Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Correct I’m not claiming that. Just explaining the definition of a silent commit

Well as long as it works out better than the last great super silent verbal commit IU supposedly got from ketchup kid. 

2021 could be something like Duncomb, Kaufman, Muhammad, and Goode.  

Then 22 is loaded in state too.  You can start sketching out a heck of a roster.  And I don’t think Archie will just stack talent and figure it out later.  I think there is a method here where he will assemble complementary talent.   I expect that he’s going to want to get a team full of motivated, competitive, tough kids.  You could see that when he went after Matt Cross last summer and the four kids we got.  I think that’s where we are headed.  Put the potential 20, 21, and 22 classes together, and I see big things.   

9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Well as long as it works out better than the last great super silent verbal commit IU supposedly got from ketchup kid. 

I'll take the TJD version.Where he had been signed and delivered for 10 days and nobody on the staff leaked a word.

11 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Let me make sure everyone understands.

• Trey is not going to commit to a coach and back out.
  • Trey's family will allow this to be his own decision.  
  • Any speculation on this board is just that, speculation.  If Trey commits and it's not IU, then the fault behind fan disappointment lies with the speculating fans, not with Trey himself.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let me make sure everyone understands.

• Trey is not going to commit to a coach and back out.
  • Trey's family will allow this to be his own decision.  
  • Any speculation on this board is just that, speculation.  If Trey commits and it's not IU, then the fault behind fan disappointment lies with the speculating fans, not with Trey himself.  

Deep 😤.  Agree 100% though with this 👆🏻

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Any speculation on this board is just that, speculation.  If Trey commits and it's not IU, then the fault behind fan disappointment lies with the speculating fans, not with Trey himself.  

Exactly.  The "silent commit" is not just speculation, it's likely wrong.  Trey is visiting Louisville yesterday and today. 

Per The Daily Hoosier:

"Multiple reports indicate IU 2021 targets Aminu Mohammed, Blake Wesley and Trey Kaufman are all at Louisville this weekend."

24 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Exactly.  The "silent commit" is not just speculation, it's likely wrong.  Trey is visiting Louisville yesterday and today. 

Per The Daily Hoosier:

"Multiple reports indicate IU 2021 targets Aminu Mohammed, Blake Wesley and Trey Kaufman are all at Louisville this weekend."

Now that a group I long too see together,  but in Candy stripes.  Did not realise all of them would be at UL together 

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Per The Daily Hoosier:

I think I’ve cracked the code on Chris Mack’s recruiting strategy. Follow Archie like a puppy offering every single recruit he does.

2 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

I think I’ve cracked the code on Chris Mack’s recruiting strategy. Follow Archie like a puppy offering every single recruit he does.

They just offered Blake yesterday. He’s on an unofficial down there. Not sure about the other two as far as official or unofficial.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, 5fouls said:

Great profile from a local news station.  Those of you that grew up in the 70's will love his t-shirt.

https://www.whas11.com/video/sports/silver-creeks-kaufman-catching-eyes/417-d9449bcf-edb8-4842-beb8-c0e8dc7799a5

Don't buy the silent commit angle at all after watching that. Mentions working with his mom this summer to narrow down the process. 

31 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Don't buy the silent commit angle at all after watching that. Mentions working with his mom this summer to narrow down the process. 

I agree. I feel that we are in a good position and decision should happen over the summer and I would say that if today was decision day I like where we are.

PS What is going on with Hauser basketball,  is a change coming

22 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Per The Daily Hoosier:

Be nice to see

” It’s been confirmed that IU 2021 targets Aminu Muhammed,Blake Wesley and Trey Kaufman are all at Indiana this weekend “....maybe this spring it could happen 

18 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

They just offered Blake yesterday. He’s on an unofficial down there. Not sure about the other two as far as official or unofficial.

Unofficial. There was a larger group than just the 3 but only 1 was an official visit and it wasn't a player IU is recruiting.

On 3/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, Madison22 said:

Per The Daily Hoosier:

This past weekend? Kaufman has Sectionals this weekend. I don't see a visit happening for him then. That team is locked into winning another State title and that starts this week.

It’s simple math, IU needs to make the Tourney in 2020 while competing for B10 titles in 2021!  If that happens, I could give 2 shits about losing in state recruits to Louisville, KY, MSU, Duke or NC as the real Movement has begun.  Anything less in 2020 or 2021, ALL BETS ARE OFF

Just because he is a teammate of Trey Kaufmann... if Kooper Jacobi was 6'8-6'9 I would want him no questions asked. 

Let's hypothetically say that no one leaves except for Damezi and Lander comes in 2020... we would have 4 spots for '21- I would sleep very, very easily if we grabbed Kaufman, 2 of Wesley/Goode/Barnhizer and Kooper Jacobi. 

He's avg 17p 8r right now and you want to talk about a winner. Shew 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Just because he is a teammate of Trey Kaufmann... if Kooper Jacobi was 6'8-6'9 I would want him no questions asked. 

Let's hypothetically say that no one leaves except for Damezi and Lander comes in 2020... we would have 4 spots for '21- I would sleep very, very easily if we grabbed Kaufman, 2 of Wesley/Goode/Barnhizer and Kooper Jacobi. 

He's avg 17p 8r right now and you want to talk about a winner. Shew 

When is the last time we took two guys from the same school in the same class?  Lyndon Jones and Jay Edwards comes to mind but that is the only one I can think of.

10 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

When is the last time we took two guys from the same school in the same class?  Lyndon Jones and Jay Edwards comes to mind but that is the only one I can think of.

Not sure. I don't think I can remember one in my lifetime. 

Just to be clear.. I'm not advocating that we should pursue KJ more, just saying we absolutely should be doing are due diligence. 

Archived