'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

I see Nijel Pack is ready to come back after getting covid. Local Indy kid that's starting for KSU as a freshman. 2.6/1 assist to turnover ratio in his 12 games. Also averaging 32 mpg. Shooting isn't bad other than his FT's. I know IU brought in Lander in this class, I just don't see why CAM can't bring in a local PG after striking out nationally. I know he's small and his rank (120) doesn't impress but almost anything would be better than running with RP and AD all the time.

Don't really get the question. KL was the 6th ranked PG in the 2020 class. Pack was ranked 22nd (coming out of HS, he was listed at 5'10, 165). Mike Saunders, from Indy, was ranked 38th. Pack is playing a lot for a really bad KS team and Saunders is playing about 10 min/game for a really bad Cinci team.

There are no ranked PGs for 2021 or 2022 from IN, let alone Indy. Should CAM bring in an unranked Indy PG to sit behind Rob and KL?

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is my favorite line from RR on Cal's post-game comments:

"Translation: Draft night may not be as exciting as usual."

It is kind of odd.  I visit a Cincy Reds site often where there is a big contingent of 'Cats fans.  Traffic on UK is almost non-existent.  It is like they buried their heads in the sand sans the old school guys.

13 hours ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Not nearly as entertaining a game as their last few.  I still think Oats has a bright future.  Will be interesting to see if they take a step back next season after losing 4 of their rotation players next to graduation, 2 of which are likely their best players in Petty and Jones.  Looks like they have the #9 ranked recruit coming in next season though.   If Archie doesn't turn this thing around next season and Indiana makes a move, Alabama will probably give him enough of a raise to keep him.  He is already making nearly 2.5 million and can compete at the top of the SEC with the level of talent he will be able to recruit with his playing style.

Yep...UK did a better job second time around in sticking to shooters and not helping off on drives as much. UK isn’t very good but they do have good length. Shorter close outs with better length will make even great shooting suffer. Good adjustment by Cal but they still have no answer for the offensive end of the floor. They are as bad shooting as we are.

37 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I’m really hoping Parker Stewart can be that other ball handler next year. I think Stewart, Phinisee, Lander, and Franklin is a good group to roll with next year. 

He had the ball in his hands a lot at UT Martin. Not a pure point guard...probably won’t create for others but shouldn’t be any worse than Al is....(even if it isn’t saying much). I’ll be ready to see Lander start next year. I’m about sick of the Rob and Al show. Like watching really bad Reba reruns....just painful with an occassional good episode. (Clarification I think I’ve seen one or two episodes and have no clue if there ever was a good episode) I think the backcourt should be pretty decent next year but we will need help in the front court...especially if Trayce leaves.

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was going to guess 88 since that was the last time Bama swept UK 

Might have been 88-89...something like that. I know Pitino went 500 his first year but that was with sanctions/probation etc...so this is pretty unprecedented.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's unlikely but I would not be shocked to see an undefeated Baylor  vs undefeated Gonzaga in the championship.  Hope I'm wrong

I can't see Baylor going through the big 12 undefeated.  They still play at Texas, OU, WVU and KU.  Surely, one of those teams will poke the Bear.  You never know.   I do agree, however, these Baylor and Gonzaga are way above the rest of the field. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BDB said:

I can't see Baylor going through the big 12 undefeated.  They still play at Texas, OU, WVU and KU.  Surely, one of those teams will poke the Bear.  You never know.   I do agree, however, these Baylor and Gonzaga are way above the rest of the field. 

Texas just strikes me as really dangerous. I wouldn't want to play them in March.

• Like 1