Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pump the breaks.  

Mom just said, "can someone please inform me where Trey is going to college because I'm getting conflicting reports and want to make sure I plan accordingly."  🤣🤣 #learnsomething neweverydayaboutyourkid  "all jokes aside he has no clue. He is concerned with winning state title again right now."

Smokescreen lol  

Trey had me as a straight A student, but when you see clips of him, you can really see his versatility as an offensive player.  Stretch the floor, back to the basket, and drive.  I heard on a podcast somebody questioning his defense--I think it was Nick Baumgart--but you see some nice tools to be able to defend.

If we get some more Indiana kids, it will harken back to the early 90's when we were looking at Cheaney, Henderson, Bailey, Graham, Graham, Evans, Leary, P Knight, and Nover from in-state.  That group clicked.  I am not saying our next crew will be that good but the parallel might be there in terms of Indiana pedigree, and that is an outstanding thing as history has shown us.

6 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Trey had me as a straight A student, but when you see clips of him, you can really see his versatility as an offensive player.  Stretch the floor, back to the basket, and drive.  I heard on a podcast somebody questioning his defense--I think it was Nick Baumgart--but you see some nice tools to be able to defend.

If we get some more Indiana kids, it will harken back to the early 90's when we were looking at Cheaney, Henderson, Bailey, Graham, Graham, Evans, Leary, P Knight, and Nover from in-state.  That group clicked.  I am not saying our next crew will be that good but the parallel might be there in terms of Indiana pedigree, and that is an outstanding thing as history has shown us.

Exactly! All of these in-state kids seem to really enjoy being around each other. Great relationships forming before actually wearing the stripes.

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Great profile from a local news station.  Those of you that grew up in the 70's will love his t-shirt.

https://www.whas11.com/video/sports/silver-creeks-kaufman-catching-eyes/417-d9449bcf-edb8-4842-beb8-c0e8dc7799a5

Love it!. SQuire Rushnell the creator of Schoolhouse Rock is a good friend and included a story about Ayden called Godwinks a Devotional.  Just talked to SQuire last week. Love the shirt

Archived