The H🔥T Seat

5 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

And it shows the ones who’ll accept mediocre results. So if we’re idiots I guess you’re a, well I better not say that in here. 

No one has settled for mediocrity and that is a lame excuse some of you guys put on the fans who support the team.  I have been a fan all of my life and I am 49 years old and will be one until the day I die.  There is more to backing a program than just wins or losses because I care how you win and what kind of kids we bring in.  Also how has complaining and bitching about coaches the last 25 years helped in any way.  Maybe  you should try something different by actually supporting the program to see if that might help because what you are doing is not helping.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

No you just like to complain, attack and blindly defend Archie no matter what the results are on the court yet some of us have concerns which is apparently just trash to even post haha.

I personally don't mind criticism of the coach or team as long as it's backed up by a cogent argument.

But what mainly happens is a player makes a turnover or takes a bad shot, and it's on the coach. @dbmhoosier said something to the effect that if the administration made Archie keep certain kids, he wouldn't play them my counter was, some of those players do things that can help you win (play D, rebound, and good, if inconsistent, shooting from 3), but can also do things to make the team lose. We saw it last night. Our best chance to win is with the aforementioned players in the rotation. Archie is paid to win so you can't ask him to throw the baby (wins) out with the bathwater (errant players).

A coach can prepare a team all he wants, but it comes down to the players executing. Archie didn't tell them, "hey, go out there and make 4 turnovers in 3 minutes."

That's on the players...

Just now, IU Scott said:

No one has settled for mediocrity and that is a lame excuse some of you guys put on the fans who support the team.  I have been a fan all of my life and I am 49 years old and will be one until the day I die.  There is more to backing a program than just wins or losses because I care how you win and what kind of kids we bring in.  Also how has complaining and bitching about coaches the last 25 years helped in any way.  Maybe  you should try something different by actually supporting the program to see if that might help because what you are doing is not helping.

Haha as an IU alum and fan who’s been going to games since I was four it’s hilarious to have anyone tell me I should support the program. Maybe you should just not say stupid things to people you don’t know, My family has been going to IU for over a hundred years and has a large history with the university. 

Ya questioning the coach is what’s got us in this mess 🤦‍♂️  

Just now, Indiana8585 said:

Haha as an IU alum and fan who’s been going to games since I was four it’s hilarious to have anyone tell me I should support the program. Maybe you should just not say stupid things to people you don’t know, My family has been going to IU for over a hundred years and has a large history with the university. 

Ya questioning the coach is what’s got us in this mess 🤦‍♂️  

Well it is not getting us out of the situation either.  Well I have been watching and supporting this program way before you were even born so I can say what ever I want.  I have seen the very best of IU basketball and have seen the very worst of IU basketball and will support them in either circumstance.  I just think maybe some of you who are so negative might try something new and try to be more positive and see if that works.  I have learned over the years that this is just a sport played by young adults and I have no influence over the outcome so why get so upset about an outcome of a game.  I love IU basketball and want to see them win another championship in my lifetime but f they don't it won't change my life in any way.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well it is not getting us out of the situation either.  Well I have been watching and supporting this program way before you were even born so I can say what ever I want.  I have seen the very best of IU basketball and have seen the very worst of IU basketball and will support them in either circumstance.  I just think maybe some of you who are so negative might try something new and try to be more positive and see if that works.  I have learned over the years that this is just a sport played by young adults and I have no influence over the outcome so why get so upset about an outcome of a game.  I love IU basketball and want to see them win another championship in my lifetime but f they don't it won't change my life in any way.

Haha you’ve been a fan longer than I’ve been alive so you can say what you want, ok that says it all for me. No need to respond and not way before I was born considering I just turned 34. 

Just now, Indiana8585 said:

Haha you’ve been a fan longer than I’ve been alive so you can say what you want, ok that says it all for me. No need to respond and not way before I was born considering I just turned 34. 

I am about 50 so I remember the 76 team so yes I have been a fan way before you were born.  You can think what ever you want but I just don't see how the constant complaining and bitching  about the coach helps in any way.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I am about 50 so I remember the 76 team so yes I have been a fan way before you were born.  You can think what ever you want but I just don't see how the constant complaining and bitching  about the coach helps in any way.

Ok my dad and mom were students during the 76’ run so I guess they have a much better perspective than you seeing as they’ve been fans much longer than you’ve been alive but thanks for that great argument. 

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

Ok my dad and mom were students during the 76’ run so I guess they have a much better perspective than you seeing as they’ve been fans much longer than you’ve been alive but thanks for that great argument. 

l find it funny that some posters only show up after a loss but don't see them when we win.  I am here win or lose but some are only happy when they can complain.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

l find it funny that some posters only show up after a loss but don't see them when we win.  I am here win or lose but some are only happy when they can complain.

Guess you didn’t have a legitimate response. I find it funny you think someone’s age or how much they can post online determines how big of a fan they are. I guess my grandma who’s 91 and an IU alum knows more than any of us 😂

My last thing on this and it is that it is just not Archie but to me calling for nay coaches head after less than 3 years is dumb.  Unless there is an off court issue a coach should get 4-5 years to prove they can build their own program.  I don't care if UK fired a coach after two years because I never want to be like them in any way.

31 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Guess you didn’t have a legitimate response. I find it funny you think someone’s age or how much they can post online determines how big of a fan they are. I guess my grandma who’s 91 and an IU alum knows more than any of us 😂

Nobody around here believes what you say because of your avatar.  You really need to get a new one.  May I suggest...

Football: Manchester United Logo 2013 HD Wallpapers

4 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Well if that’s a serious response then you can eff off 

if studying abroad in London and going to Chelsea matches while I was at IU makes me somehow less believable then I don’t know what to tell you. Have you ever been to manure match? 

Never been to a manure match...but I have seen a lot of manure spread over the years.

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

Good top four race this year Rico, it’s definitely sucked having the transfer ban but this summer we can splash the cash. 

I f your talking the Premier League, I honestly don't follow it.  I just pick up what my Son says.  He is a big time "Football" fan and of that league.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I f your talking the Premier League, I honestly don't follow it.  I just pick up what my Son says.  He is a big time "Football" fan and of that league.

Ah nice ya I played basketball and soccer in High School but never became a fan until being abroad. Now I follow every match and it’s been a nice reprieve from my IU misery the past 34 years haha. The matches over there are wild, the fans ( like ages 16-70) head to the local pub at like 7am for a 4pm kickoff and you can use those trains to get around everywhere so you can get as drunk as you want and no worries about driving anywhere. 

Archived