Conference record expectation

bobtcat2

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think going at least 3-3 over the next 6 is a must.  Beat Northwestern, split the road games against Nebraska and Rutgers, and win one of the home games against OSU, MSU, and Maryland.  You would think that should be doable, and would at least keep us alive for a tourney bid.

Before the season I thought this stretch was 5-1. Now? I'd probably take 3-3 and call it a day...but boy I'd love 4-2. Guess  you never know. We sweep Sparty last year so stranger things happen. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think going at least 3-3 over the next 6 is a must.  Beat Northwestern, split the road games against Nebraska and Rutgers, and win one of the home games against OSU, MSU, and Maryland.  You would think that should be doable, and would at least keep us alive for a tourney bid.

I'll one up ya and say they need to go 4-2 over the next 6 to feel good about the NCAA. The back half of the schedule is absolutely brutal.

You can't get beat at home that many times and on the road to a team like Nebraska and be a NCAA team.

11 minutes ago, JugRox said:

I'll one up ya and say they need to go 4-2 over the next 6 to feel good about the NCAA. The back half of the schedule is absolutely brutal.

You can't get beat at home that many times and on the road to a team like Nebraska and be a NCAA team.

Can’t say you’re wrong necessarily, but I think we could still have some hope going 3-3 — that would put us at 4-5 about halfway through conference play and at least keep us alive to get to 10-10, which kind of seems like the magic number at this point.

I came up with 3-3 because I was talking about this with a friend yesterday, and I decided that if we can’t at least go .500 over this stretch of 4 home games and 2 road games against mediocre teams, I’m done going out of my way to watch the games for the rest of the season.  Can’t handle a repeat of last year, just too much of a waste of time.

So on the next 6, they are:

NWU

OSU

At Rutgers

At Nebraska

MSU

MD

I think we'll go 3-3. I see 4-2 as achievable, and don't think we'll go 2-4.

The @Rutgers game is no gimmee at all. They started out with a Loss to St. Bonaventure, but have since won out at home including W's over Wisconsin (72-65) and Seton Hall (68-48) and they won their last game, at Neb, 79-62. That is, they crushed Neb at Neb. Rutgers this year can play. 

The only game I see, without jinxing us, as a clear 'should win' is NWU. I do think we'll 'get up' for the OSU, MSU and MD games, and I have no idea what we'll look like at Rutgers or at Neb. 

This is probably a make or break 6-game run. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So on the next 6, they are:

NWU

OSU

At Rutgers

At Nebraska

MSU

MD

I think we'll go 3-3. I see 4-2 as achievable, and don't think we'll go 2-4.

The @Rutgers game is no gimmee at all. They started out with a Loss to St. Bonaventure, but have since won out at home including W's over Wisconsin (72-65) and Seton Hall (68-48) and they won their last game, at Neb, 79-62. That is, they crushed Neb at Neb. Rutgers this year can play. 

The only game I see, without jinxing us, as a clear 'should win' is NWU. I do think we'll 'get up' for the OSU, MSU and MD games, and I have no idea what we'll look like at Rutgers or at Neb. 

This is probably a make or break 6-game run. 

NW- W

OSU- W

RUTGERS- L

NEB- W

MSU-L

MARYLAND- W

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

NW- W

OSU- W

RUTGERS- L

NEB- W

MSU-L

MARYLAND- W

If that happens, we are looking REALLY good.

IU would be 15 - 5 with 11 games left and the BTT to get 5 wins.

And would already have quad 1 wins vs Florida State, OSU, and Maryland.

This is basically my dream scenario.

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

If that happens, we are looking REALLY good.

IU would be 15 - 5 with 11 games left and the BTT to get 5 wins.

And would already have quad 1 wins vs Florida State, OSU, and Maryland.

This is basically my dream scenario.

I heard someone talking and that all but two games the rest of the way will be a quad 1 or 2 win if we get them.

8 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yeah I expect 3-3.  Possibly 4-2, but Rutgers is actually good now.  Almot top 40 in Kenpom.  I see wins against Nebraska, Northwestern, and Maryland- hopefully get one of the remaining three, will be tough though.

3 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Yeah I expect 3-3.  Possibly 4-2, but Rutgers is actually good now.  Almot top 40 in Kenpom.  I see wins against Nebraska, Northwestern, and Maryland- hopefully get one of the remaining three, will be tough though.

I think we will beat both Maryland and OSU but I have been wrong before

28 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Would be nice to have your starting point guard go down and still be able to expect to win at home, wouldn’t it?

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think we will beat both Maryland and OSU but I have been wrong before

I hope so.  Both can be beaten especially at home.  OSU has really dropped off lately.  Never been that impressed with Maryland despite the game last weekend.

If Archie doesn't do something DRASTIC to the line up and motivation for this team, I don't see how playing the same way we've been playing gives us anything better than 1-5.

And I hope and pray I'm dead wrong! But we're 14 games in, and the starting line ups and rotations remain the same (except for injury).

23 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We've been said to have the most difficult remaining schedule in all of DI

Great challenge for this team. If they take care of business and just make some shots, we're in the tourney. I am going to stay optimistic for the fun of it. Let's go Hoosiers! 

Archived