Fred Glass to retire

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Well isn't that just dandy! I guess par for the course then!

It’s pretty much over with for IU basketball I think.  They’ve mostly accomplished what they’ve been trying to do for 20 years.  No alpha male on the sidelines, no one bigger than the program, no more FFs or banners.  Trust me its been the plan all along.  The final straw will be announcing Robel as President.  Almost time to turn out the lights on our once great program.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It’s pretty much over with for IU basketball I think.  They’ve mostly accomplished what they’ve been trying to do for 20 years.  No alpha male on the sidelines, no one bigger than the program, no more FFs or banners.  Trust me its been the plan all along.  The final straw will be announcing Robel as President.  Almost time to turn out the lights on our once great program.

Dude, why do you even follow this program?  You are a constant bummer and denigrate everyone at IU -including Lauren Robel, who isn't even being mentioned as a possible replacement for McRobbie yet (trust me, I know her better than you do, and she's a fantastic asset to the university). You seem to have an axe to grind with everyone and everything. Adults that use terms like "alpha male" cannot be taken seriously, and for someone "previously affiliated with Mauer", you sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands to spread dread and despair. I'd definitely not hire you as my attorney, if that is indeed your occupation. 

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sad but that is how I have started to feel!! This IU sucks!! Coaches can’t raise their voices..... might hurt someone’s feelings!! We don’t need a new coach we need a new administration from top to bottom!! 

14 hours ago, BEKA said:

Dude, why do you even follow this program?  You are a constant bummer and denigrate everyone at IU -including Lauren Robel, who isn't even being mentioned as a possible replacement for McRobbie yet (trust me, I know her better than you do, and she's a fantastic asset to the university). You seem to have an axe to grind with everyone and everything. Adults that use terms like "alpha male" cannot be taken seriously, and for someone "previously affiliated with Mauer", you sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands to spread dread and despair. I'd definitely not hire you as my attorney, if that is indeed your occupation. 

Amen to that because he is the most negative poster I have ever seen on any message board

14 hours ago, BEKA said:

Personally, I would like someone who has been outside the Indiana University sphere for awhile to get both jobs.  I think that is particularly true of Dolson, I don't want a continuation of Fred Glass which is what I feel Dolson would be.  The NCAA is about to flip the game on its head with player likeness and I don't currently trust that anyone in our AD is ready for that eventuality.

As to Robel, do not know much about her and don't really care.  I just think she is part of the apparatus at Indiana U. and I'd like to see that shook up a bit as opposed to basically plugging in another member of the current team to keep on down the path we are on.  Frankly, I like what Daniel's was doing at Purdue...particularly with regards to tuition spikes.  He is an outside the box thinker, we need that for IU. 

I just hope some of you guys are not this negative in your lives as you are on this board because you guys would be so much fun to be around.  I would hate to look at everything in a negative light like some of you because it can't be healthy to live like that.  Some of you just take some of this stuff way to seriously because you get so worked up over an out come of a sporting event.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Personally, I would like someone who has been outside the Indiana University sphere for awhile to get both jobs.  I think that is particularly true of Dolson, I don't want a continuation of Fred Glass which is what I feel Dolson would be.  The NCAA is about to flip the game on its head with player likeness and I don't currently trust that anyone in our AD is ready for that eventuality.

As to Robel, do not know much about her and don't really care.  I just think she is part of the apparatus at Indiana U. and I'd like to see that shook up a bit as opposed to basically plugging in another member of the current team to keep on down the path we are on.  Frankly, I like what Daniel's was doing at Purdue...particularly with regards to tuition spikes.  He is an outside the box thinker, we need that for IU. 

IU always seems to promote from within and never just go hire the best candidate for the job. Let’s hope what I’m hearing is wrong.  If it has to be an IU guy then it should be Kraft.  Reynolds might be fine too.  

48 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

You can complain all you want, but to act like we've done absolutely zero in 20 years is laughable. Sure you may have hated Crean, and you'll bring up the sweet16 losses, but we were still #1 in the country for several weeks. You don't do that if the program is completely dead. Also achieved ---> two big ten titles. "Yeah but we lost in the sweet16 twice". Who cares. Every tournament game is hard. We had bad matchups. "Crean couldn't figure out a zone". Yeah well it didnt help that Jordan Hulls' shoulder was wrecked.

Your agenda is laughable, not the program. 

Then why has our administration constantly made bad hires for 20 years?  It’s either out of pure stupidity or it’s by design.  Those are really the only 2 possibilities.  

After 2001 most wanted Davis fired and Alford hired.  It seemed quite obvious at the time.  A couple years later most wanted Davis gone and Matt’s hired.  When Sampson was hired most wanted Beilein.   Most wanted Sean Miller over Crean.  Most wanted Mack or Marshall over Archie.  Why do the fans always seem to know the correct hire but our administration never does?

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Then has our administration constantly made bad hires for 20 years?  It’s either out of pure stupidity or it’s by design.  Those are really the only 2 possibilities.  

After 2001 most wanted Davis fired and Alford hired.  It seemed quite obvious at the time.  A couple years later most wanted Davis gone and Matt’s hired.  When Sampson was hired most wanted Beilein.   Most wanted Sean Miller over Crean.  Most wanted Mack or Marshall over Archie.  Why do the fans always seem to know the correct hire but our administration never does?

The athletic department is more than one sport and they have made a lot of great hires in the last 20 years.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Then why has our administration constantly made bad hires for 20 years?  It’s either out of pure stupidity or it’s by design.  Those are really the only 2 possibilities.  

Just curious here?  You use the phrase "most wanted" in your statement.  Who are you speaking for there?  Were you involved or close to the decision making process?  

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Just curious here?  You use the phrase "most wanted" in your statement.  Who are you speaking for there?  Were you involved or close to the decision making process?  

His buddies over at rivals because he thinks that is who speaks for all IU fans.  I did prefer Marshall this last time and Archie was not at the top of my list but basketball people thought Archie was a great hire.

12 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So we are clear, is hoping that we do an actual search as opposed to a promotion from within viewed as a negative thing? 

Open topic discussion is the very definition of a forum. Sorry for the confusion.

What I was speaking of was the personal attacks between members and it being the same members each occurrence.

8 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

You can complain all you want, but to act like we've done absolutely zero in 20 years is laughable. Sure you may have hated Crean, and you'll bring up the sweet16 losses, but we were still #1 in the country for several weeks. You don't do that if the program is completely dead. Also achieved ---> two big ten titles. "Yeah but we lost in the sweet16 twice". Who cares. Every tournament game is hard. We had bad matchups. "Crean couldn't figure out a zone". Yeah well it didnt help that Jordan Hulls' shoulder was wrecked.

Your agenda is laughable, not the program. 

Ok IU has become like every other school not named.....Gonzaga, KU, UK, Duke, UNC, UL, Hell even Butler!!!! We are in a very sad situation!!

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just hope some of you guys are not this negative in your lives as you are on this board because you guys would be so much fun to be around.  I would hate to look at everything in a negative light like some of you because it can't be healthy to live like that.  Some of you just take some of this stuff way to seriously because you get so worked up over an out come of a sporting event.

IU Basketball means a lot to me!! I’m sure IU Basketball means a lot to many!! Bottom line.....it apparently doesn’t mean jack shit to the powers at be!!!?!

Archived