Iowa post game

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I remember your post! Good call --

Hope you have a bunch of good feelings through the rest of the season 😉

Well I had that feeling going into the MSU and Maryland week and looked like it was going to work out really well.  If we would have just held on to beat Maryland and Arkansas we would have not had any of these conversations about hot seats.  With those two wins we would be pretty much I the tournament already.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well I had that feeling going into the MSU and Maryland week and looked like it was going to work out really well.  If we would have just held on to beat Maryland and Arkansas we would have not had any of these conversations about hot seats.  With those two wins we would be pretty much I the tournament already.

Any hot seat talk at this juncture is lame, stupid, ridiculous & lazy. So says these valentines candy hearts from wife. Wait... wut?

Just watched the game again, and while we played well overall, I saw some great and not so great performances.

Smith was like velcro defensively. Fought thru a ton of screens to deny Weiskamp. Didn't force it on offense. A++ for his defense.

Race did so many little things, especially on defense that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Played one of his best games IMO. A++ and my game ball.

TJD worked so hard  on Garza, and overall. Played a great game both offensively (controlled) and defensively. A++

Great Devonte for this game. Not just shooting, but offensively sharing, and good defense. A+

However...Durham was mediocre at best. Got beat all the time, didn't fight thru screens (wasn't paying attention to them), had his head turned away a lot, leading to getting beat, did not make one hard cut all game, and continued with his trademark lazy passes. (compare his passing speed to Rob's. It's half the speed). Yes he hit a 3 before half, but other than that he was under-whelming. C- in my book. Never should have gotten 28 minutes IMO.

Great win for the team. Keep it up guys!

11 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Cincy had one out north...But it seems to have closed 2019.  ??

There are several that go by the same name...the Indiana based one is what Scott and I are talking about.  The last I knew there were only 3 left here.  Greenfield, Tipton, and Noblesville.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Some key stats of the game. IU was 22-32 FTs, BUT, four different players combined to go 8-8 in the last 1:30. Clutch when Iowa was trying to make it a game at the end.

IU 16 Off Reb to Iowa 7. IU 16 assists on 28 baskets versus IA 9 on 26. Yes, Hoosiers had 17 TOs, but IA had 18, so offset. IU was 11-7 on steals and converted some live ball TOs.

I think Garza goes pro this year. A lot of NBA teams would love to have a guy his size who scores so easily anywhere on the court. Will IA be that much better next year than this year if he returns? Don't see them making a FF run, so why come back? Current consensus is that 2020 will be a weak draft.

He isn't on any moch drafts at this point.  Its hard to see him not being picked up by someone. His only flaw is that he isn't very athletic but man he has a nose for the rim and can shoot the 3

I really wish i could have watched the game but life gets in the way some time.

I watched the score on my phone and it looks like we never really were in trouble to lose this one.  

I know this team can't shoot the 3 like that every night but man how good would be we be if we could shoot 40% from 3 every game.  

Great win, go Hoosiers!!

Great win to pad our resume. We hit them early and maintained a healthy lead throughout the game. 

One thing I am both glad and also worried is this win had a lot to do with Green having a terrific game. If we had the normal Devonte Green, we could've lost this game. He's heading towards the end of his college career, and I wish he had a meaningful stretch. Not only it would help the team greatly, but it would help HIM even greater for his career after college. Green definitely has talent, and the question is "Can he channel his entire focus and energy to the winning?"

Our team is hard to beat if we have a true senior leader in Green. Basketball is a team sport first and foremost, but this team desperately needs Green's scoring prowess and his undivided focus and efforts. Without it, this IU team is close to a mid major team and will end up underachieving in this season. The entire team and the fanbase needs YOU Devonte!! Go IU!!

Archived