Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
mrflynn03

Do something nice

8Thanks for sharing.  Lots of opportunities for all of to do something to help make this world a much better place.  Like would be a lot easier if we just loved our neighbors as we love ourselves.  I think I read that somewhere. Maybe even highlighted it a time or 2

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I didnt know where else to post this.

So with all that is going on right now, I felt the desire to do something nice. So yesterday the wife and I ordered pizza for the Jasper, IN State Police Precinct.  Most police are good people and are going through alot right now. 

I get a phone call from the delivery guy, because he was confused because my name was on the order but I wasn't there. Explained my intentions and he said they really appreciated it. And I tipped him well. 

Not to derail your admirable deed but I saw on a DNR report that there was a drowning down Jasper way?

BTW, helluva gesture you did for the men in blue.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Not to derail your admirable deed but I saw on a DNR report that there was a drowning down Jasper way?

BTW, helluva gesture you did for the men in blue.

I heard about that. I guessing this is the one they reported on. 

https://www.witzamfm.com/news/new-details-2020-jasper-high-school-senior-dies-after-falling-into-lake-near-holland

Since I'm out of work and have time on my hands and want to do something that makes an impact, I'm going to be running a black-owned direct-to-consumer businesses Facebook/Instagram ads for free for 60 days (they'll just have to pay for the ad spend, not my services). Hoping to start up with them in the next week or two. I'm doing it in partnership with a marketing agency that I'm "friends" with, so they're starting the first company they selected this week and I'm going to partner with them on their second selection later this month. 

Just a way to do a little bit more than just post to social media. This is by no means a commentary on anything, just trying to do my part to help with diversity in the marketing/eCommerce space. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Since I'm out of work and have time on my hands and want to do something that makes an impact, I'm going to be running a black-owned direct-to-consumer businesses Facebook/Instagram ads for free for 60 days (they'll just have to pay for the ad spend, not my services). Hoping to start up with them in the next week or two. I'm doing it in partnership with a marketing agency that I'm "friends" with, so they're starting the first company they selected this week and I'm going to partner with them on their second selection later this month. 

Just a way to do a little bit more than just post to social media. This is by no means a commentary on anything, just trying to do my part to help with diversity in the marketing/eCommerce space. 

Very classy.  I hope they appreciate your expertise and your time.  I’m sure it’s invaluable. 

I am on our diversity and inclusion committee. We are working on a ton of initiatives, meeting constantly, writing things up, taking action.  One thing that I’m sure all of you are seeing is the intensity level of young people (say, under 30).  They have been pretty assertive and senior management is listening.  I see healthy dialogue all over once you get out of the purview of the political extremists. 

• Like 1

So something unexpected today. 

Recieved a text message from the delivery driver in the op.  Said because of my donation he felt inspired to do the same and donated some pizza to the hospital. 

Dont often get to see a nice gesture lead to some else paying it forward. 

Also passed along one of the best pieces of advice I've heard, simply, what you do matters. And he remembered that.  

• Like 3

On 6/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, mrflynn03 said:

I didnt know where else to post this.

So with all that is going on right now, I felt the desire to do something nice. So yesterday the wife and I ordered pizza for the Jasper, IN State Police Precinct.  Most police are good people and are going through alot right now. 

I get a phone call from the delivery guy, because he was confused because my name was on the order but I wasn't there. Explained my intentions and he said they really appreciated it. And I tipped him well. 

Next time. Order them a couple boxes of donuts.  I am sure the will like that as well.  Just kidding. You know the old jokes about cops and donuts.

Nice thing you did.  Whenever we order delivery or get pick up... we double what we used to tip. 

• Like 1