Jump to content

Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Guys, everyone appreciates what you both bring.  Heck, my kids go to school with Trey and I trust you both no more than I.

That said, it's not a competition about who is right.   Most posters understand that you guys can't be right 100% of the time. 

Thank you both for what you bring to the board.  

Keep bringing what you bring to the table, even if it conflicts with others.  I enjoy reading info that doesn't make it to the public. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

My personal belief is Trey will not want his recruitment to be a distraction next season (if there is one).  So, my prediction is he will commit before November.

No thoughts that I'm willing to share on where he may commit.  But, if you listen to the podcast I linked, he does provide some clues as to what he is looking for.

Tend to agree with this. The team felt they lost out on a real opportunity to get 2 straight and going into their senior season with a real shot at 3 in a row. They will be locked in and Trey being one of the team leaders will realize that and not want any distractions to affect the end goal for the season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Seems massively underrated nationally 

In truth, Rivals has him massively underrated.  And, since Rivals and 247 are really the only two rating services that actually matter, it has a significant impact on his overall rating,  

247 has him at 41 and I think a reasonable range for Trey is 30-50.    Can he continue to work hard and be a Top 25 player nationally?  Absolutely.  

The good thing is that Trey understands what he needs to work on and is using this Corona time to focus on those things.  Athleticism is one of those and getting his vertical up to '38 inches is a major achievement.  I've been fortunate to watch him play over several years and I can assure you that a 38 inch vertical is not something I expected. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trey is very underrated and especially for a 6'9" player who has both athleticism and an outside shot that many coaches and scouts on here love.  Did I mention he was from Indiana which means his basketball IQ alone counts as a star in the rankings.  No question, Trey is a 5 star recruit and I don't care which site says otherwise.  Another must get for Coach Miller and I have ALL the confidence Miller will win out over Louisville, KY and NC.  It's Miller Time in B'Town!

Edited by BornHoosier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, btownqb said:

I saw this was posted online by Indiana Elite two hours ago. My source sent it to me last night at 945 last night. 

20200519_113246.jpg

I swore off verticals after the IU marketing ploy with Justin and others a couple years ago...but this is a good thing. Of all the really great things he does well I’d say explosive athleticism was not up there high on his positives. Great to see him working hard at it and a sign of good things to come hopefully!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I swore off verticals after the IU marketing ploy with Justin and others a couple years ago...but this is a good thing. Of all the really great things he does well I’d say explosive athleticism was not up there high on his positives. Great to see him working hard at it and a sign of good things to come hopefully!!

Its not the end all be all, but Justin's vertical/overall jumping ability is a big part of his game. I understand he has developed much of an offensive game, but hopefully we can cover that up this year. Smith rebounds and plays very good defense, I think the others will cover up his lack of offense this year and Smith can just be more of a put back/finisher on a fast break guy. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its not the end all be all, but Justin's vertical/overall jumping ability is a big part of his game. I understand he has developed much of an offensive game, but hopefully we can cover that up this year. Smith rebounds and plays very good defense, I think the others will cover up his lack of offense this year and Smith can just be more of a put back/finisher on a fast break guy. 

Yeah I didn’t mean to hate on Justin...he is a good kid and he works hard. The hype around him didn’t ever live up...at least this far. That said his defense and ability to switch 1-4 really makes our defense go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, btownqb said:

I saw this was posted online by Indiana Elite two hours ago. My source sent it to me last night at 945 last night. 

20200519_113246.jpg

This only matters if he commits to IU.  If he goes somewhere else, I hope it is photoshopped. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

This only matters if he commits to IU.  If he goes somewhere else, I hope it is photoshopped. 

May not matter even at IU so much given how differently verticals are measured. It can be over blown sometimes. For instance give me a kid with a great second bounce over one that has to reload every time or has a large vertical but is slow to leap. Not to take away from Trey because I think the Evidence is this kid is working very hard to improve his game. Not just his jump shot but to improve his overall game and areas that may not be a strength.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pegram put in a crystal ball pick for us.  Seems like an odd time to do it if he’s thinking it’s just the safe pick.  

Well he’s not very confident in that pick. Apparently they rank the confidence in the pick and he put a 3 out of 10 I’m guessing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pegram put in a crystal ball pick for us.  Seems like an odd time to do it if he’s thinking it’s just the safe pick.  

I can say this. Throughout the pandemic.... IU has been very diligent in maintaining contact with Trey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

Well he’s not very confident in that pick. Apparently they rank the confidence in the pick and he put a 3 out of 10 I’m guessing. 

I saw that too and I’m so confused by that and I can’t find anywhere on their site to explain it lol. So I guess he’s less confident in it than all of the other predictors since they gave 6’s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

It is an every day thing.  There is no doubt in Trey's mind that IU has highly prioritized him.  Ostrom has been really solid in these situations so far.

Agreed. Ostrom has been the lead person on this recruitment

Love all you do for us TDH.  Please stay safe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...