March Madness thread

rico

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think they are entertaining because I enjoy teams who actually set screens to get their shooter open and does not just dribble all the time.

That's fair.  Some think its boring.  I dont have a problem with their style but the pace can feel cumbersome. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the highlights, last play is the last play of the video. If @BGleas or anyone else can explain the difference in what the defender did to guy and what the defender did to Brown I'm all ears. 

On the Brown play, you are judging from when Brown left his feet and how the defender moved. I get that he tried to avoid contact, but he didn't and his rush forward for the ball brought him right to where Brown landed IMO. Where am I wrong?

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Here is the highlights, last play is the last play of the video. If @BGleas or anyone else can explain the difference in what the defender did to guy and what the defender did to Brown I'm all ears. 

On the Brown play, you are judging from when Brown left his feet and how the defender moved. I get that he tried to avoid contact, but he didn't and his rush forward for the ball brought him right to where Brown landed IMO. Where am I wrong?

Agree to disagree. Those are two completely different plays. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Agree to disagree. Those are two completely different plays. 

I don't think they are, but I'm open to you explaining it. Starting with where Brown left his feet, did the UVA player not come forward to meet the ball also? I get that he tried go back away, but once Brown is in the air it doesn't matter unless he backs all the way away. He didn't back all the way away and Brown landed on him. Is that description wrong?

Brown covered more ground in the air, but the rule doesn't say you call it differently because two guys jump differently. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think they are, but I'm open to you explaining it. Starting with where Brown left his feet, did the UVA player not come forward to meet the ball also? I get that he tried go back away, but once Brown is in the air it doesn't matter unless he backs all the way away. He didn't back all the way away and Brown landed on him. Is that description wrong?

Brown covered more ground in the air, but the rule doesn't say you call it differently because two guys jump differently. 

His feet are planted. The offensive player is going forward. It’s a caught pass when Hunter gets there, when he’s in a shooting motion Hunter is feet on the ground and then backing away with Brown causing any contact, if there was any. On Guy’s shot the defender actively jumped into him in the middle of the shooting motion. 

Again, agree to disagree. I don’t see a foul on the last shot. Literally almost everyone agrees Guy was fouled, the refs blew the double dribble. This back and fourth is the only place I’ve heard anyone mention anything about Browns shot. 

The officiating controversy aside, Kyle Guy was as cool as the other side if the pillow (RIP Stu).

The three he hit to get them within 2, and draining 3 free throws with all the pressure in the world on him was awesome.

Watch his body language on the second one...huge exhale. He knew that was the big one. After that one, I would have bet the house on him making the 3rd one.

And I'm with IU Scott.. I'd rather watch well executed basketball than a track meet with no defense.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

We're just the opposite then. Down here in Evansville, we look fondly of Bruce Pearl and what he has meant to athletics at University of Southern Indiana. So yes I was upset at Auburn losing and how the ending went.....

We do? Don’t get me wrong I loved him when I was going to school there and his teams but always knew he had a shady program. No coincidence USI later got in trouble with violations after he left...and he had violations at UT...and his assistant coach last year getting players paid...great coach...fun guy...but dirty and we all knew that even at USI.

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Live? I would have been screaming at the TV. After seeing the replay I would have changed my mind and agreed it was a foul. Barkley agreed it was a foul after seeing the replay. 

Honest answer, can't be denied. Sorry but I am still screaming at the officiating! This is just something that right or wrong is almost never called in the last second of the game!!! Made even worse for the miss of the double dribble?

Pearl is kind of like Vito Corleone. Is he dirty? Yes. But there's actually a sense of honor there also. When asked about what his real opinion was about the call, he said "Auburn is going to win with dignity, and Auburn is going to lose with dignity." If ever a time a coach has open permission to throw the officials under the bus (and run them over), and he doesn't take it.

Went over to Rupp’s Rafters just to see how they feel about not being in th FF.

- NCAA wants UVA to win because Bennett is a white guy while Pearl is a Jew.

- Bennett coaches at a school that “perpetuates the myth” that academics matter.

- Izzo is referred to as Uncle Tom’s Cabin

Had to exit the site before I threw up 

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Pearl is kind of like Vito Corleone. Is he dirty? Yes. But there's actually a sense of honor there also. When asked about what his real opinion was about the call, he said "Auburn is going to win with dignity, and Auburn is going to lose with dignity." If ever a time a coach has open permission to throw the officials under the bus (and run them over), and he doesn't take it.

Can you imagine the same interview under the same circumstances with Bob Knight.  All we would have heard was one big, long bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Went over to Rupp’s Rafters just to see how they feel about not being in th FF.

- NCAA wants UVA to win because Bennett is a white guy while Pearl is a Jew.

- Bennett coaches at a school that “perpetuates the myth” that academics matter.

- Izzo is referred to as Uncle Tom’s Cabin

Had to exit the site before I threw up 

Now, go bathe in clorox! 😀

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Bruce Pearl held his tongue in the post-game interview.  A lot of coaches would not have done that.  

I feel like I need a shower, after “liking” a Pearl compliment....but there is no denying he handled the interview extremely well.

Archived