Coronavirus

Reacher

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sigh...Some people

Was this guy not smart enough to know the difference between freedom of expression and shopping in a privately owned enterprise who can dictate their own rules?

Good for the Costco manager...

And for all the people who're "boycotting" Costco because of the mask policy, I say good...less dummies I have to deal with when I go...

I wouldn't mind visiting that guy at his home to sit naked on his leather couch after mowing the lawn on a 100 degree day. When he kicks me out I just want to scream in his face that it's my right to be able to sit down. 

I've been saying that if any type of mask regulation is going to be implemented it's going to have to come from the private industry. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Great post. I was also reading that this hyper-reactive immune response doesn’t typically happen in children because their immune system hasn’t evolved to that level. I read this a few weeks ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think it was prhased that a child’s immune system is still ‘learning’. This is ironically the reason why some doctors think they are relatively safe from the virus. 

I hear you on sugar. I still have my challenges, but greatly reduced it over the years. It’s crazy to actually sit down and look at how much added sugar you consume in a single day. Especially if you are a pop drinker. My friend is a dietician who specializes in weight loss, she says the very first thing she’s tells people to do is cut out the added sugar because it affects your body in so many ways. Every now and then I slowly fall off the bandwagon, but for me, when my sugar intake is low I sleep better, my knees feel better (sugar causes inflammation), my blood pressure is lower, my workouts are better and I don’t get sick as much (and if I do the duration isn’t as long). I mentioned this a couple of pages back and I don’t mean to beat it like a dead horse, but it kinda upsets me that there isn’t a bigger call for improving our health, especially in this moment. The media is so good at scaring people on a whole host of issues large or small, why don’t they attempt to ‘scare’ people into eating healthy? haha. The message everywhere is wash your hands, be careful and wear a mask, which is great. But why can’t they add ‘eat healthy’ or ‘excercise’ to that list? Other than age, the people who are most at risk have health issues. Health issue are usually a result of bad eating habits. You can greatly improve your health in the span of 2 months and as a result lower you risk, no matter where your starting point is. 

I’m no health nut, but I quit drinking pop, and switched to water, about twelve years ago because I was close to bankruptcy and didn’t have any money. After a while I realized that whenever I did drink pop it was disgustingly sweet. I started limiting my caffeine intake because I was having problems with my gut whenever I drank coffee.

Now I mostly just drink either water or beer and don’t eat candy. I don’t really watch what I eat, but I rarely eat a lot at any meal and I walk the dog at least 2 miles almost every night. 

I have a real skeptical attitude towards the medical industry these days. Our society has been told for decades that drugs will fix the problem. Then they make drugs to fix problems instead of finding the underlying reason for the problem. If you have a headache, take an aspirin, don’t think about why your head hurts. It could simply be that you are dehydrated and need water, which means the water you drink to wash down the aspirin is doing more good than the aspirin itself.

The media will not say anything that goes against the established narrative because the pharmaceutical companies pay the bills with advertising.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sigh...Some people

Was this guy not smart enough to know the difference between freedom of expression and shopping in a privately owned enterprise who can dictate their own rules?

And for all the people who're "boycotting" Costco because of the mask policy, I say good...less dummies I have to deal with when I go...

What's the old sign read.... "No shoes, No shirt, No service"?  It's the same deal, folks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

" No mask, no rotisserie chicken!"

Can I say how much that I love the food sample stations are not there anymore and that senior citizens have a designated time to go in the morning? haha. (No offense to any seniors on the board...I just always tend to be in a hurry). It literally shaves 10 minutes off my trip. 

oh, and: 🙌 $20 Kirkland Tequila 🙌

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

Can I say how much that I love the food sample stations are not there anymore and that senior citizens have a designated time to go in the morning? haha. (No offense to any seniors on the board...I just always tend to be in a hurry). It literally shaves 10 minutes off my trip. 

oh, and: 🙌 $20 Kirkland Tequila 🙌

"GET OFF MY LAWN!!"    😁

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Sigh...Some people

This goes back to a very basic rule I learned at a young age: when you're a guest in someone else's house, you play by their rules. Don't like their rules? Don't visit their house. 

In this case, Costco asks its customers to wear a mask. If you want to shop at this store, then wear a f*cking mask. It's not hard. Or, shop at a different store that doesn't require masks. 

But in this day and age, I suppose it's much easier to make a video of yourself acting like a tough guy and trying to sound like some sort of rebel with phrases like "it's a free country" and "I'm not a sheep." Which, I agree with him, he's not a sheep; he's a mentally retarded mule. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Guess I don't need all these Lysol Wipes. I'll just return them at Costco. J/K.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-now-says-coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-via-contaminated-surfaces

Don't want to say disinformation out there.  Just a lot of conflicting information.  Bottom line for me... is use your good common sense. 

