PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Back issues.  You're not keen on Hideki, I take it?

Love him...I don't like Fanduel platform where you can't sub out a player you've taken when he WD's after the tourney starts. Zero competitive advantage....or at the very least give us the guy who replaced him in the tourney this week. 

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Love him...I don't like Fanduel platform where you can't sub out a player you've taken when he WD's after the tourney starts. Zero competitive advantage....or at the very least give us the guy who replaced him in the tourney this week. 

Ahhh...okay.  I'm totally unfamiliar with the entire sports book/betting world.   😁

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:26 AM, Seeking6 said:

Players Championship on deck. So many guys to choose from this week. I don't gamble on individual plays (only do fanduel lineups) but it would be tough to not put a couple $ on guys like DJ or Koepka given the odds....despite poor course history for DJ.

I'm rolling with Morikawa in my leagues. Forecast calls for rain most of Thursday and Friday. Winds up Saturday....very cool for Florida on Sunday. 

Guys under the radar but have great course history are Scott, Sergio, Casey...even Kim. 

Good luck this week!

Best field of the year, including majors. Carnage will come saturday with 40 degree temps and a 35 mile per hour wind. As fast as they get the greens rolling there, with that wind we might see some balls moving. 17 will be fun with a 35 mile per hour cross wind. We had the caddy shot every wed. of the week. I can proudly say in 25 years I only hit 1 ball in the water. Of course they always had the pin in the middle just over the ridge. It was down wind and I 3 hopped over the back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Indykev said:

Best field of the year, including majors. Carnage will come saturday with 40 degree temps and a 35 mile per hour wind. As fast as they get the greens rolling there, with that wind we might see some balls moving. 17 will be fun with a 35 mile per hour cross wind. We had the caddy shot every wed. of the week. I can proudly say in 25 years I only hit 1 ball in the water. Of course they always had the pin in the middle just over the ridge. It was down wind and I 3 hopped over the back.

Only played the course once and I can say it was the most satisfying par of my life...of course that was this other average golfers with a few beers in us. I can't even imagine the pressure of that shot with a packed house....and like you said the winds are coming. Carnage is probably polite!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Indykev said:

I just don't know how they do it.  Always amazed how composed the players are about changing conditions both day to day AND within the same round.  Just incredible, in my opinion.  Really enjoy watching the PGA.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue how they make this fair and/or getting it completed but if round 1 won't be finished until after 1-2pm tomorrow? With the weather coming slower play is expected so maybe 4-5 hours of golf tomorrow? I'll be shocked if this thing is done on Monday. 

Yeah...really too bad.  I always think of all the folks who work hard to put on a great event only to have Mother Nature screw it up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Yeah...really too bad.  I always think of all the folks who work hard to put on a great event only to have Mother Nature screw it up.

Just watched Scheffler, Schauffle, Koepka play 17.  All hit their first shot into the water.  The wind is b-a-d...BAD.

16 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Boy, the weather has really caused problems for this event.  

I don't have the answer for what's fair or not on days like yesterday. I do though know when I see something isn't right and that wasn't right yesterday. The AM/PM guys because of the delays are getting a huge advantage.

At this point I just hope they can get things finished tomorrow and call it a week. Shame for such a signature event. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't have the answer for what's fair or not on days like yesterday. I do though know when I see something isn't right and that wasn't right yesterday. The AM/PM guys because of the delays are getting a huge advantage.

At this point I just hope they can get things finished tomorrow and call it a week. Shame for such a signature event. 

Yeah, I totally agree.  And for it to occur in this event is so unfortunate.

Cameron Smith is really, really growing on me. That shot on 17 yesterday?? At that moment to take that line? Incredible stones.

PS....thought it was cool but after the tourney he invited about 30-40 caddies over to his house there for pizza/beers,etc...I know some will say he can afford it,etc....but it's still the gesture.

Seems like a very, very genuine sort of guy to me.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Scottie Scheffler up to #1 in the world.  

So many likeable guys on the tour right now. Just need to figure out who I want to saddle up with in the bridge from Tiger to Charlie.

Brooks, Morikawa, Rahm, Scheffler all are currently in some of my favorites. Problem is there are about 30 golfers that I actually like week in and out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So many likeable guys on the tour right now. Just need to figure out who I want to saddle up with in the bridge from Tiger to Charlie.

Brooks, Morikawa, Rahm, Scheffler all are currently in some of my favorites. Problem is there are about 30 golfers that I actually like week in and out. 

First time Scheffler was on the weekend leader board a few years back I thought he seemed to be a pretty cool dude.  Glad to see him rise to the top.  I've not been watching golf so far this year. With college hoops winding down and the Masters looming, it's time for me to start.   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Tiger and Charlie playing a practice round right now at Augusta.  Let the speculation begin

I applaud him in the effort department. 13 months removed from his accident I don't see how he could do that grind for 4 days (assuming he makes cut). As we all know...the tv doesn't do that golf course justice when it comes to the hills.

I'm hoping he makes it but seems like a longshot for sure!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I applaud him in the effort department. 13 months removed from his accident I don't see how he could do that grind for 4 days (assuming he makes cut). As we all know...the tv doesn't do that golf course justice when it comes to the hills.

I agree but I don't think he is just there to say hi. IF and thats a huge IF how awesome would that be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but I don't think he is just there to say hi. IF and thats a huge IF how awesome would that be. 

My good friend is in my category of an unhealthy fandom of all things Tiger. He's going to his first Masters this year. He's on pins and needles for another week just to see if can give it a go.

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

That's pretty cool. I can only imagine

I've never been inside. Just outside looking in. Have entered the lottery forever and no luck. I told myself I was finally going to just do one of these life moments no matter the cost but when Tiger had accident I delayed that until 2023. 

Hoping it happens for him and for all Tiger/golf fans. It's not the same level of fandom as first 4 days of tourney but the Masters is very close for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

😲  Beyond a longshot, IMHO.   He's lucky to have a right leg, as he has said.  My guess is that he's going to need more time...and possibly never competes again before he's eligible for the Champions Tour.