Big Ten 2020-2021

Just now, IUFLA said:

Doesn't seem like it to me...

I've never seen a fan base continually bash their own team like this one does...

Come on, @BGleas... You played... You know sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug...

Rutgers proved that tonight...

but everything doesn't have to lead to IU/Archie bashing. I came here to talk about Rutgers/Nebraska and the difference the removal of one bad apple can have on a team, and immediately get that we're the only team Rutgers can beat...

It's old...

I’m sure part of it is how closely we all follow IU. I would bet fans of other schools are this passionate and irrational too, but we just don’t see it. 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

I’m sure part of it is how closely we all follow IU. I would bet fans of other schools are this passionate and irrational too, but we just don’t see it. 

I heard that the UK fans are bashing their players and they want Cal gone as well.  I remember a few years ago that PU fans was ready for Painter to leave.  I read where gene Bartow left UCLA after 2 years because he couldn't handle their fan base.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I know why I'm here...to talk basketball...why do you think I start the pre game threads?

Damn sure not because I want to hear more Archie/team bashing...

You can't start ANY thread around here without it turning into a bashfest...I brought one up that I'd started a while back after the game against Michigan where I thought Khristian Lander showed a bit more to his game...

Of course it turns into how badly Lander has been coached and how he hasn't lived up to expectations...

Gets really old...

I don't want to poop on your thread, but you are basically saying, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?  Why you have to keep talking about that when I am trying to discuss the acting in Act 2?"

As for Scott taking a shot at Indiana, he stated a fact.  It was a fact that wasn't really great for IU, but a fact nonetheless.  This is an Indiana based site.  Most posters are going to approach every basketball related topic in an Indiana University tinted view.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't want to poop on your thread, but you are basically saying, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?  Why you have to keep talking about that when I am trying to discuss the acting in Act 2?"

As for Scott taking a shot at Indiana, he stated a fact.  It was a fact that wasn't really great for IU, but a fact nonetheless.  This is an Indiana based site.  Most posters are going to approach every basketball related topic in an Indiana University tinted view.

I was talking about Rutgers/Nebraska in a thread I thought was for discussing other B1G games/teams...

Indiana/Archie do not have to be in every thread...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I was talking about Rutgers/Nebraska in a thread I thought was for discussing other B1G games/teams...

Indiana/Archie do not have to be in every thread...

You are talking Rutgers/Nebraska on an Indiana message board.  Getting bent out of shape that people would look at a game between two bottom feeder programs on an Indiana board through an IU lens is non-sensical.  If we were doing well and Scott said something along the lines of us being able to roll both these teams should we meet up in the BTT, you wouldn't care.

We are not playing well and you are a sunshine pumper (nothing wrong with that, it is what it is) and the fact that we have reached a place where most people think there is zero sunshine to be pumped is annoying to you.  Fair enough.  You got mad at the Lander thread and the criticism there, you were reaching for something to be positive about when the way he has been used and played this year is kind of negative. 

My advice, every Indiana board right now is going to be negative, if it is going to bug you that much, might be a good time to take a break for a few weeks and see what happens with the coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Doesn't seem like it to me...

I've never seen a fan base continually bash their own team like this one does...

Come on, @BGleas... You played... You know sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug...

Rutgers proved that tonight...

but everything doesn't have to lead to IU/Archie bashing. I came here to talk about Rutgers/Nebraska and the difference the removal of one bad apple can have on a team, and immediately get that we're the only team Rutgers can beat...

It's old...

I understand the frustration. I've been frustrated by the negativity at times too. 

Just keep it civil. IUScott is a passionate IU fan, just like you. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I understand the frustration. I've been frustrated by the negativity at times too. 

Just keep it civil. IUScott is a passionate IU fan, just like you. 

Hard to do when people follow you around trying to crap on everything you post...

15 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You are talking Rutgers/Nebraska on an Indiana message board. 

In a thread titled "Big 10 2020-2021" ...

That game had not a thing to do with IU. 

Not a "sunshine pumper" at all...I see things for what they are...

I'm not going to go into the reasons because they're immediately dismissed as excuses...and I'm tired of explaining them to people who either don't comprehend or don't want to comprehend...

Some of the names that crop up in the prospective coach thread are laughable...how many times do people have to say that Nate Oats just signed an extension with a 10 million dollar buyout before some of you get he's not coming? How many names with already crappy coaching resumes are going to be tossed out there (Keith Smart?)...

It really is laughable...and what I'm truly afraid of is that the drumbeats will be so loud and Dolson will ditch Archie for the next shiny object...

