Jump to content

Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would make me a pioneer lol

I know how to start a rumor or two ....

I'm going to go post over there that a certain Boiler23 has been masquerading as a Boiler fan for years, that he's been a regular here for years, that he LOVES the Hoosiers, and laughs with us about his Boiler "friends." 

Shall I?

😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So did I, but he was obviously there last night. All of this is so stupid. 

To be so tight lipped about his recruitment and decision and then this happens. SMH    I mean you're making your announcement on the radio TK.   You can call into the station live and say your choice man.  No need to be sly and sneak into a studio beforehand.

Go Hoosiers!!!

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I know how to start a rumor or two ....

I'm going to go post over there that a certain Boiler23 has been masquerading as a Boiler fan for years, that he's been a regular here for years, that he LOVES the Hoosiers, and laughs with us about his Boiler "friends." 

Shall I?

😁

@Stlboiler23 getting drummed out of GBI after " The Mod" rumor...

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is how I am starting to feel about recruiting

Image result for nothing to see here quote from the naked gun

I’ve been hearing for years how we have to prioritize Indiana kids in recruiting. Locking down the state. Then Indiana kid doesn’t want to come here and people down play recruit and how good they are. Can we just throw location out now and just agree we want the best player because giving these home town kids the benefit over a kid like Geronimo who was blown away by IU doesn’t seem to make any sense. We want kids that feel IU is a special offer not those that take it for granted. I’m not handicapping out of state kids for location any more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

So basically I think it’s safe to say this is what happened...Trey FaceTimed with our coaching staff Wednesday (according to CoachSS) and Trey probably found out about Archie’s birthday and wanted to let him know he wasn’t coming there to avoid the whole situation. 

He went to the same location he was going to record his “live” announcement to either pre-record it or maybe his friend wanted to do a practice run for today, and they didn’t realize they were live on the air and people could hear them. 

It would be incredible if he said screw all this I’m going to flip it to IU now but apparently in that leaked audio Trey said he spoke with Painter about 2 weeks ago and didn’t flat out tell him it was Purdue but knew by then he wanted to go there, so I don’t see him changing his mind. 

I would like to say IU gave it there all but I started to worry about this recruitment when Trey said that while IU had been recruiting him the longest, only until Virginia started to really prioritize Trey did Archie assume a bigger role. Sounds like he got too confident and it came back to bite him. 

I’ve said this many times. In big recruits like this Ostrom assumes the lead role instead of CAM so these players are building relationships with head coaches for other teams like Painter with Purdue but not with us and it hurts us with the bigger recruits. He can obviously get away with this for recruits in the 80s-100s but this needs to change if he wants to try recruiting with the big boys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve been hearing for years how we have to prioritize Indiana kids in recruiting. Locking down the state. Then Indiana kid doesn’t want to come here and people down play recruit and how good they are. Can we just throw location out now and just agree we want the best player because giving these home town kids the benefit over a kid like Geronimo who was blown away by IU doesn’t seem to make any sense. We want kids that feel IU is a special offer not those that take it for granted. I’m not handicapping out of state kids for location any more. 

I an not syaing this is a good thing but have told you many times that even our best coach did not get e very Indiana recruit.  He never got 3 straight Mr. Basketballs so why when Archie misses out on one he is vilified for it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

So I missed something here...what did this mean?

Was supposed to mean he was still coming to IU as of that time, but doesn’t sound like his info was very good. Hope he can come back at 6 and say “boom” and I have to apologize!

Edited by kyhoosier29
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

I believe you’ve said your wife is an IU fan/alum. Her joining this forum is the fuel HSN needs right now. Give the people what they want @Stlboiler23!

63CF1BB8-8E7F-4E05-837F-EB6DB3FF40E1.gif

Hahaha she’s not really a big sports fan. More into arts. I’ve gotten her more into sports since we’ve been together. She got into Purdue football when the Tyler Trent thing was going down actually. Random side note, my wife and I actually adopted the Trent’s dog a few years ago since they had so much going on with Tyler. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I an not syaing this is a good thing but have told you many times that even our best coach did not get e very Indiana recruit.  He never got 3 straight Mr. Basketballs so why when Archie misses out on one he is vilified for it.

Because he isn’t winning with the talent we have. If you aren’t going to see a team compete for B1G title at least continue to show us why we should be optimistic the Calvary is coming. I felt pretty good but the momentum has been slipping. Starting to see some cracks in the line. Brooks, Watford, Garcia, Furst, Kaufman. I don’t care you don’t win the recruiting battles at least show me you can coach up what we have. We knew Knight could squeeze blood from a turnip. Also Knight had a personality that there was no way under the sun every Mr Basketball and their families would send their kid there. I hear that Archie is a closer. Well he struggling to do that. Add that to the quality of play on the floor...hey man you eventually got to start excelling at one to help the other. Right now he is spinning tires...and that won’t cut it at IU. He has a chance this year to change the narrative...but that is just putting pressure on him. Not sweat off my back...he is the one with the job on the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Because he isn’t winning with the talent we have. If you aren’t going to see a team compete for B1G title at least continue to show us why we should be optimistic the Calvary is coming. I felt pretty good but the momentum has been slipping. Starting to see some cracks in the line. Brooks, Watford, Garcia, Furst, Kaufman. I don’t care you don’t win the recruiting battles at least show me you can coach up what we have. We knew Knight could squeeze blood from a turnip. Also Knight had a personality that there was no way under the sun every Mr Basketball and their families would send their kid there. I hear that Archie is a closer. Well he struggling to do that. Add that to the quality of play on the floor...hey man you eventually got to start excelling at one to help the other. Right now he is spinning tires...and that won’t cut it at IU. He has a chance this year to change the narrative...but that is just putting pressure on him. Not sweat off my back...he is the one with the job on the line.

Well for one IU won 20 games last year and was going to be in the tournament and Purdue wasn’t but everyone seems to forget that. In year 3 that’s what I expected from Archie so what you want last year 25 wins? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...