IUFLA

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Hoosier born

Hoosier bred

Moved to Florida

Me too, and I'm Hoosier through and through. Was at the vet this morning (Gainesville) and had on my IU hat. There was a university police woman in there with her dog. She just so happened to be a Boiler fan.. The difference between us is she didn't even know we played Saturday. Me, I watched every second of the game. Yep, I'm a proud Hoosier even though I've lived in Florida 40& yrs.

1 minute ago, RJPaisley said:

Me too, and I'm Hoosier through and through. Was at the vet this morning (Gainesville) and had on my IU hat. There was a university police woman in there with her dog. She just so happened to be a Boiler fan.. The difference between us is she didn't even know we played Saturday. Me, I watched every second of the game. Yep, I'm a proud Hoosier even though I've lived in Florida 40& yrs.

I just checked the Official Indiana University fan rule book. NO WHERE in it does it say one has to be living in Indiana to be a die hard IUBB fan.  In fact, it said some of the greatest IU fans live out of state. 

It's not pleasant to discuss but this is big-boy basketball and not biddy ball where everybody plays and gets an ice cream cone after the game.  We have some purging to do of this roster. 

We have two seniors leaving.  Green's play this year has been a disappointment.  I thought the light switch would turn on for him.  We saw flashes late last year of what he could be.  I have seen too many seniors over the years where it really clicked that last year, especially the second half.  You have a ton of experience and you're physically most developed.  Freshmen are literally like 3-4 years younger.  That's a huge edge.   There is still time for Devonte but it looks like I wrote a check for him in saying he's step up that he's not going to cash.  With his departure, we may have a chance to upgrade over him.  I have a hard time believing De'Ron is one of the problems, but I don't really know.

But beyond those two, if there are others who are problems, they can leave.  We have a couple of juniors who could be grad transfers out.  I don't think the admin should be upset because, if they graduate, there should be no problem with APR, graduation rates, etc.

It sure looks like we have some kids who aren't holding themselves accountable.  The whole "we suck but it's everybody else and not me" mentality is a total loser.  I am not going to blame one particular player, but Coach Knight would talk about bad attitudes "infecting" other guys on the team.  We may have that here.  It sure looks that way.

It will take some time but we have freshmen coming in who may be tremendous leaders in time.  But that cannot by definition be an immediate aspect of what they bring.  But their work ethic, toughness, interest in unselfish play, doing the little things, etc., will be a big plus in showing the way for others.  We don't have that right now.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I just checked the Official Indiana University fan rule book. NO WHERE in it does it say one has to be living in Indiana to be a die hard IUBB fan.  In fact, it said some of the greatest IU fans live out of state. 

Also no rule that you even had to attend IU to be a die hard fan.  What upsets me is seeing some fans say that if you did not attend IU that you are not as huge of a fan as a graduate.  I know guys who have been great IU fans all of their lives but did not go to college.  I think those fans are bigger fans and some who graduated from IU who never knew what IU basketball was until they attended IU.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Also no rule that you even had to attend IU to be a die hard fan.  What upsets me is seeing some fans say that if you did not attend IU that you are not as huge of a fan as a graduate.  I know guys who have been great IU fans all of their lives but did not go to college.  I think those fans are bigger fans and some who graduated from IU who never knew what IU basketball was until they attended IU.

Wait. Wait. I just checked. You are right.  No rule that one has to have attended IU to be a great IU fan.  In fact, years ago, I worked with a guy from Montana. Never went to college. And was a huge IU fan.  Primarily because of Coach Knight, I will admit.  But man, he knew all about the program at that time.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Wait. Wait. I just checked. You are right.  No rule that one has to have attended IU to be a great IU fan.  In fact, years ago, I worked with a guy from Montana. Never went to college. And was a huge IU fan.  Primarily because of Coach Knight, I will admit.  But man, he knew all about the program at that time.

That's what I miss about this IU program.....back in the day "Coach Bob Knight" and "IU Basketball" were well known, respected and often feared...."feared in a good way".....Those teams intimidated a lot of programs....