If I didn't love IU basketball so much, I'd say then you'll get what you deserve...

I'm not going to go into the reasons because they're immediately dismissed as excuses...and I'm tired of explaining them to people who either don't comprehend or don't want to comprehend...

Some of the names that crop up in the prospective coach thread are laughable...how many times do people have to say that Nate Oats just signed an extension with a 10 million dollar buyout before some of you get he's not coming? How many names with already crappy coaching resumes are going to be tossed out there (Keith Smart?)...

It really is laughable...and what I'm truly afraid of is that the drumbeats will be so loud and Dolson will ditch Archie for the next shiny object...

If I didn't love IU basketball so much, I'd say then you'll get what you deserve...

Maybe fans are tired of excuses or don't care about them.  It has been 4 years of the same product and it hasn't gotten any better.  The definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing and expecting better results.  As for Smart I said he wouldn't be top of my list but if we went with an IU guy I would pick him.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, you see things for what they are and the rest of us are imbeciles.  All due respect man, we all can comprehend what you are saying just fine.  We just think you are wrong.  

I agree with you on some of the coaching names thrown out there.  I do think some of the names are out there.

As far as me "getting what I deserve" when it comes to IU basketball, what should I get?  Not getting to really enjoy the NCAA tournament because IU is not playing in it?  Well I have been getting that for the past five years.  Seeing Indiana finish towards the bottom of the BIG?  Ditto.  (This is where you tell me we finished 6th in Archie's first year which is technically the top half...yippee).  Seeing a bunch of losing basketball?  Seen that happen 55 times since Miller hit campus and that is with 2 shortened seasons and the 4th season not even complete yet.  Me "getting what I deserve" cannot get much worse than what I have been getting.

"But injuries and COVID and things that every program deals with..."  Yes, I know, that and some statistical improvements that have not led to wins are the aforementioned things that we peons cannot comprehend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yes, you see things for what they are and the rest of us are imbeciles.  All due respect man, we all can comprehend what you are saying just fine.  We just think you are wrong.  

I agree with you on some of the coaching names thrown out there.  I do think some of the names are out there.

As far as me "getting what I deserve" when it comes to IU basketball, what should I get?  Not getting to really enjoy the NCAA tournament because IU is not playing in it?  Well I have been getting that for the past five years.  Seeing Indiana finish towards the bottom of the BIG?  Ditto.  (This is where you tell me we finished 6th in Archie's first year which is technically the top half...yippee).  Seeing a bunch of losing basketball?  Seen that happen 55 times since Miller hit campus and that is with 2 shortened seasons and the 4th season not even complete yet.  Me "getting what I deserve" cannot get much worse than what I have been getting.

"But injuries and COVID and things that every program deals with..."  Yes, I know, that and some statistical improvements that have not led to wins are the aforementioned things that we peons cannot comprehend.

Don't forget that Al was the first 4 year player not to ever be on a team not ranked in the top 10 since 1949

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yes, you see things for what they are and the rest of us are imbeciles.

That's not what I said at all...but no one can ignore the fact that we have been without front court depth the whole season...no one can ignore the fact that our 2nd leading scorer has been out/hobbled for much of the conference season...think Joey Brunk could have made even the slightest difference versus FSU? Think Joey and a healthy Armaan could have helped against Wisconsin? Illinois? They wouldn't have had to help much...

The rest of your post is the same old BS. Ignoring the fact we almost assuredly would have been in the tournament last year. Ignoring the fact the Big 10 has been the toughest conference in college basketball 2 years running. Ignoring the fact that IU is playing the least number of upper classmen in their rotation of any B1G team. I could go on, but what's the use? They're all just excuses, right?

That's not what I said at all...but no one can ignore the fact that we have been without front court depth the whole season...no one can ignore the fact that our 2nd leading scorer has been out/hobbled for much of the conference season...think Joey Brunk could have made even the slightest difference versus FSU? Think Joey and a healthy Armaan could have helped against Wisconsin? Illinois? They wouldn't have had to help much...

The rest of your post is the same old BS. Ignoring the fact we almost assuredly would have been in the tournament last year. Ignoring the fact the Big 10 has been the toughest conference in college basketball 2 years running. Ignoring the fact that IU is playing the least number of upper classmen in their rotation of any B1G team. I could go on, but what's the use? They're all just excuses, right?

