NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'd be ok with that. Just worry about Looney on the offensive boards and the kickoff 3's them. But, I guess you need to pick your poison. 

I don’t think GS would play Looney in that scenario but maybe. I think Williams blocks out just fine anyways though. You just have no rim protection so you can’t close out hard so I understand. Just can’t play two bigs though….just can’t do it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It was a horrible call. I'm talking about the flagrant. Curry jumped 3 ft forward and kicked his legs. 

I don’t like flagarent…it’s an overreaction to the Kawhi thing…(unless it looks purposely done…maybe warning first time or something) but its definitely a foul. Just because a guy is coming forward following through with his shot doesn’t mean you can still run up under him. Have to stay connected or run past him not through his follow through. 

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I like a lot about both these teams while being a Pacer fan and having no dog in the fight. I’ll say this….refs suck overall. Both teams have complaints and depending on who you ask … @BGleas or @KoB2011 which ever fan you are you are going to see it your way. Been times on both sides getting bad calls and it mostly just seems the refs are trying to control the series more than letting the games play out.

I’m not a Dubs fan to be clear, but I do really appreciate their greatness. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t like flagarent…it’s an overreaction to the Kawhi thing…(unless it looks purposely done…maybe warning first time or something) but its definitely a foul. Just because a guy is coming forward following through with his shot doesn’t mean you can still run up under him. Have to stay connected or run past him not through his follow through. 

What is running under him and what is the shooter unconventionally jumping 3ft forward and kicking his legs? I wasn't really arguing the foul, because Curry is always going to get that, though I think it was a bad call. But, the flagrant was absolutely a horrible call. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

What is running under him and what is the shooter unconventionally jumping 3ft forward and kicking his legs? I wasn't really arguing the foul, because Curry is always going to get that, though I think it was a bad call. But, the flagrant was absolutely a horrible call. 

He kicked his left leg out to avoid landing on Horfords foot…although he still landed on his right foot. He didn’t throw it out and caught him as he ran by…he ran through him. Agree on flagrant.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, but their passing is so crazy. If they take care of the ball the Celtics will win, if they turn it over they'll lose. 

They just can keep hustling and closing out over and over and fighting on all the screens and their length…I’ve not ever seen any team out run the Warriors in chasing them for a whole shot clock and then on their end they get very loose ball…youth…it’s a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

While Tatum hasn't been dominant in this series, and he has the poor shooting game one, I do think he's been pretty good. 

He's been strong defensively and with the Warriors basically double teaming a lot of the time, he's averaging over 8 apg in the series. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

While Tatum hasn't been dominant in this series, and he has the poor shooting game one, I do think he's been pretty good. 

He's been strong defensively and with the Warriors basically double teaming a lot of the time, he's averaging over 8 apg in the series. 

Tatum is a superstar….will be mvp candidate from here out regular season but imo Brown is the MVP in both wins.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Tatum is a superstar….will be mvp candidate from here out regular season but imo Brown is the MVP in both wins.

Agree, at this point if the Celtics win Brown is the MVP. But, if Tatum has one of his dominant games like Game 6 in Milwaukee then that could change. 

For the Warriors, absolutely no chance anyone other than Curry wins it if they win the series. They almost can't even take Curry out of the game. 

• Like 1