Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know it might be hard for you to understand buty there are more important things out there than football.  Also this is not just a big ten thing but other schools in other ocnferences had to cancel games as well.

If the B1G would’ve started when other conferences did, instead of canceling the season sooner than they should have, they’d have open weeks where these games could be made up. It’s their fault they canceled prematurely because now these games have no chance to be rescheduled.

2 hours ago, KDB said:

If the B1G would’ve started when other conferences did, instead of canceling the season sooner than they should have, they’d have open weeks where these games could be made up. It’s their fault they canceled prematurely because now these games have no chance to be rescheduled.

Yep. And it's really not that hard to understand that. The B1G wasn't ahead of the game, they were lost.  

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I know it might be hard for you to understand buty there are more important things out there than football.  Also this is not just a big ten thing but other schools in other ocnferences had to cancel games as well.

Comment is irrelevant for what I posted. Thanks.  

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

UW can't miss any more games and qualify for the Championship.

Wait really? You have to play 6 games? 

Also... FPI, as of now, has us and NW as STRONG favorites over Purdue and Purdue/Neb as a pickem essentially. None of that really matters, but Purdue still has a long way to go. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Wait really? You have to play 6 games? 

Also... FPI, as of now, has us and NW as STRONG favorites over Purdue and Purdue/Neb as a pickem essentially. None of that really matters, but Purdue still has a long way to go. 

Yes. By laws say you must play 6. I would love to be the spoiler for PU on Dec 19 but I just as soon they lose out if I had my say. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes. By laws say you must play 6. I would love to be the spoiler for PU on Dec 19 but I just as soon they lose out if I had my say. 

It would be kind of cool to see the game with two ranked teams though... but then again... I still can't go... so ugh.  

As annoyed as I am about how the B1G has handled things, our season could have been much different with that early schedule. @ Wis, PSU, U of I, @ Minnesota, Michigan. That would have been a brutal stretch and could have put a whole different vibe on this season.

Don't really care to get into the other things, but at least as far as our schedule goes, we might have lucked out.

1 hour ago, rico said:

With the "big" f-up concerning the season...they still need to re-evaluate the divisions.

Hope that happens. With as weak as Nebraska has performed in the B1G, there needs to be more balance. 

The west is Wisky, then everyone else.  I would think the hope was Wisky, Iowa, and Nebraska could have been perennial powers, with cyclical rises from the rest of the division. That hasn't happened.

Either realign, or go to no divisions and have the top 2 teams play in the conference championship.  Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Hope that happens. With as weak as Nebraska has performed in the B1G, there needs to be more balance. 

The west is Wisky, then everyone else.  I would think the hope was Wisky, Iowa, and Nebraska could have been perennial powers, with cyclical rises from the rest of the division. That hasn't happened.

Either realign, or go to no divisions and have the top 2 teams play in the conference championship.  Just a thought.

I know I harp on it all the time, but they need to change something.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me how they have the divisions is the best way of dividing it up.  I know it does not help IU but it is up to us to be able to step up our level to the top teams instead of having people lowered to our level.

To me, they do not.

Archived