Conference record expectation

bobtcat2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The conference standings are probably either misleading at this point, or not a clear reflection of where they're going to end up.

MN and PU have played 6 road games, and MU and OSU have played 5. They are respectively 0-6, 1-5, 0-5 and 1-4 on the road. 

At home they are, respectively, 9-1, 8-1, 8-1 and 10-1.

There are teams playing well on the road, including MSU (2-1, but that's only 3 games), Iowa (3-2), and Wisc (3-3). But for the most part records are dragged down by the road.

We're 1-3 on the road, and 11-1 at home. MSU is going to be a tough game for sure, note MD is 0-4 so far on the road, and we owe them some payback. Hope to go 2-0 in these next two of course, but really need to go 1-1 to keep on track.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, bobtcat2 said:

This conference schedule is killer.  I think 8-12 is a pretty decent record.  Would it be enough for an NCAA bid?  Probably not.  8 wins or more and I'm satisfied, fewer than 8 I'd be really concerned.

Before anybody jumps down my throat, take a look at the schedule.  I know pointless to complain about it since the unbalanced schedule is going to benefit you sometimes and hurt you sometimes.

On the plus side it's a lot more opportunities for good wins.

I'm thinking 9-11 now, very slight lean towards 9 rather than 10.  I think they can run the table at home or lose one and maybe grab a road game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, bobtcat2 said:

This conference schedule is killer.  I think 8-12 is a pretty decent record.  Would it be enough for an NCAA bid?  Probably not.  8 wins or more and I'm satisfied, fewer than 8 I'd be really concerned.

Before anybody jumps down my throat, take a look at the schedule.  I know pointless to complain about it since the unbalanced schedule is going to benefit you sometimes and hurt you sometimes.

On the plus side it's a lot more opportunities for good wins.

It's really looking like 8-12 now, sad to say.  I thought there was a chance at 9 or 10 but the Maryland game really hurt.

Archived