Coronavirus

Reacher

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Gov Holcomb announced 50 and older here in Hoosierville today. I don't know how other states are doing but seems like Indiana is getting this thing out quickly.

The Mrs. and I scheduled ours yesterday...we get our 1st shots March 31st.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Muckraker said:

Thanks, I've heard the 2nd is sometimes worse, but at my age it's better than the virus! 

So MUCH better!

2 hours ago, rico said:

The Mrs. and I scheduled ours yesterday...we get our 1st shots March 31st.

Congrats, Indiana is really doing a nice job with their roll out. 

9 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

So MUCH better!

Congrats, Indiana is really doing a nice job with their roll out. 

Yeah, the 50 and over came out just days after the 55 and over.  Both sets of our parents have already had their 1st shots.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I confirmed my shot on the 12th will be the Johnson & Johnson.  So, only 1 shot for me.  The wife said no to J&J and found a site with available times for Moderna a week later.  

I actually had a Dr. appt y-day and me and the Doc talked about the vaccine.  He said just get it asap no matter which one.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I confirmed my shot on the 12th will be the Johnson & Johnson.  So, only 1 shot for me.  The wife said no to J&J and found a site with available times for Moderna a week later.  

If I can choose, I'm going with J&J. One shot better than two in my book!

• Like 1

After being on two waiting lists for just an appointment, I am now scheduled for next Wednesday. That’s the good news.

Now the bad, I worried on page one about the supply chain! I can tell you I have had containers coming from China waiting outside of port for 2 weeks just to get in because of port congestion. Worse, raw materials are now threatening to shut us down! ABS (a common plastic) is now force majeure! The foam we use for insulation in the commercial refrigeration we build is now running empty. Good luck if you want to spray foam insulate your home!

Just because we have vaccines, things are far from over and looking to get worse!

Sorry for the downer, but this is the reality!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

I actually had a Dr. appt y-day and me and the Doc talked about the vaccine.  He said just get it asap no matter which one.  

That’s exactly what our faculty is saying as well. Warning people to not pass up the J&J for the others. All are effective enough to get the job done! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

After being on two waiting lists for just an appointment, I am now scheduled for next Wednesday. That’s the good news.

Now the bad, I worried on page one about the supply chain! I can tell you I have had containers coming from China waiting outside of port for 2 weeks just to get in because of port congestion. Worse, raw materials are now threatening to shut us down! ABS (a common plastic) is now force majeure! The foam we use for insulation in the commercial refrigeration we build is now running empty. Good luck if you want to spray foam insulate your home!

Just because we have vaccines, things are far from over and looking to get worse!

Sorry for the downer, but this is the reality!

Amazing the things we've allowed to happen. 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:54 AM, HoosierFaithful said:

Wonderful to see the timelines for vaccine availability being pushed up. Truly a miracle of medical achievement that many people - Trump, Biden, Fauci, a whole lot of brilliant doctors - deserve credit for. 

Absolutely. So many moving parts. Great post.  

So Texas won't require masks after 3/10...but many of the businesses like grocery stores and restaurants are keeping their own mandatory mask orders in place...

Except HEB (THE Texas grocery store) who says it's "encouraged but not mandatory." 

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely. So many moving parts. Great post.  

Cant forget the companies and the people working round the clock to get it out the door.  The main reason for the advanced timeline. Whoever gets a vax in Indiana likely got one produced in Bloomington.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So Texas won't require masks after 3/10...but many of the businesses like grocery stores and restaurants are keeping their own mandatory mask orders in place...

Except HEB (THE Texas grocery store) who says it's "encouraged but not mandatory." 

Exactly, I imagine there won't be much difference for awhile-except at sporting events! People and businesses will still take appropriate precautions. 

12 hours ago, Reacher said:

Exactly, I imagine there won't be much difference for awhile-except at sporting events! People and businesses will still take appropriate precautions. 

They were interviewing business owners in Texas on NPR this morning and the one I heard said they still have a mask policy and it’s on their door, but he was worried that this will embolden people and lead to more conflicts with his staff. Was concerned that people will try to flout their rule of “no shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.” 

It’s funny how people don’t freak out about being asked to wear shoes or a shirt to enter a business, but a mask is beyond the pale for them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

They were interviewing business owners in Texas on NPR this morning and the one I heard said they still have a mask policy and it’s on their door, but he was worried that this will embolden people and lead to more conflicts with his staff. Was concerned that people will try to flout their rule of “no shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.” 

It’s funny how people don’t freak out about being asked to wear shoes or a shirt to enter a business, but a mask is beyond the pale for them.

This is what irritates me about people. A private business is a free enterprise.  They have the right to set their own rules.  Dont like it dont shop their. I value my freedom and respect others too.  Why this is such a difficult concept for people I dont know. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I've always been curious as to why that 'no service' message does not include pants.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Heading out for my second dose of the Moderna vaccine right how.  Woohoo!!  I turned 71 last Sunday, so I'm relieved to get this done.  My wife goes for her's tomorrow.    😊

Getting my first Pfizer dose in a couple of hours. Took my parents to get their 2nd dose yesterday.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

This is what irritates me about people. A private business is a free enterprise.  They have the right to set their own rules.  Dont like it dont shop their. I value my freedom and respect others too.  Why this is such a difficult concept for people I dont know. 

I’ve always thought the same. I wish masks weren’t politicized like they are. But that’s where we are. 

• Like 1