If it can't hurt you.  Use it

Edited by milehiiu

Sports Related. To quote what Edge James just said on....we all know what voluntary means. 

Sources: The NCAA Division I Council voted to approve voluntary athletic activities in football, MBB and WBB to start June 1st and go through June 30th. There had been a moratorium on that through May 31st. Other sports will be acted on on a later date.

8 hours ago, SteveS said:

I’m no health nut, but I quit drinking pop, and switched to water, about twelve years ago because I was close to bankruptcy and didn’t have any money. After a while I realized that whenever I did drink pop it was disgustingly sweet. I started limiting my caffeine intake because I was having problems with my gut whenever I drank coffee.

I do an experiment in my chemistry classes where I have them bring in their favorite drink besides water and we go over how much sugar is in each drink. I have a few bags of sugar, and make the kids weigh out how much sugar is in their drink. In a 12 oz can of Pepsi, there are 39 grams. If you've never seen how much sugar it takes to get 39 grams, try it sometime. A 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew has over 1/2 pound of sugar in it.  It's fascinating/scary how much sugar is actually in drinks.

I also gave up pop about 6 years ago. I didn't really lose any weight, but I feel so much healthier since I did it.  It would be interesting if there is any connection between sugar and severity of Covid-19.  Some people consume insane amounts of sugar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I do an experiment in my chemistry classes where I have them bring in their favorite drink besides water and we go over how much sugar is in each drink. I have a few bags of sugar, and make the kids weigh out how much sugar is in their drink. In a 12 oz can of Pepsi, there are 39 grams. If you've never seen how much sugar it takes to get 39 grams, try it sometime. A 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew has over 1/2 pound of sugar in it.  It's fascinating/scary how much sugar is actually in drinks.

I also gave up pop about 6 years ago. I didn't really lose any weight, but I feel so much healthier since I did it.  It would be interesting if there is any connection between sugar and severity of Covid-19.  Some people consume insane amounts of sugar.

Not only granulated sugar, but anything that ends with the suffix -ose is a sugar, dextrose, fructose, ect..  And additives such as maltodextrin, which is corn syrup solids used as a sweetener and binder. Sugar or some derivative is in almost everthing. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Great post. I was also reading that this hyper-reactive immune response doesn’t typically happen in children because their immune system hasn’t evolved to that level. I read this a few weeks ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think it was prhased that a child’s immune system is still ‘learning’. This is ironically the reason why some doctors think they are relatively safe from the virus. 

I hear you on sugar. I still have my challenges, but greatly reduced it over the years. It’s crazy to actually sit down and look at how much added sugar you consume in a single day. Especially if you are a pop drinker. My friend is a dietician who specializes in weight loss, she says the very first thing she’s tells people to do is cut out the added sugar because it affects your body in so many ways. Every now and then I slowly fall off the bandwagon, but for me, when my sugar intake is low I sleep better, my knees feel better (sugar causes inflammation), my blood pressure is lower, my workouts are better and I don’t get sick as much (and if I do the duration isn’t as long). I mentioned this a couple of pages back and I don’t mean to beat it like a dead horse, but it kinda upsets me that there isn’t a bigger call for improving our health, especially in this moment. The media is so good at scaring people on a whole host of issues large or small, why don’t they attempt to ‘scare’ people into eating healthy? haha. The message everywhere is wash your hands, be careful and wear a mask, which is great. But why can’t they add ‘eat healthy’ or ‘excercise’ to that list? Other than age, the people who are most at risk have health issues. Health issue are usually a result of bad eating habits. You can greatly improve your health in the span of 2 months and as a result lower you risk, no matter where your starting point is. 

So, my main course for dinner tonight would not appeal to you?  

Image result for pixie sticks image

• Haha 1

Evidence for ending the lockdowns-

Quote from the JPMorgan report-

“In the absence of conclusive data, these lockdowns were justified initially.” But “millions of lives were being destroyed .. with little consideration that [lockdowns] might not only cause economic devastation but potentially more deaths than COVID-19 itself.”

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Woo-Hooo..... Let's give it up for Indiana's Governor, Eric Holcomb! He has sped up Phase 3 by 2 days for the Memorial Day week-end. Malls, Gyms, and other retail outlets, as well as pools and campgrounds can re-open tomorrow, Friday (or Friyay!!!).

Man it's great to be a Hoosier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😁

• Like 1