2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So, the 49ers went from 4 wins last year to the Super Bowl this season.  

Which team can pull of something similar next season?

Falcons? Bears?

I see no candidates from the AFC.

What they did was nothing short of remarkable and it all started with QB. Bears could make a jump but we've given indications that Mitch is our guy so I don't think we'll be doing any giant leaps soon. 

One team that I think is closer than record indicates and the only team that had a losing record this year that make huge jump is Chargers. I know it won't happen but if a guy like Brady leaves New England and heads for palm trees, new stadium....and an owner desperate to sell season tickets if they land Brady I could see a huge jump.

Otherwise I'll say Chiefs/Saints next year for Brees swan song. 

I believe Greg Olsen has at least 1 more year in the tank if not two if he can stay healthy. Just said he was kind of disappointed to hear Bears had zero interest. Olsen would be a significant upgrade on any TE we have would obviously help in the PR world since he never should have been released to begin with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I believe Greg Olsen has at least 1 more year in the tank if not two if he can stay healthy. Just said he was kind of disappointed to hear Bears had zero interest. Olsen would be a significant upgrade on any TE we have would obviously help in the PR world since he never should have been released to begin with.

Saw yesterday he has visits plans to Redskins and Bills

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Who did the Bears get for him when they traded him back in the day?

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Who did the Bears get for him when they traded him back in the day?

Want to clarify. He was traded by Angelo (prior GM) for a 3rd round pick...because Martz didn't think he could use him correctly. Olsen was arguably one of our best tight ends and Cutler loved throwing to him. I think Desmond Clark was the guy they ended up using. Olsen is still loved in Chicago and would make sense because he wants to come back for one more year....but Pace drafted Adam Shaheen in 2nd round of 17 draft. You know the all pro tight end we talk about every Sunday?? Pace making the move for Olsen would only make him realize he screwed with Shaheen, Burton...couple others. Olsen makes so much sense for a shaky qb which is why Pace won't do it.

I haven't played attention to nfl since peyton manning retired. But my wife saw some things on social media that made her want to see the halftime show. So we watched it.  What the hell was that?  I didnt think it was appropriate but then it gets to the point where JLo has a red,white,and blue flag and I'm thinking ok, then they spread it out and it is the flag of CUBA! as she start in on Springsteen's born in the USA.  WTF!  NFL can go the way of the dodo. F those PC bsatards. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's the off season so everything I read is met with pessimism but I keep seeing more and more articles from local and national guys talking about Jordan Love and Colts.

Better be with a second round pick and not the 13th pick.  The last few mocks I have seen did not have Love to the Colts but those are probably not accurate.  The ones I have seen lately has had WR Jeudy from Alabama or the DT Kinlaw from S. Carolina being picked by the colts.

Edited by IU Scott

41 minutes ago, rico said:

Surprised that nobody has mentioned that the Chargers and Rivers have parted ways.

I think we touched on it in the other thread. Going to be the craziest off season ever for the QB position. Rivers move was expected....but now we'll see which way things go. Rivers, Brady, Brees, Bridgewater, Dalton, Cam Newton, Winston, Mariota, Keenum...and the draft that will probably see minimally 3-4 players drafted. 

On 2/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, mrflynn03 said:

I haven't played attention to nfl since peyton manning retired. But my wife saw some things on social media that made her want to see the halftime show. So we watched it.  What the hell was that?  I didnt think it was appropriate but then it gets to the point where JLo has a red,white,and blue flag and I'm thinking ok, then they spread it out and it is the flag of CUBA! as she start in on Springsteen's born in the USA.  WTF!  NFL can go the way of the dodo. F those PC bsatards. 

I think that was the Puerto Rican flag. Puerto Ricans are American citizens and she is Puerto Rican (born in NY).  

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe now we know why Jamesis Winston throws so many interceptions.  He is near sighted and he just got Lasik surgery.

He does wear contact lenses but does not/refuses to wear them during the games...that might explain the INTs but he puts the ball on the ground a lot.  I think he fumbled 12 times last year.

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A friend of mine from the Detroit area is saying that Stafford to the Bears has some serious legs to it

Any Bears fans hearing anything. Stafford Bridgewater or Brady is what I would like to see Colts look to do

Have not heard that at all....but makes sense if I/m Detroit. Seek out the dumbest GM (Ryan Pace) when evaluating QB's and see what they'll give up for it. If we passed on Watson and lost a 3rd round pick to move up one spot to get Mitch....Stafford has to be worth at least 3 #1's in the coming years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:04 PM, Billingsley99 said:

A friend of mine from the Detroit area is saying that Stafford to the Bears has some serious legs to it

Any Bears fans hearing anything. Stafford Bridgewater or Brady is what I would like to see Colts look to do

Reports saying the Raiders are prepared to offer Brady 60 million for 2 years. I am still hoping the Bears make run at Bridgewater, but like Seeking6 stated, Pace will probably do something crazy for Bears QB situation.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/15/report-raiders-ready-to-offer-tom-brady-two-year-60-million-deal/

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

• rico changed the title to 2023 NFL Discussion
  • KDB pinned this topic