2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If, for some reason, you were not watching the Vikings/Bills yesterday, you have to google the Justin Jefferson 4th down catch.  The best catch in the history of the NFL.  

Watched it. I rank all time catches by the moment in terms of winning a playoff game or Super Bowl,etc....but even for just a regular season game it's the best I've seen. I'm on a group text with about 15 other guys and the word Unreal, Wow, Are you F kidding me all popped up at same time. 

Regarding that game. All the prep, schemes, analytics,etc.....and a simple snap is why Buffalo will once again head to KC in January. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Watched it. I rank all time catches by the moment in terms of winning a playoff game or Super Bowl,etc....but even for just a regular season game it's the best I've seen. I'm on a group text with about 15 other guys and the word Unreal, Wow, Are you F kidding me all popped up at same time. 

Regarding that game. All the prep, schemes, analytics,etc.....and a simple snap is why Buffalo will once again head to KC in January. 

I am still chuckling over that bad snap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If, for some reason, you were not watching the Vikings/Bills yesterday, you have to google the Justin Jefferson 4th down catch.  The best catch in the history of the NFL.  

Diggs also had a ridiculous catch. That was just a truly great football game.

I only saw what was shown on RedZone, but whenever they re-air it this week I will likely watch it just because of how great it was. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I like Buffalo and really like Allen but this has early Peyton years written all over it. Something would always happen to make Indy go to New England in January.

Speaking of Peyton and Brady...

How about the fact that Brady could make the playoffs at 9-8 or even 8-9, then host Daniel Jones, visit Kirk Cousins and then visit Geno Smith or Jalen Hurts.

Don't get me wrong, Hurts and Geno are both having great years but in terms of Brady going through guys that have been there before.... woof. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I have fumbled a QB sneak snap, as well. Easy to do. 

I never saw the replay?... snap didn't get to him? 

Looked like the snap went pretty far back and everyone was trying to rush. They were on about the 1 inch line and I think the center and Allen both kinda hurried instead of trusting if they just ran the play they'd pickup a half yard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Looked like the snap went pretty far back and everyone was trying to rush. They were on about the 1 inch line and I think the center and Allen both kinda hurried instead of trusting if they just ran the play they'd pickup a half yard. 

If the time had been more like 20 seconds... or whatever... they could have taken a safety!! 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If the time had been more like 20 seconds... or whatever... they could have taken a safety!! 

Yeah I saw people at the time say they should have thought about it, but with 45 seconds left and a timeout for Minnesota... no way. You're asking to get beat on a field goal the last play of the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't think you can do that with that much time, right? 

Minny would have had about 35-40 secs and 1TO after the safety. Idk about it. 

Right you couldn't do it. You'd be giving an NFL team the ball down 2 with a timeout at like the 40 with time and a timeout? That's asking to get beat. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was watching the game live and my brain could not process the fact that he caught it.  Anyone watching it has to see the view where you can clearly see him take it from the defender and cradle it with one hand falling to the ground to fully  appreciate how great it was.  

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Right you couldn't do it. You'd be giving an NFL team the ball down 2 with a timeout at like the 40 with time and a timeout? That's asking to get beat. 

Yeah, can't with that much time. It really is a great option, though, in very specific situations. Especially in HS where kickers aren't close to what they are at upper levels. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Speaking of Peyton and Brady...

How about the fact that Brady could make the playoffs at 9-8 or even 8-9, then host Daniel Jones, visit Kirk Cousins and then visit Geno Smith or Jalen Hurts.

Don't get me wrong, Hurts and Geno are both having great years but in terms of Brady going through guys that have been there before.... woof. 

Yep....They have a bye. Get some guys healthy...and it's setting up for a run like you said. Of course it is....haha.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Heck.. the only sack the Colts gave up yesterday wasn't even the OLs "man". JT had Crosby, which he cuts him tremendously well.... but Ryan doesn't get rid of the ball/Raiders MLB does a great job identifying the route combo and blew up PC's route. 

That ball has to go to Granson. 

Up until that sack, Vegas hadn't had one in 12 or 13 straight quarters.  The guys on the halftime show even mentioned that one of the weaknesses of the Raiders was their inability to put pressure on the QB.  Now if the O-line can repeat this feat against the Eagles?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IUskim said:

I guess the excitement of the new coach wore off. Back to the same old colts. Turnover deep in opponents territory and defense giving up huge plays. 

The defense is 4th in yards given up per game, 11th in scoring. I think it's reasonable to believe the offense, and the offenses TOs have given the other team a fair amount of points this year, for sure every D goes through that some.... but you'd be hard pressed to convince me this isn't a top 8 defense. 

I think we are damn good on that side of the ball. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The defense is 4th in yards given up per game, 11th in scoring. I think it's reasonable to believe the offense, and the offenses TOs have given the other team a fair amount of points this year, for sure every D goes through that some.... but you'd be hard pressed to convince me this isn't a top 8 defense. 

I hadn’t realized how highly we were ranked until they mentioned it. I agree this defense is the reason we were in most games this year. I’m trying to think I don’t think honestly teams score on us all that much it’s just the chunk plays we give up. Give them credit though for the most party they hold and don’t give up a ton of points. 

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Damn good for sure.

In two key plays in the Bills-Vikings game, the officials screwed up. The big catch along the sidelines by Gabe Davis should have been reviewed, as it was in the last two minutes of regulation. It wasn't, and Buffalo went on to tie the game. The replay ref admitted that, had they reviewed the play, it would have been overturned.

In overtime, the Vikings had the ball first and goal from the two yard line. Dalvin Cook got stuffed for a loss, and after two more unsuccessful tries, the Vikings ended up kicking a field goal. After the game, it was determined that on the Cook run, the Bills had 12 players on the field.

Can you imagine the uproar had Buffalo been able to win that game?

• Thanks 1