Indiana University vs Nebraska Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You said everyone has a 3 day weekend and just said I don't.  This is the time I really miss working for government because we got like 12 paid holidays a year.

You could work for a bank.  They have Monday off as well.  At least my bank here in Colorado is closed on Monday.

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You could work for a bank.  They have Monday off as well.  At least my bank here in Colorado is closed on Monday.

Yes we are off...typically because the gov't is closed and thus wires and other federal processing can't be done so as opposed to being limited on what we can offer we choose to close. That said I'd rather be open. The amount of stuff that builds up to fix on Tuesday makes me nauseous.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes we are off...typically because the gov't is closed and thus wires and other federal processing can't be done so as opposed to being limited on what we can offer we choose to close. That said I'd rather be open. The amount of stuff that builds up to fix on Tuesday makes me nauseous.

Not to veer this topic too far off the rails, but I was trying to think of when was the last time I was actually in a bank, or even in a bank drive thru...

And I honestly don't remember...at least 7 years...do banks brick and mortars get much foot traffic anymore?

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Not to veer this topic too far off the rails, but I was trying to think of when was the last time I was actually in a bank, or even in a bank drive thru...

And I honestly don't remember...at least 7 years...do banks brick and mortars get much foot traffic anymore?

More than you think, but not a ton. 

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It depends...they are down a lot with OLB/DD etc but we have some that still lineup to the door come Friday or people that don't trust cards and do everything by cash and come in almost every day of the week. Even the lending is geared to online so when we assist people we are using an online app right there in the branch with ipads etc...but the biggest reason is for account maintenance..new/adding-removing/closing and fraud related assistance (ugh). Also many branches that do more business related transactions then personal....but like miles said...some are using tactics like coffee/food vendors. Some have repurposed their conference rooms to be used by their business customers and offices to be kid and pet friendly and so on. It's more about retaining your customers and giving them a reason to come in and see their financial advisors and provide that value added service because once people are in the virtual world it is much harder to differentiate your services and direct people to your business with so many options out there. They are definitely going away....or at least changing...smaller footprint (think inside grocery stores and stip malls where you frequent already) and less and less big grand cavernous banks on main street.

29 minutes ago, Let said:

Question, can TJ

D shoot a jump shot?

I saw him shoot some in his HS and AAU tapes...and he has nice form...but he has a lot of room to grow there. Actually I'm more surprised because he looked a lot more comfortable off the dribble in HS than he does now but I think we will see him start to use that a little more as time goes on.

9 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Some of the Chase banks near me have closed their drive thru tellers. I hate going to the bank. Think its stupid to have to show my DL to deposit $. 

Yes...govt regulations on large banks has gotten ridiculous. Basically the govt has forced the banks to put systems in place to comply with federal regulations that go far and beyond what I think most people would want...all in the name of protecting the public...when in reality the bank becomes an arm of big brother watching you. Anyways way off topic lol.

29 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Some of the Chase banks near me have closed their drive thru tellers. I hate going to the bank. Think its stupid to have to show my DL to deposit $. 

When we first moved down here in 2013, there was one small grocery in the small town we live in. First Friday I went there to pick something up, there was a line out the door...it was people cashing their paychecks (and then buy the obligatory carton of Marlboros and 12 pack of Bud Light)...

I was stunned...I went in the military in 1980 and they made you have direct deposit even back then...

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Nobody uses bank shots anymore 

I used to love the angle bank shot at like, what, 45 degrees (halfway between the elbow and the baseline)?  Randy Wittman used to kill with that sucker and he was my favorite player when I was in high school.  I worked on it, and got to be decent at it.  The only problem is if you whiff, you can look bad, lol.  But if you hit it, everybody knows you know what you are doing!😏

Continuing to keep this thread that I started .... off track.  Something that I love about HSN.  An open mind.  Anyway.  When was the last time you paid a bill by snail mail?  I pay all my bills over the phone.  Love paying the bills on their due date. And not wondering if the check got there in time.  My and my wife's retirement checks get automatically deposited.  We do have to deposit our rent checks. 

Oh by the way.  The donuts served on Saturdays at my bank are unlimited. 

We'll get back to talking about Nebraska. I am sure. However... I have no problem when a thread goes off track. 

Archived