ND post game thread

Indykev

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Best game I've watched in years! McRoberts deserves that open scholly...or at least whatever he wants from St. Elmo's before the ride back to B'ton. 

Yeah, and I've been thinking about this. We beat #3 Kansas and #3 North Carolina last year in a three-week span. Why is this better?

It feels more like we're on the right path again, no? This game was won with great defense and tough offense. Good coaching.

I'm loving it.

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

Yeah, and I've been thinking about this. We beat #3 Kansas and #3 North Carolina last year in a three-week span. Why is this better?

It feels more like we're on the right path again, no? This game was won with great defense and tough offense. Good coaching.

I'm loving it.

Yep. I hopped off the anti-Crean bandwagon a long time ago. I think he was the right coach for the time. That said, even during his signature wins, I was never comfortable with him as an in-game coach. This win was all coaching and getting the players to buy into the system. Toughness, hustle, and grit overcame some of the team's shortcomings today. And that, that's what I love watching. Go Hoosiers! 

Wow. What a game. I really miss Gus Johnson calling btn games. He’s the best in the business. Incredible performances by RoJo, McBob and Morgan despite having to beat the Irish+Refs. Great win, time to pour it on the rest of the season and get into tourney contention. Hopefully our freshmen can get some more meaningful playing time/confidence. If so we’ll be an incredibly deep team. Go Hoosiers 

Only got to watch bits and pieces of the game but saw most of the OT. Loved CAM's intensity on the sidelines and can't help but think that some of his toughness has been absorbed by the team. Great to see plays out of timeouts that were designed with a specific purpose and loved the execution.

Looking forward to seeing us build off this win and string together some wins and momentum leading into conference play 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Anyone notice Farrell completely flop trying to draw a foul on his last attempt? It was brutal. 

It was so bad I was confused as to what he was doing. RoJo was actually a little late closing out and probably 2 feet away from him. Total douche move but if that’s how you need to try to win games so be it

Incredibly well coached game by Archie.  That last play out of the timeout to get Juwan the and-one layup was executed perfectly.  Loved hearing Gus yell “ARCHIE DREW IT UP!!!”

Great play by McBob, and nice to see RoJo get his shot going, but man, he still makes too many mistakes.  Juwan is playing at a first-team all-conference level, he was unstoppable down the stretch.  22 of our last 27 points, holy shit.  With the exception of Yogi dropping 38 on IPFW in 2015, Juwan’s 34 is the highest single-game point total for a player over the past 7 seasons.

Archived