ND post game thread

Indykev

I said this preseason but I think it bears repeating.

McRoberts is exactly the kind of kid many on this and the previous boards have clamored for. An Indiana kid, well-coached and fundamentally sound in so many ways. He knows his role, normally stays in it, and makes solid decisions.

I'd much rather have him as the 7-8-9 guy because I trust him to not make poor decisions 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading up on the articles Mile posted and marveling at that 7 offensive rebound effort from McRoberts. It's just so impressive for a 6'6'' player who isn't overly athletic in the slightest to make that kind of impact on the boards. Just all hustle and effort on his behalf. And he had several other near misses on the offensive board end that could have easily ended up in his hands. So impressive....and he's a walk on. Who would have thought he would step in and make this kind of impact for our team this year? Not many people! 

5 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I was reading up on the articles Mile posted and marveling at that 7 offensive rebound effort from McRoberts. It's just so impressive for a 6'6'' player who isn't overly athletic in the slightest to make that kind of impact on the boards. Just all hustle and effort on his behalf. And he had several other near misses on the offensive board end that could have easily ended up in his hands. So impressive....and he's a walk on. Who would have thought he would step in and make this kind of impact for our team this year? Not many people! 

Actually the credit for the links goes to Reacher. I just thanked him for linking the articles for us.  McRoberts showing he has the heart..... of a Hoosier !

26 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I love players like him! In high school I was 6’1 and led my team in rebounds. Rebounding and defense is all about WANT! You have to want to get rebounds and you have to want to play defense! Rebounding and defense were my favorite parts of the game! 

7 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

I love players like him! In high school I was 6’1 and led my team in rebounds. Rebounding and defense is all about WANT! You have to want to get rebounds and you have to want to play defense! Rebounding and defense were my favorite parts of the game! 

That was my game as well! 

Today was great. I thought some suspect calls really hurt our case for a moment there, but we battled ND. Win or loss you can feel proud about these kinds of performances, and its that much better when you can ink out the win.

Wasn't flawless though, we allow teams to get back into games too easily still. I also still am not a fan of Rob's offensive decisions, but for tonight I have to just give him the credit he earned. Juwan Morgan is also a monster, I'm so glad he is a Hoosier.

32 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Btw, just did a little research: Juwan Morgan over the last 8 games: 19.2 points and 8 rebounds/game. And that with a injury shortened game in the mix. Impressive stuff! 

This stretch for Juwan has been about as good as any we've seen from an IU player in a very long time. 

And to think I thought about selling my tickets to the game today.  What a great game for this team!  For this team to keep grinding and overcome some really bad calls and some boneheaded mistakes is a great sign.  This team actually showed some heart today that I was not sure was there.

McRoberts got 2 offensive rebounds on free throws.  Free throws!  That in and of itself says everything to me about what kind of player he is and what he brings to this team

30 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

And to think I thought about selling my tickets to the game today.  What a great game for this team!  For this team to keep grinding and overcome some really bad calls and some boneheaded mistakes is a great sign.  This team actually showed some heart today that I was not sure was there.

McRoberts got 2 offensive rebounds on free throws.  Free throws!  That in and of itself says everything to me about what kind of player he is and what he brings to this team

Both of those were at crucial moments, and I believe we got five points off of those rebounds. 

He doesn't score much but those are five points we don't have with other guys out there. 

Props to the defense in this game. That was our best game of defense, no question. Off ball guys were running to their shooters, not at their shooters. They hustled to the spot and were immediately ready to defend.

So many times previously, we'd see the defender a step behind running at the shooter, and since they were late, the guy would either drain a three, or a pump fake would take them out of the play. Yesterday, our guys had that extra step and got to the shooters in time.

While it's not perfect, I LOVE the way this team played D yesterday.

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We had two starters play 40+ minutes, and two bench players get 30+ minutes.  I like seeing minutes distributed based on performance in that specific game, as opposed to what may have happened in prior games or practice.

Cannot agree with you more.  It definitely beats the substitution patterns of the last regime.

Archived