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't care if every single player in the locker room hates each other.  I don't care if they wouldn't  piss on each other if they were on fire.  And i don't care for the lip service that CAM is throwing out there post game after post game.  He doesn't do anything.  We start the same 5 guys.  We play the exact same offensive and defensive schemes.  We bring the same 5 who started the game out for the start of the second half.  We don't adjust our offense or defense for the second half.  Do something!  Anything Different.  Play man to man.  Go full court press the whole game.  Don't sub anyone out of the game.  Start 5 completely different guys.  Play a game where we shoot nothing but 3's.  

I don't care anymore.  Stop talking.  Stop apologizing.  Stop being mediocre.  Be bold.  Be different. Be Courageous.  Be anything different that what we are right now.  It can't get any worst.  If they fire you, fine, you walk about with 20 million dollars and will easily find another job.  Remember we're the nut job fan base with the AD who won't let you do anything.

DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT PLEASE!

Well said!! JUST SHOW US CHANGE!!

36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Bob. I have issues from time to time after making a post.  Just make one, and trust that it will post.  Just trying to help.  Maybe a mod with the tools can delete two of your duplicate threads. Thanks for being a great HSN member.

Good advice.

^^^ Bob. I have issues from time to time after making a post.  Just make one, and trust that it will post.  Just trying to help.  Maybe a mod with the tools can delete two of your duplicate threads. Thanks for being a great HSN member.

Good advice.

Good advice.

It’s going to take some player  to step up and change the culture. To not accept losing and to work hard and lead by example. Not everyone can be the alpha dog.  In this day every player comes in /is being told they’re “that guy “. I really think our next recruiting class has “team guys”. I think that will help turn the tide

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

Cleaning these things up is easier said then done. I was on a team my senior of college that had three different “groups” on the team. Everyone got along, there weren’t fights or personal issues or anything, but we had three different factions of guys and all had different priorities, etc.  

Again, everyone got along, but the three different groups having different priorities hurt our team. One group felt the team should all be partying together off the court. They tried to schedule mixers and parties to get everyone hanging out off the court. A second group didn’t agree with the first group because those guys were partying too much and it was impacting practice, etc., then the third group really just kind of did their own thing. 

The locker room was fine, we all liked each other, but there wasn’t that togetherness that good teams have. The sad part is, there was absolutely nothing our coach could have done to fix that. It just was, was it was. 

Not saying the situation at IU is hopeless, just saying sometimes there isn’t much the coach can do to fix it. 

I notice you conveniently left out which group you were in......:coffee:

Well let the speculation begin.   CAM says on the radio show at 32:30 when asked what is he doing with the last scholarship he says well we will actually have 2.  Not sure if he misspoke because he said "we 2 scholarships actually that we've held for the spring on purpose."

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/02/11/news-and-notes-from-archie-millers-radio-show-35/

As currently stands with public knowledge we have 1. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/indiana-scholarship-numbers/

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well let the speculation begin.   CAM says on the radio show at 32:30 when asked what is he doing with the last scholarship he says well we will actually have 2.  Not sure if he misspoke because he said "we 2 scholarships actually that we've held for the spring on purpose."

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/02/11/news-and-notes-from-archie-millers-radio-show-35/

As currently stands with public knowledge we have 1. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/indiana-scholarship-numbers/

Don't we have 2 open scholarships currently?  What is the speculation

35 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Don't we have 2 open scholarships currently?  What is the speculation

We had two open for this season.

If no one transfers after this season, which I doubt, we will have one opening next year as we have two seniors leaving but three recruits coming in.

This is the second year in a row we have heard about locker room issues. Last year I thought it was Green who was the issue and I think it is him again. You can tell by the way he plays in his body language that he has not bought into what ever Archie is doing. He just trots though the offensive plays.

Archie’s lost out on a few guards last year. I believe he was trying to remedy the situation. I feel we will only have Davis for one more year. We will waste him if we don’t get another shooter. Can you imagine how quick we can turn this around if we get another shooter to go with Hunter. That would open up the post would be fun to watch Davis play in those situations. 

Archived