Poster on TOS says 2 players "offered" their release from bball team.....

eddy4iu

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let me speculate some more just for the hell of it.

What can meeting with 'several' players mean.  It could mean players 'a' and 'b' were told to expect increased time on the bench and were offered a way out.  

In response to that, players 'c' and 'd' were met with and told to expect more playing time and responsibility.  

And, maybe player 'e' and 'f' as players the coach looks to for leadership were met with as a way to keep a pulse on how the rest of the team is reacting.

Boom.  Archie meets with several players.

It's a theory that would not hold up in court, but luckily I'm not a member of the bar.

OP on the other board just "confirmed," at least to his knowledge, it was De'Ron and Devonte...

I would also say a snapshot is not necessarily fair, particularly in the case of Deron.  However, in the case of Green, there has been some question to his commitment to what Miller wants to do for well over a year now.  From everything I hear, his teammates are cool with him, but there is plenty of smoke around the idea that he is not bought into what Miller is trying to do.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

OP on the other board just "confirmed," at least to his knowledge, it was De'Ron and Devonte...

Not calling BS on this.  Just highly doubtful. Considering both have just a half season left.  Why not just leave them on the bench, rather than offer them an offer out the door ?

Does not make sense to me.  And surely not the kind of president (Grant Gelon, aside) that I would want my HC to set.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I would also say a snapshot is not necessarily fair, particularly in the case of Deron.  However, in the case of Green, there has been some question to his commitment to what Miller wants to do for well over a year now.  From everything I hear, his teammates are cool with him, but there is plenty of smoke around the idea that he is not bought into what Miller is trying to do.

His flashy and careless play on th he court are evidence he has not bought in.  The picture just adds to that perception.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Not calling BS on this.  Just highly doubtful. Considering both have just a half season left.  Why not just leave them on the bench, rather than offer them an offer out the door ?

Does not make sense to me.  And surely not the kind of president (Grant Gelon, aside) that I would want my HC to set.

Maybe they are bring the team down so much he wants them away from the team

Nobody knows the truth, no e of us are in the know on a day to day basis. We have to remeber that as we make judgements on actions. We base it on 4 hours of watching games per week.

However, if there is any truth to any of this. Kudos to Archie. He is our captain. If he feels some sailors need to step up or jump off, good for him. Nothing but respect and appreciation for owning the program we trusted him to run.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Mile.  Do you really think the locker room Could handle 15 more games with an unhappy Devonte on the bench, not playing at all?

I think, if that happened, the problems would only get worse.

We're also under the assumption that both cases are equal. 

Archie may have framed the situation differently for De'Ron and Devonte. 

For De'Ron it may have been: "Look, we know, you've been through more surgeries than a first year surgical intern.  If you want to hang it up, we can keep you on academic scholarship until you graduate."

For Devonte, it may have been more: "Shape up or we can help you ship out". 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Mile.  Do you really think the locker room Could handle 15 more games with an unhappy Devonte on the bench, not playing at all?

I think, if that happened, the problems would only get worse.

Yep. That would be a problem. But as I said, earlier. I don't think the problem revolves around Devonte. Nor De'Ron for that matter.  Still out on the limb with Smith.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yep. That would be a problem. But as I said, earlier. I don't think the problem revolves around Devonte. Nor De'Ron for that matter.  Still out on the limb with Smith.

Pure speculation on my part, but the fact that Justin was in the game at the end and Devonte was not has me thinking the opposite of you.  Now, Deron is a different story.  I have never perceived him to be a malcontent.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Understand, and I know you have a relationship with De'Ron...

But to be honest, neither senior has shown one modicum of leadership. I think that's what gets to Archie more than anything. RMK always relied on the team leaders to do their part, and if they didn't, they paid a heavy price...

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You don't think Green is part of the problem?

He may be part of the problem. However, considering his status as a captain, who has not been removed, and close to closing out his time as a Hoosier.... I highly doubt that he has been asked to leave.

