Jump to content

2022 Class Rankings and Discussion


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess maybe I don't know the history but Big Dog sent his own kid to Michigan. How big is wearing #13 and being from Gary actually worth? I know Painter said he ran out of scholarships...just curious I guess. 

I could be wrong but I still think he matters a lot there. His kid blew up late and Michigan got in early. I think even Beilein admitted he was surprised at the improvement haha. Maybe his kid didn’t want to follow in his footsteps either? Impossible act to follow lol. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I could be wrong but I still think he matters a lot there. His kid blew up late and Michigan got in early. I think even Beilein admitted he was surprised at the improvement haha. Maybe his kid didn’t want to follow in his footsteps either? Impossible act to follow lol. 

Understand. I was just curious. After Big Dog kind of took a shot at Brohm was just curious about the relationship as a whole. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I followed the link cybergates provided above to see who IU has actually offered in 2022.

If correct, I see plenty of guards and small forwards offered but only two power forwards and two centers (one of them showing as "cool" right now). That seems odd. I understand more can be offered but if the list stays at four it means Archie cannot miss on more than one or two.

If there is one thing IU needs to address it's the consistent lack of size on the team. If you only have three guys 6'8 or better then you really can't have an injury (Brunk), which is unrealistic. The best teams have 4 to 5 guys 6'9 or better that can play or are developing for the future. The clock is ticking on TJD and we do not know what Brunk will end up doing. Race has been a surprise but at 6'8 he cannot battle the B1G monsters every night. Reminds me of how hard Juwan Morgan had to play his last two seasons against much bigger players.  

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2021 at 8:36 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure it was GRIII not Big Dog that said that IIRC. 

How did Gelen’s football career go?  I’m not an expert on Purdue football but it seems like I haven’t heard his name in years.  

Is Rondale still thinking first round?  My hot take is David Bell will be better player and one of the highest picks in 2022.  He’s an impressive athlete and football player.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How did Gelen’s football career go?  I’m not an expert on Purdue football but it seems like I haven’t heard his name in years.  

Is Rondale still thinking first round?  My hot take is David Bell will be better player and one of the highest picks in 2022.  He’s an impressive athlete and football player.  

Gelen’s was up and down at Purdue. Had some good moments and had a decent career overall. He played in the AAF until it got shut down and now I have no idea what he’s up to. 
 

Rondale I could see late first or early second. He just had a 42 inch vertical the other day and will test off the charts. Agree re Bell!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

I followed the link cybergates provided above to see who IU has actually offered in 2022.

If correct, I see plenty of guards and small forwards offered but only two power forwards and two centers (one of them showing as "cool" right now). That seems odd. I understand more can be offered but if the list stays at four it means Archie cannot miss on more than one or two.

If there is one thing IU needs to address it's the consistent lack of size on the team. If you only have three guys 6'8 or better then you really can't have an injury (Brunk), which is unrealistic. The best teams have 4 to 5 guys 6'9 or better that can play or are developing for the future. The clock is ticking on TJD and we do not know what Brunk will end up doing. Race has been a surprise but at 6'8 he cannot battle the B1G monsters every night. Reminds me of how hard Juwan Morgan had to play his last two seasons against much bigger players.  

 

 

Yes and generally bigs take a few years to develop unless they are elite. I mean Race is a red shirt junior....and he is really just now effecting game out comes. Can’t wait that long if we don’t have any in the pipeline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, Gunn is committed, and we just got CB’s for Brown and Karaban.

I think a class of Gunn, Karaban, and Brown is a very, very solid B.

If we can pull in those three and then get a guy like Washington, or someone of his caliber, it’s an A. Make it happen Arch!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KDB said:

So, Gunn is committed, and we just got CB’s for Brown and Karaban.

I think a class of Gunn, Karaban, and Brown is a very, very solid B.

If we can pull in those three and then get a guy like Washington, or someone of his caliber, it’s an A. Make it happen Arch!

Any word on Shawn Philips out of Dayton? I remember we were high on him

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, KDB said:

So, Gunn is committed, and we just got CB’s for Brown and Karaban.

I think a class of Gunn, Karaban, and Brown is a very, very solid B.

If we can pull in those three and then get a guy like Washington, or someone of his caliber, it’s an A. Make it happen Arch!

Let’s just say it.  Our situation is tailor made for Washington. 

And if you can pull in another big along the lines of Phillips, our roster will be in phenomenal shape to compete with anyone.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Let’s just say it.  Our situation is tailor made for Washington. 

And if you can pull in another big along the lines of Phillips, our roster will be in phenomenal shape to compete with anyone.  

You guys already got a guy out of Lafayette let’s hope it doesn’t happen from Gary lol. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Let’s just say it.  Our situation is tailor made for Washington. 

And if you can pull in another big along the lines of Phillips, our roster will be in phenomenal shape to compete with anyone.  

It really is and falls in line with what I want. Core of 6-7 3 year guys (no kids plan on staying 4 anymore) peppered in with elite guys like Washington or whomever. Hopefully it happens. As others have said...seems our competition in this recruiting battle has his position full of talented players already.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, KDB said:

So, Gunn is committed, and we just got CB’s for Brown and Karaban.

I think a class of Gunn, Karaban, and Brown is a very, very solid B.

If we can pull in those three and then get a guy like Washington, or someone of his caliber, it’s an A. Make it happen Arch!

Let's not jump the gun. Those CB's were complete guesses. That said if Archie can get a class like that it would be really good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I feel like 2022 can be better than we think. I know we missed on a few in 2021 that stung a little bit, but with CJG already verballed, a couple of crystal ball guesses (there's a least some noise about us in these camps) and current players, I think the big picture looks better than people realize...

I agree and if we can get Gunn, Brown and Karaban and another big guy it would be a good class.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Let's not jump the gun. Those CB's were complete guesses. That said if Archie can get a class like that it would be really good. 

Obviously it’s not anywhere near a done deal that we’re going to get those guys.. But, we clearly are in a good spot with both.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to 2022 Class Rankings and Discussion
  • KDB pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...