Conference record expectation

bobtcat2

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was the last game I’ll go out of my way to watch for awhile. 
I’ll venture a guess, 7-13 with some wins over teams we shouldn’t beat and 5-6 losses to teams we have significantly more talent than. There’ll be a 6 game losing streak somewhere in there. 18-15 overall and another NIT 🙄🙄

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just think fans over react after losses and even wins and let that cloud their judgement.

You are 100% correct.  But.  The one thing that needed to happen during the off season didn't happen.  I said it over and over.  Must get starter material guard.  Didn't happen.  Now we suffer our fate.

If this team makes the tourney CAM is B1G coach of the year.  We have combed through all the so called analyst and we avg an 8th in conference prediction.  At this point, I think most would be thrilled with 8th.  However looking at historical conference records 8th place is not an above 500 team.  We can all watch and admit with or without feelings that this is not an above 500 team.  Like Rico said, let's all hope and pray we are wrong.  

On 12/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Got 10.  I will add that I think we get one of Ohio State at home(preferably them ranked #1), you rank em, we spank em.  Or @ Rutgers.  If we beat OSU at home we almost certainly go @ Rutgers and turd it up.  So I'll say 11-9.  

Revision.  

Guessing closer to 8-12.

Wouldn't be shocked at 7-13 because we know some of these guys can let the breaks really fly off.

Would be shocked at anything above 8-12, as I see just 1 maybe 2 roads wins if lucky.  7-3 at home is probably the avg guess give or take 1.  Going 8-2 at home might get them in the tourney.  Arkansas probably comes back to haunt us.  

41 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

You are 100% correct.  But.  The one thing that needed to happen during the off season didn't happen.  I said it over and over.  Must get starter material guard.  Didn't happen.  Now we suffer our fate.

If this team makes the tourney CAM is B1G coach of the year.  We have combed through all the so called analyst and we avg an 8th in conference prediction.  At this point, I think most would be thrilled with 8th.  However looking at historical conference records 8th place is not an above 500 team.  We can all watch and admit with or without feelings that this is not an above 500 team.  Like Rico said, let's all hope and pray we are wrong.  

Did nothing to upgrade shooting either. I agree if we can go 10-10 miller is coach of the year. I have a hard time seeing us win any road games though.

But we arent going to be hard to beat in big ten. Just pack the paint like last year.

Indiana was just 5-for-21 on 3s last night and over its last four games, the Hoosiers are 17-for-76 on 3s. Those facts will not be lost on Big Ten opponents when conference play resumes on Saturday in College Park.

Last season, conference foes packed the paint and dared Indiana shoot from the perimeter. And as Musselman’s postgame comments indicated, the scouting report on how to successfully defend the Hoosiers hasn’t changed.

Archived