Conference record expectation

bobtcat2

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

What games do you see us winning?  Sorry if you said already.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Haven't totally looked at the whole schedule but just going by what I have seen from other teams as well.  Right now there are no real dominate teams and every teams has warts so I see a lot of teams that will be in that 12-8 to 8-12 range

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Haven't totally looked at the whole schedule but just going by what I have seen from other teams as well.  Right now there are no real dominate teams and every teams has warts so I see a lot of teams that will be in that 12-8 to 8-12 range

Remember the schedule is difficult this year (as it has been easy a couple of times with the unbalanced schedule).  I can't see any road wins besides maybe Northwestern.  Got to run the table at home to get to 11-9.  With OSU Purdue Michigan Michigan State Penn State Iowa, can't see winning all those at home.  I am 100% confident the range i 6-14 to 8-12.

1 hour ago, bobtcat2 said:

Remember the schedule is difficult this year (as it has been easy a couple of times with the unbalanced schedule).  I can't see any road wins besides maybe Northwestern.  Got to run the table at home to get to 11-9.  With OSU Purdue Michigan Michigan State Penn State Iowa, can't see winning all those at home.  I am 100% confident the range i 6-14 to 8-12.

There is a slim to none chance we win all those home games. I'd say going 4-2 in those would be a success. But given we seem pretty soft that seems like astretch at the moment.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Suprised you haven't looked.  As many have said it's a "gauntlet".   The two worst teams so far(Rutgers and Northwestern) we only get once each.  The road will be extremely difficult.  Rutgers might be our best chance to steal one.  Then that home schedule we are looking at ranked teams in OSU, Maryland, MSU, Iowa and Penn St. And throw in our rival PU and a Wisconsin team that embarrassed our asses.  

I hope you're right with 11 wins but I'd be shocked if that happened.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, Bedford1432 said:

There is a slim to none chance we win all those home games. I'd say going 4-2 in those would be a success. But given we seem pretty soft that seems like astretch at the moment.

Agree.  I think 8-12 would be great.  7-13 most likely- 6 or less and I'll be disappointed.  Need 10 to make NCAA, or maybe 9 depending on the bubble.  Looking NIT for sure.

20 hours ago, bobtcat2 said:

I think we can win at Nebraska, Minnesota, Rutgers, not saying we will but if we play well we can win there.  Also no one thought we would win at MSU and we did so we can always win a game that we are not expected.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think we can win at Nebraska, Minnesota, Rutgers, not saying we will but if we play well we can win there.  Also no one thought we would win at MSU and we did so we can always win a game that we are not expected.

I'll honestly be surprised if we don't pull one major upset on the road.  But I think we're also guaranteed to drop a couple more at home that we have no business losing.

22 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm wondering if the prognosticators might be right when they made pre-season predictions and had IU pretty low?

It was pretty close probably when you consider we lost our two best players and scorers from an NIT team. The recruiting class was ok but nothing spectacular so we were not going to be picked to finish high based off all of that.

On 12/31/2019 at 3:53 PM, IU Scott said:

I hope you're right!  For sure there will be some unexpected results both good and bad.  I just see 7-13 as the most likely result.  This is not a normal 7-13 team- with a better schedule in conference would be a lot better record.

11 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Kenpom ranking now 40th and falling.  That's 10th out of 14 Big 10 teams with Rutgers and Illinois right on our heels at 42nd and 44th.  Brace yourselves, the rest of this season is going to be difficult to watch. 

To resuscitate our tourney hopes we need to go 3-1 in the next 4 games.

3 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

Kenpom ranking now 40th and falling.  That's 10th out of 14 Big 10 teams with Rutgers and Illinois right on our heels at 42nd and 44th.  Brace yourselves, the rest of this season is going to be difficult to watch. 

Yeah, this is a really strong year for the conference.  I'm sticking with 7-13.  I think win at Nebraska, lose the rest on the road.  So 1-9 road 6-4 home.  Hoping maybe 7-3 or 8-2 home if things break right but that would be optimistic.

I'm going to have to wait until after this week to make the call on correcting my preseason record. These next 4 are huge because after that it just gets brutal. You could make a point that our easiest game after these next 4 and the following 10 is home game vs Purdue. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going to have to wait until after this week to make the call on correcting my preseason record. These next 4 are huge because after that it just gets brutal. You could make a point that our easiest game after these next 4 and the following 10 is home game vs Purdue. 

I think going at least 3-3 over the next 6 is a must.  Beat Northwestern, split the road games against Nebraska and Rutgers, and win one of the home games against OSU, MSU, and Maryland.  You would think that should be doable, and would at least keep us alive for a tourney bid.

Archived