March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 beers, and 3 satisfying fails in 2 nights..for 1 relieved fool... Just enjoying the moment @GoshenFan84

Steuben had made a reference to IU fans using the sweep , and I believe it was the transitive property to feed on some of Sparty's success if they win the NC. 

And I hung in there thinking IU could possibly make the Dance until I saw them not included. - So that was self depreciating humor about not letting it go sooner.

What I'm really thinking towards Sparty is:  "Thanks a lot jerks. You could have been better quad 1 wins way before now!! " Lol 

If you're still confused then I've had too much to drink ...Sad part is I have 8 left to go.

Just now, IUFLA said:

And while Duke is down and I'm in a kicking mood...

I got so tired of hearing how Zion Williamson was the most unique talent ever, and how we'd never seen a player like that...

I disagree...Anyone who watched IU's 1970-71 season will tell you George McGinnis was every bit the phenomenon Zion Williamson is. Maybe even more.

Any sophomore that leads the B10 in scoring AND rebounding is special. Better ball handler and passer too.

I don't think Zion is the most unique talent ever, but I think he's a once in a decade level talent.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

I don't think Zion is the most unique talent ever, but I think he's a once in a decade level talent.

Might have been Bilas that said it. I tend to drown him out and dream of mucking horse stalls when he speaks

3 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

4 beers, and 3 satisfying fails in 2 nights..for 1 relieved fool... Just enjoying the moment @GoshenFan84

Steuben had made a reference to IU fans using the sweep , and I believe it was the transitive property to feed on some of Sparty's success if they win the NC. 

And I hung in there thinking IU could possibly make the Dance until I saw them not included. - So that was self depreciating humor about not letting it go sooner.

What I'm really thinking towards Sparty is:  "Thanks a lot jerks. You could have been better quad 1 wins way before now!! " Lol 

If you're still confused then I've had too much to drink ...Sad part is I have 8 left to go.

Lol well I've had 4 tall boys myself so maybe my reading comprehension ain't no good.

26 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Heck, while we're at it ....If they win it ,  why not just make them cut a corner off that Banner and mail 'er on over to Bloomington . You'e welcome-type stuff...

A corner of one , is still more actual NCAA Banners than Purdue.  ;)  

I would only be doing it so @Steubenhoosier can confirm he correctly predicted this would happen with (IU fans) using math properties to claim Sparty's claims....See what I did there. 

Oh and my personal agenda of course.....To say that even after that NIT berth, I just knew IU still had a chance win an NC this year!

Are the any known legal ramifications for rigging fate like that? Lol

I was not the guy claiming transitive association. I think FWHoosier did that.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I was not the guy claiming transitive association. I think FWHoosier did that.

Beer ...See what I meant now 

Sorry for mis-attributing that to you .

Had some work come up, so perhaps fortunately beer plans didn't last long. Very sobering indeed.

5 hours ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Look, you do what it takes to win. I've done what Rodney Dangerfield did in 'Ladybugs' to win a title or two.

You play the game to win.

Sad! Even our great fanbase has our own versions of pUKe fans! Winning at all cost, isn't really winning at all!!!

Part of the fun of the tourney (besides actually having IU in it) is watching the mega teams built on OAD model going up against veteran teams. I'm curious what will happen in a couple of years if NBA lifts age restriction. If that happens....yesterday has no Zion, Barrett, PJ Williamson,etc.....which I think creates great intrigue to the tourney. The whole one and done guy vs the 3/4 star Junior or Senior. Easy story to sell interest in. What happens if the one and done guys aren't there anymore?

Did you know ? Texas Tech head basketball coach Chris Beard only coached at Arkansas sLittle Rock for one season and he Beat Purdue in the NCAA Tournament ? ( ,I'm still loving that vbg. ) And , Beard was the Associate Head Coach under Bob Knight at Texas Tech for Eight seasons !!!!!!!!

PS. Auburn started the season with 4 Srs. , 9 Juniors , 3 sophomores , and No Freshmen !!!!!!

13 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Virginia did not have Kyle Guy versus UMBC in the Dance last season due to a wrist injury ! Injuries do make a difference ?

How in the world did we let him get out of state. 

I might be way off and I know they are not of the same level but I am afraid that if Leal gets away we will be saying the same thing about him

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

How in the world did we let him get out of state. 

I might be way off and I know they are not of the same level but I am afraid that if Leal gets away we will be saying the same thing about him

3 words. Tom Crean extension. 

As soon as Crean was extended you had several (including Guy) look elsewhere. The tweets over the weekend where Guy was quoted as saying I wanted to go to IU, family were trustees, season ticket holders,etc....makes the blood boil how many times our Administration/AD shoot themselves in the foot. 

Just now, HoagieRoll said:

I heard TTU lost four starters from the elite eight team last year, and now here they are in the final four. 

Great job by Beard 

Not exactly the same model but similar to Purdue where you lose starters....but you  had 3-4 other guys who played plenty of meaningful minutes (like Sheehey for us) and when it's time for them to become a new starter the drop off isn't severe. 

19 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Virginia did not have Kyle Guy versus UMBC in the Dance last season due to a wrist injury ! Injuries do make a difference ?

Getting facts straight make a difference.  Guy scored 15 against UMBC.

Archived