Purdue is one of the youngest teams in the country and yet they are 4th in the big ten.  We Start 2 guys who has been in the program 4 years, 1 for 3 years and 2 other 2 years.  UM has 2 for 4 years, 1 for 2 years and 2 in their first year with the program.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Don't forget that Al was the first 4 year player not to ever be on a team not ranked in the top 10 since 1949

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Top 10, I can’t really remember being ranked since we started good Creans last year and lost 10 or something BiG games. Someone will probably come and tell me how we were ranked 2nd week of December in Romeo’s year with 10 cupcake wins and 3 losses to P5 teams- I sorta remember some nonsense like that. I honestly can’t believe anyone is happy with the state of our program if they are completely honest with themselves, or they are to young to remember what we used to be. For those of us 40+ we are a shell of our former self and it’s hard to be really happy with any season in a long time besides “12”- even “13” we barely made it to the Syracuse game and once getting there got handled fairly easy. 2012 is our best season since Gordon/White squad. I have such wonderful memories of quality basketball as a youth, but my oh my how the mighty have fallen, no school and I mean No school has fell as far as we have - please someone change my mind , bet you can’t !

10 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Top 10, I can’t really remember being ranked since we started good Creans last year and lost 10 or something BiG games. Someone will probably come and tell me how we were ranked 2nd week of December in Romeo’s year with 10 cupcake wins and 3 losses to P5 teams- I sorta remember some nonsense like that. I honestly can’t believe anyone is happy with the state of our program if they are completely honest with themselves, or they are to young to remember what we used to be. For those of us 40+ we are a shell of our former self and it’s hard to be really happy with any season in a long time besides “12”- even “13” we barely made it to the Syracuse game and once getting there got handled fairly easy. 2012 is our best season since Gordon/White squad. I have such wonderful memories of quality basketball as a youth, but my oh my how the mighty have fallen, no school and I mean No school has fell as far as we have - please someone change my mind , bet you can’t !

It is just saying any player who played  a full 4 years at IU at least once the team was ranked in the top 10.  Even Green and Davis their freshman year got their after we beat KU and UNC in the non conference

Yeah, I remember when we crushed Kansas in the armed forces game, I’m racking my brain about Unc- last game that comes to mind is demolishing them at The Hall, but that was Zellers 2nd campaign. With so much suckage the last 5 years- I’m finding good memories harder and harder to remember. Oh well, they talk about Izzos 4 year players making a final 4, ours get ranked good before and flame out in tourney. I do recall Izzo finally broke his run with a 4 year player making the F-4. 

Scott, I swear I’m about in the same spot you said you are, this season combined with previous seasons have broken my spirit. 

28 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Yeah, I remember when we crushed Kansas in the armed forces game, I’m racking my brain about Unc- last game that comes to mind is demolishing them at The Hall, but that was Zellers 2nd campaign. With so much suckage the last 5 years- I’m finding good memories harder and harder to remember. Oh well, they talk about Izzos 4 year players making a final 4, ours get ranked good before and flame out in tourney. I do recall Izzo finally broke his run with a 4 year player making the F-4. 

Scott, I swear I’m about in the same spot you said you are, this season combined with previous seasons have broken my spirit. 

Mine is more due to me having the virus twice and losing my job last April.  As for the basketball team I lost faith in the loss at home to NW this year.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Boy oh boy did Rutgers ever lay an egg...not good for the Knights.

That one was pretty shocking for sure. Had to look twice at the score this morning. 

Illinois/Michigan tonight. I don't see any benefit of Ayo playing unless they want him to start getting comfortable playing with a mask.

Wisconsin/Purdue....Sconny has lost 4 of 6 fading down the stretch yet are still ranked in top 25. Not sure I get that. I expect Purdue to handle them easily.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That one was pretty shocking for sure. Had to look twice at the score this morning. 

Illinois/Michigan tonight. I don't see any benefit of Ayo playing unless they want him to start getting comfortable playing with a mask.

Wisconsin/Purdue....Sconny has lost 4 of 6 fading down the stretch yet are still ranked in top 25. Not sure I get that. I expect Purdue to handle them easily.

Illinois might be playing for a #1 seed?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, rico said:

Illinois might be playing for a #1 seed?

Possibly.....but even if they lose both games this week I don't see them falling off the 2 line. I know Ayo wants to play but I don't see the upside compared to the risk of the downside in playing him tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Possibly.....but even if they lose both games this week I don't see them falling off the 2 line. I know Ayo wants to play but I don't see the upside compared to the risk of the downside in playing him tonight. 

Absolutely, it is a Catch-22...

• Like 1