NBA Thread

My favorite dark horse of the draft 

would love the Pacers to move back up into the top 12 again with a second pick and land this kid. I say kid because we drafted a veteran last year. His measurables are off the charts and his numbers are crazy efficient. I know it’s a gamble but Pacers have lacked athleticism for so long….would be happy with a pairing of Daniels and Eason or Ivey and Eason. 

BE63F404-5B2D-4BF7-9D36-D4CF77FDC1FC.png

4B1B1A56-D3EA-496E-8DFF-82D10B20F521.png

Edited by dgambill

I look at Boston with their size and interchangeability and I see Halliburton, Duarte, Daniels, Eason….that’s nice interchangeable parts right there. Throw in an Isaiah Jackson…Brissett and maybe Jalen Smith…that’s a young and athletic team. Might not win a ton of games but a lot of nice pieces to build off of and could add another lottery pick next year. I’m big into doubling up this year and maybe even next year if possible by trading Heild, Brogdon, and Turner. I don’t want to try tanking 3-4 years and building it out in 6-7 years…double up this and next and hope to be back in the playoffs in 3 years and build up after that.

Not my way of building a team but heard people saying we could be interested in Ayton. For a deal to work it would likely look something like this unless other teams were involved. I could see Brogdon spelling Paul at the point and Turner giving more rim protection. Fits their timeline for winning now if Ayton is walking. Just don’t want Pacers wrapping up their cap into a center.

EBAEFA9F-47B7-4BB7-96C7-3804A5F8E309.png

Edited by dgambill

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

To think it could have been Romeo….but he just couldn’t stay on the court.

And he would have actually played. Though I'm not sure Langford is long for the NBA. I could see him in Europe or the G-League after his deal is up. 

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2022 at 8:41 PM, SawatchHoosier said:

Found this wonderful 80s NBA video just now and thought I would share. 

Everyone was Michael fans growing up…I was a Dominque fan. Still think he got robbed in 88.  

He was no slouch playing the game either….although @BGleas will appreciate this one a little more because once again the Celtics came out on top. 88 was a rough year for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

We can probably put to rest the @BGleascomplaints about the Celts being victims of superstar treatment after this game 😂

I just don’t like the home cookin both ways. It’s like one team gets too much momentum the refs have to reel the series back in and control the narrative game to game. I’ll say this…college basketball refs are TERRIBLE but NBA is only slightly better. 

Steph has had a little help tonight but not nearly enough consistently in this series. By game 5 and maybe 6…he will be gassed.

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We can probably put to rest the @BGleascomplaints about the Celts being victims of superstar treatment after this game 😂

I've only complained that Tatum doesn't get the same treatment. While the Celtics have gotten a decent whistle in this game, Tatum should have about 6 more free throw attempts at least. 

Just now, BGleas said:

That flagrant foul was absolutely awful. Curry jumped like 3ft forward and kicked his legs out. 

It was an easy call. Horford also came forward and gave him no where to land.

It sucks and it wasn’t a dirty play, but that’s the rule. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've only complained that Tatum doesn't get the same treatment. While the Celtics have gotten a decent whistle in this game, Tatum should have about 6 more free throw attempts at least. 

Would you trade those free throws for at least the first on Curry?

Just now, KoB2011 said:

It was an easy call. Horford also came forward and gave him no where to land.

It sucks and it wasn’t a dirty play, but that’s the rule. 

It was a horrible call. I'm talking about the flagrant. Curry jumped 3 ft forward and kicked his legs. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Can't believe I'm typing this, but Horford is killing the Celtics defensively. Don't understand why he keeps dropping on the Curry ball screens. 

I don’t get it either, he’s been terrible this quarter. Celts should go small right now with R. Williams at the 5…

• Like 1

I like a lot about both these teams while being a Pacer fan and having no dog in the fight. I’ll say this….refs suck overall. Both teams have complaints and depending on who you ask … @BGleas or @KoB2011 which ever fan you are you are going to see it your way. Been times on both sides getting bad calls and it mostly just seems the refs are trying to control the series more than letting the games play out.

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Curry’s first was absolutely terrible and he picked up 3 in the first half, where the Celts got a big lead.

Are you trading that for more Steph minutes/freedom to play without fouls? 

Don't remember Curry's first foul being terrible. He could have been called for 2-3 more, so ill take those too of we're trading.