need to not let the refs impact you so much and play through it? Sure, absolutely. But that was a horrendous stretch of officiating. 

I'm not arguing there have been some missed calls, but I'm not ignoring what the Celts get away with either. Overall, the refs have been pretty even in their impact, but one team (as a whole) flops and complains a lot more than the other despite the number of fouls being in their favor game after game. 

The refs are human, I'm sure they know the objective fact that they're calling more fouls on the Warriors than the Celtics and at some point just want them to shut up. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I'm not arguing there have been some missed calls, but I'm not ignoring what the Celts get away with either. Overall, the refs have been pretty even in their impact, but one team (as a whole) flops and complains a lot more than the other despite the number of fouls being in their favor game after game. 

The refs are human, I'm sure they know the objective fact that they're calling more fouls on the Warriors than the Celtics and at some point just want them to shut up. 

Wait, you're saying a team with Draymond Green doesn't flop and complain?

Green easily could/should have 3-4 more technicals in this series, yet only had one. 

Again, I haven't complained about what Boston has been called for (other than the T's), I've complained what the Warriors aren't getting called for. 

And that stretch I was referring to was awful officiating.