March Madness thread

rico

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Are you sure?

That they do things the right way?  I'll lay money that Virginia has been a cleaner program than Indiana over the years.  Texas Tech, I am not sure, no.  But, they are doing it without Top 50 players and I like their style of play.  So, yes, I will enjoy the final.  I won't really care who wins, and those are the best kind of games to watch.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

So fundamentally sound, playing stellar defense and taking care of the ball. Clearly these guys buy into Coach Beards system and vision for the program. Jealous

Our Defense was much better this season. Give it another year. It's on schedule. Offense is behind.

38 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Again, not disagreeing with you, but why do you decide to defend the officiating in this game versus the 100 dreds of others that weren't officiated that way?

Because I think they ALL should be officiated fairly.  There is no valid reason to not call any fouls at the end of the game.  The hundreds of games where officials have swallowed their whistles and allowed shooters to be mugged at the end of the game sends a terrible message to teams.  I say, play hard but play clean.  If you foul rather than play good defense, you SHOULD lose the game.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why.  Should be a great game between two programs that, by all appearances, do things the right way.

Not sure any conmen sense is involved, but if you lived in Georgia like I have for the last almost 20 years, you would realize just how little respect there is for playing by the rules there is! just jades my opinion  of teams

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

From the radio feed:

John Thompson: "I've been saying that you can tell by the way they play defense that this man is a disciple of Bobby Knight."

Chris Beard: "And proud of it."

This is the saddest thing I've read all night. Not because of anything said, but because he wasn't talking about the current head coach of Indiana. It's weird how life plays out at times.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Unless the other team commits a blatant double dribble 1 second before that.  :coffee:

For certain.  The problem is, stuff happens so fast sometimes that officials simply can't keep up and process everything.  That said, they should at least try to keep up and not ignore legit calls when they see them.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

For certain.  The problem is, stuff happens so fast sometimes that officials simply can't keep up and process everything.  That said, they should at least try to keep up and not ignore legit calls when they see them.

I have watched a lot of elementary, middle school, and youth rec league ball the last several years.  I have never, ever seen that type of play not result in a double dribble until tonight.  And obviously those games are with a different level of officials.  That was a failure of colossal proportions.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have watched a lot of elementary, middle school, and youth rec league ball the last several years.  I have never, ever seen that type of play not result in a double dribble until tonight.  And obviously those games are with a different level of officials.  That was a failure of colossal proportions.  

They definitely missed the call.  They only guess I have, beyond that it happened too fast in real time is that they thought the defender touched the ball rather than it going off the dribbler's heel.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

We do? Don’t get me wrong I loved him when I was going to school there and his teams but always knew he had a shady program. No coincidence USI later got in trouble with violations after he left...and he had violations at UT...and his assistant coach last year getting players paid...great coach...fun guy...but dirty and we all knew that even at USI.

Apparently many down here feel differently, just sayin'.... As a matter of fact during the current USI season where the Eagles went to the Final Four, there was many references to Pearls '95 team and the current one.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Isn't it amazing that so many defend the officials for making the correct call, that is almost never called with 0 seconds left and ignore the missed call in front of it ?

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Isn't it amazing that so many defend the officials for making the correct call, that is almost never called with 0 seconds left and ignore the missed call in front of it ?

Hey, if officials truly saw the double dribble and refused to call it, that's just as wrong.  They're not perfect, but that's no reason to intentionally swallow your whistle.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Hey, if officials truly saw the double dribble and refused to call it, that's just as wrong.  They're not perfect, but that's no reason to intentionally swallow your whistle.

Not arguing with that, just pi@$@@ with some of the posters I respect trying to play this off as the officials did the right thing! 

If this is the right thing, why does it not play out at the end of most games ????

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not arguing with that, just pi@$@@ with some of the posters I respect trying to play this off as the officials did the right thing! 

If this is the right thing, why does it not play out at the end of most games ????

Of the people defending the Guy call, I think 100% have also said they refs blew the double dribble. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If you have to ask that question then I don’t have a response for you. Breaking the rules makes him a saint I guess. 

I don't equate following the rules to being a good person. If you do, I find you to lack goodness and critical thinking. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Did they miss any travels or double dribbles on Auburn during the game?

They probably did. The refs didn't call much all game, but that didn't exactly help the case that they did the right thing at the end. 

The refs blew the end of the game and it changed the outcome. There is really no way around that. 

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

They probably did. The refs didn't call much all game, but that didn't exactly help the case that they did the right thing at the end. 

The refs blew the end of the game and it changed the outcome. There is really no way around that. 

With missing the double dribble? Meh

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You might have been the only person in the world to catch that in real time when it happened. You typed they missed the double dribble, i thought what ? It took tv a few mins before they caught it.

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

To that I say find a new profession. Absolutely stole Auburn kids dreams. 

Archived