Cronk in transfer portal

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

That hurts. Can’t say I saw that coming. 

4 year starter is captain as a Sr and transfers after the best season he’s seen at IU? Seems strange. 

Yes it is. But I heard people talking about him transferring previously. Not sure why. Lots of theories including his friend who plays for PU, and that he doesn't want to switch positions etc. I wish him well, unless he goes to PU. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/01/08/hoosiers-lineman-coy-cronk-keeps-options-open/2848714001/

"“Coy is trying to figure out all of his options at this point,” Nick Cronk, Coy’s father, told IndyStar. “He certainly is keeping all doors open. He’s just trying to figure out the best path moving forward.” Keep in mind he would have to switch positions if he came back. 

43 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yes it is. But I heard people talking about him transferring previously. Not sure why. Lots of theories including his friend who plays for PU, and that he doesn't want to switch positions etc. I wish him well, unless he goes to PU. 

From what I’ve heard, he was very close to going to Purdue last year. Things changed of course but it wasn’t a well kept secret across town that he was coming to Purdue. Interesting timing though this time around. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

From what I’ve heard, he was very close to going to Purdue last year. Things changed of course but it wasn’t a well kept secret across town that he was coming to Purdue. Interesting timing though this time around. 

He got Wally Pipp'd....and is now looking for options. Wish him luck. 

On 1/8/2020 at 6:47 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

If that’s the case, why now? Seems like odd timing. 

He lost his spot on the OL when his replacement played well. Now he doesn't wan to change positions if he can transfer. He thought about transferring last year because of his ill grandfather who I believe has since past away. I doubt he goes to Purdue unless he just wants to stick it to IU. That said if he does he wasn't a true HOOSIER anyway imo. 

On 1/8/2020 at 6:16 PM, BeerBQ said:

Doesn’t the NFL value OL that can play multiple spots? I agree there is likely more to it. 

I just hope he doesn’t end up at PU. 

He hasn't proved he can play any other position.  I believe he's aware that he projects more as a guard if he's to get a shot at the next level

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:

Enamored with offensive line coach in Ames.

If that's Coach Myers I can see it. One of the up and comers and Iowa St has had a ton of success on offense side of the ball as well as all conference guys under him. With that said....I don't see why  (other than change of positions) you would leave at this juncture of career. Still doesn't make sense unless he just got Wally Pipp'd

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If that's Coach Myers I can see it. One of the up and comers and Iowa St has had a ton of success on offense side of the ball as well as all conference guys under him. With that said....I don't see why  (other than change of positions) you would leave at this juncture of career. Still doesn't make sense unless he just got Wally Pipp'd

I’m with you on this.  I had looked him up to see if there was a link to Allen or anyone else on the staff.  I couldn’t detect any.   He’s very young, but his connection to Matt Campbell is interesting and a positive IMO.

Archived