Maryland game thread.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking good as a program right now. Some good things....if we could shoot at all things would be very different. We need to shake this bad shooting soon or we will have 4 straight years of missing the tournament. These years will make winning again even sweeter.  Take care everyone. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. If we don’t add some playmakers and shooters, it’s going to be a long two more years. 

I wouldn’t give him 2 more years. A new AD comes in after this season. If I’m that AD, and I have a coach who missed the dance 3 years straight, I set the tone. I fire said coach. I then go hard after Beard at Texas Tech. We are not making the dance this year. The team is too flawed and players who have talent play way too tight on offense. Every 3 seems to be shot with way too much certainty it will be a miss. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

I wouldn’t give him 2 more years. A new AD comes in after this season. If I’m that AD, and I have a coach who missed the dance 3 years straight, I set the tone. I fire said coach. I then go hard after Beard at Texas Tech. We are not making the dance this year. The team is too flawed and players who have talent play way too tight on offense. Every 3 seems to be shot will way too much certainty it will be a miss. 

I'm with you 100% on this!

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Man, this team blows.  And the lack of guard play is 100% on Archie.  Outside of Romeo, he hasn’t landed a single guard recruit inside the top 100.  Just pathetic.

It hurts seeing two open scholarships and wondering if there wasn’t a way to fill those with a couple of shooters. Juco, grad, anything. 

You guys know I’m typically patient and try to keep it even keel, but I just don’t see where this team gets better? I don’t see how a team that struggled to beat Nebraska at home, has been blown out in its only two road games, and has nobody, not a single guy that can consistently shoot, gets any better. I don’t see how recruiting improves if we miss the tournament for a 4th straight year and all 3 of Archie’s years. 

Archived