March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Dang, listening to the sizes of the players being introduced, I'm thinking these are NOT teams that IU would have match up problems with???

Yeah, IU needs to get bigger and longer. It really was a grind the last two years having Morgan at the 5 and no suitable 4. Imagine the size difference between the frontcourt of Morgan, Smith and Durham (not that he was a frontcourt player, but I guess he was the 3) vs. potentially next year Brunk/Davis, TJD (very important for him to be able to play the 4), Hunter. That’s a huge size and length difference. 

If we can have a solid year next year and make the tourney, then you come back the following year with an experienced group. 

Phinisee JR

??

Hunter RS Jr

TJD SO

Brunk RS Sr

That would be an experienced, talented, solid group in 2020-21 with size and length. I think we still need some shooters, but that’s a lineup that doesn’t even include Durham (Sr), Smith (Sr), Franklin (So),etc.

But back to the original point, Archie needs to get IU to the point where athletic, long, 6’9” guys like TJD are playing the 4 for IU, not the 5 

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Understand, but this is not Duke or UNC. After the abuse Bennett took last year I would like to see them win 

Understand, but no way one conference should have received 3 number one seedings!!!  Talks to a complete disrespect of basketball!

Just now, Drroogh said:

Understand, but no way one conference should have received 3 number one seedings!!!  Talks to a complete disrespect of basketball!

Oh, I agree with that. As much as I don’t want to see MSU win, they deserved a #1 seed. Top to bottom best conference. No way they shouldn’t have been a top seed. 

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

3 Number one seeding also talks to the complete ineptitude of the NCAA concerning recruiting and actual student athletes! ! Just saying!

Archived