Pizza Style?

Drroogh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife introduced me to a place called Monicals, a chain in central Illinois, and converted me to thin crust. So thin crust is my top choice. But I'll eat about any style really. Really like wood fired pizzas. 

As for noble Roman's there are a couple paired up with a gas stations close to me. Good pizza and the best breadsticks and cheese I've had. 

There is a place in little Nashville called Bronzinis that is supposed to be New York Style that is very good. 

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife introduced me to a place called Monicals, a chain in central Illinois, and converted me to thin crust. So thin crust is my top choice. But I'll eat about any style really. Really like wood fired pizzas. 

As for noble Roman's there are a couple paired up with a gas stations close to me. Good pizza and the best breadsticks and cheese I've had. 

There is a place in little Nashville called Bronzinis that is supposed to be New York Style that is very good. 

A guy I worked with in Bloomington owner a pizza place in Little Nashville called Harvest Moon

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Surprised nobody has posted this...I loved this one when I worked at IU.  

https://wholefully.com/cream-and-crimson-pizza/

Rico. Back in the dark ages when I was a student at IU.  This was my go to place for pizza.  Close to Colonial Crest, where I spent my Senior year. Had it delivered all the time to my dorm room in McNutt, when I lived there.  And I heard that it was Coach Knight's favorite as well. And he would order pizzas for the opponent teams as well as IU for after the games.

They have moved. Back in the day. Maybe one or two tables. So it was always take out or delivery.

SWING-IN PIZZA | Bloomington Pizza Delivery & Carryout

Then another favorite.  And when I was a student, and ordered a pizza at Nick's they would have it made at Cafe Pizzaria, just a couple doors down. And someone would walk it down from Cafe Pizzaria to Nick's.

Cafe Pizzaria | A Bloomington tradition since 1953

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also.. post 2am... nothing betterS than Porky Pie from Hot Box. 

Sorry, but in school in Angola, there was no good late night pizza place! Our late night choice consisted of Rosie's Diner! I used to enjoy eating on the balcony, which meant I sat on top of the cigarette machine!😀 

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Monical’s is in Indy foo FYI 

6 hours ago, rico said:

Not to change the subject, but I will.  Whatever happened to Noble Roman's?  Used to be one in Warsaw and at least one in Fort Wayne by Glenbrook.  

Went out of business I believe but they’ve been popping back up around Indy (Carmel, Westfield, Fishers) recently and it’s kind of a craft beer pizza joint now. I liked the old one better. 

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Monicals....havent heard that name in awhile. Founded in Tolono, IL. Yep, Brian Cardinal's hometown.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Gross haha. Never liked provel. In STL the big pizza place with Provel is Imo’s. Nasty stuff lol

As I stated previously. Some hate the taste of Provel.  Others don't.  And I can appreciate your dislike. On the other hand, I am on the side of those that love Provel. On a thin cracker crust, cut into squares.  Just as they do at Imo's. 

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Went out of business I believe but they’ve been popping back up around Indy (Carmel, Westfield, Fishers) recently and it’s kind of a craft beer pizza joint now. I liked the old one better. 

You are correct. I do the signage for them and most of the chain pizza places. It was nice to see Noble Roman's back in the game

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I remember the grease just pouring off the pizza. Cant find that anymore 

You can down here in Texas. We had a pizza from a place called RC's the other night that was so greasy, I asked if John Calipari made it.

Archived