NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I love Brown no doubt he deserves it as well….but even without him I think this is a close series. Steph has to initiate EVERYTHING for his team. Carrying them with no real help. Brown plays off Tatum a lot so it’s like 1A and 1b. Just saying which it won’t happen but even in a loss he is what makes these games even remotely close….and yes has been the best player on the floor. 4 th has been bad because he sits to start the 4th and they have either been blown out by then or they blew out the Celtics. Plus he is exhausted. But more my point is he is the most impactful/valuable player in the series…because he has effected the ball games the most over any one player in the series.

Without Brown, GS is up 3-0 right now. They're definitely up 2-1, Brown completely ignited that entire 4th quarter comeback in Game 1. 

Steph is phenomenal, I love him, but he doesn't deserve MVP if they lose. 

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm a Steph fan, always have been! No doubt. I love watching him play. He was robbed of the Finals MVP in '15. 

But no, if the Celtics win he isn’t the MVP. Jaylen Brown has had two separate "moments" in this series that have been incredibly impactful to winning. The 4th quarter of Game 1 and the 1st quarter of Game 3 so far. Tatum also, while not having an iconic moment yet, has been really, really good. 

Steph has been really good, but at the same time he was nonexistent in the 4th quarters of the two games that the Warriors have lost. 

He hasn't been 'that' great. 

Yeah I agree with this. Steph is clearly the best player in the series and it’ll be a bummer if he can’t get a Finals MVP at some point but if LBJ in 16 wasn’t a losing player getting it then this definitely isn’t. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think it’ll be why the Celts win if they do, but they’ve gotten a pretty friendly whistle this game thus far. 

I guess I'll go with the old, the Celtics are attacking and being aggressive, while the Warriors aren't getting anything at the basket and are basically all perimeter. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I guess I'll go with the old, the Celtics are attacking and being aggressive, while the Warriors aren't getting anything at the basket and are basically all perimeter. 

Yeah but you can’t hit shooters or truck the guy with the ball. It’s not just the foul discrepancy, it’s my eyes telling me that.

Again, don’t think it’s like a huge story line but it’s definitely favored the C’s. 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah but you can’t hit shooters or truck the guy with the ball. It’s not just the foul discrepancy, it’s my eyes telling me that.

Again, don’t think it’s like a huge story line but it’s definitely favored the C’s. 

Tatum definitely fouled Curry on the one 3 in the 3rd, the others I thought Curry was baiting. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Tatum definitely fouled Curry on the one 3 in the 3rd, the others I thought Curry was baiting. 

You can bait guys and it still be a foul though. I mean if Smart just got fouled by Poole then when he stole it from Dray for an uncontested layup and trucked him, it was a foul.

This game is close and it should be. Refs aren’t the deciding factor IMO. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

You can bait guys and it still be a foul though. I mean if Smart just got fouled by Poole then when he stole it from Dray for an uncontested layup and trucked him, it was a foul.

This game is close and it should be. Refs aren’t the deciding factor IMO. 

I'm saying he wasn't getting fouled. The Tatum one should have been a foul. 

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Without Brown, GS is up 3-0 right now. They're definitely up 2-1, Brown completely ignited that entire 4th quarter comeback in Game 1. 

Steph is phenomenal, I love him, but he doesn't deserve MVP if they lose. 

Not necessarily arguing the traditional MVP to the winner…but the most important and the best player on the floor every night has been Steph. All I’m saying. I think you are wrong. Not that Brown hasn’t been awesome but just that I think Celtics would pivot and figure something else out.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, for both teams. Celtics looked gassed and completely out of sync offensively. 

I kinda blame Tatum for that. He looks really bad by his standards.

We talked a little about the mental side of sports in another thread, and he looks almost afraid of the moment. That’s a bummer for me. 

Just now, dgambill said:

Not necessarily arguing the traditional MVP to the winner…but the most important and the best player on the floor every night has been Steph. All I’m saying. I think you are wrong. Not that Brown hasn’t been awesome but just that I think Celtics would pivot and figure something else out.

Disagree with that. He certainly has been tonight. Jaylen Brown was the best player in Game 1. Steph completely disappeared in the 4th quarter of Games 1 & 3.