Seeing as how the semester starts on Monday. Perhaps we will have a better grasp on this come Monday.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

He may be part of the problem. However, considering his status as a captain, who has not been removed, and close to closing out his time as a Hoosier.... I highly doubt that he has been asked to leave.

Seeing as how the semester starts on Monday. Perhaps we will have a better grasp on this come Monday.

If this is true I bet Green is one of them.  With how he has played and the lack of interest I saw him play on Wednesday night makes me believe he is the problem.

Rewatching the last half of the second half now...this may not be *the* moment in the screen cap, but...

8:39 left, we close to within three after a great defensive stand and a converted tip back by TJD. A time-out happens immediately after. Deron and Devonte were the last two players to stand and give congrats to the fellas on the court as they were crossing towards the bench.

An objectively incredible thing is happening in the game, at the very least they’re showing little interest. 

This is not a snapshot, it’s a series of behavioral clues, in context. 

EDIT: Continued watching, there was an extended replay wherein immediately following TJD’s putback of his own miss, the action cam immediately pans to our bench, EVERYONE is jumping to their feet, those two seniors with little to interest nor energy are the LAST to their feet. No more conjecture, I am reporting what my own eyeballs tell me, and, two seniors should be the first to their feet. 

This is, unequivocally, the moment of the screen cap.

Something is not right. 

Davis is the one guy who really looks checked out. Green, needs to come off the bench as a 2. He should not be playing PG. But I have been disappointed with his lack of intensity these past few games. When he brings it, they are a different team. So I hope this is true and it lights some sort of fire under the entire team's ass. I for one appreciate a coach who calls out seniors. But it's a shame he has to. 

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not looking to pile on DeRon. But this is the picture of Armaan hitting the winning basket against ND. Either DeRon (sitting left of official) can't stand up due to leg problems or doesn't care very much.

• Indiana guard Armaan Franklin (2) reacts with his teammates on the bench after hitting the game-winning three-point shot during the second half of game one against Notre Dame of the 2019 Crossroads Classic, Saturday, Dec. 21, 2019, at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana won 62-60.

I'm willing to excuse the first one as we don't know exactly when it was taken and there wasn't a single, game changing moment against NW, but this one says a lot about where De'Ron is with this team. Maybe it hurts to just be standing in one spot, but that right hand is just sitting on the chair, it's not pumping in the air, it's not clapping, he's not yelling. He doesn't care. I always thought Dakich (how nice is it not have him doing IU games so far?) was unfairly and inappropriately tough on De'Ron, but this gels with the attitude problems Dakich alluded to. 

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not looking to pile on DeRon. But this is the picture of Armaan hitting the winning basket against ND. Either DeRon (sitting left of official) can't stand up due to leg problems or doesn't care very much.

• Indiana guard Armaan Franklin (2) reacts with his teammates on the bench after hitting the game-winning three-point shot during the second half of game one against Notre Dame of the 2019 Crossroads Classic, Saturday, Dec. 21, 2019, at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana won 62-60.

When I watch DeRon limp into games like an 80 year old, I don't expect him to stand on the sidelines. I hurt just watching him so I give him a break on cheering. I think he won't be able to properly walk in 20 years. 

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

De'Ron played a total of one minute in the ND game.  Sat most of the game due to injury.  He was hurting throughout.

35 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not going to trust any single snap shot. I have a pic with my finger near my nose and it was not a pick it was a scratch  I swear 😀

52 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A picture is truly a shot in time.  Here's what I see.  A ton of walk on's , with no shot of getting on the court. Becoming cheerleaders for guys who actually can get on the court.

Might be walk on’s but they are part of the TEAM...the 2 goofs to the left want only to take ME out of TEAM...and they are pretty much showing everyone that.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Chris just said that all the transfer talk happened in the locker room and not in the 1 on 1's. Those did happen with a few players though. In the locker room Archie basically said "if you want to transfer bring me your papers and I'll sign them myself. Then we can find you a nice place to play."

If true.....love it

Archived