The CFP

rico

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I truly don't understand your position here.  Explain to me again why you are defending the decision to put a 3 loss team that lost to a non-Power 5 school in ahead of any 1 loss Power 5 team.  Let's assume for a second it's not even Indiana.  Assume Penn State was 6-1.  Would they be left out in favor of Iowa State?  Would Michigan?  Wisconsin?  How about Mr. Barta's Iowa team?  You know the answer to any of those.  But, since it's Indiana, you and Mr. Barta seem to be okay with it. 

Sorry...I'll just ask your forgiveness and say I was wrong.  Okay?  How's that?  😊.  We're going to be in a bowl, so that pleases me.  

Yep this is a joke I’m don’t watching any college football until our game. F these jokers. It just pisses me off watching these clowns talk about it on tv and trying to justify everything, then for another team it’s a completely different set of qualifications and if they used those for us we would be in no contest. Number 7 ap and 6 teams ranked behind us made a New Years 6 bowl and we didn’t. Let that sink in...

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Yep this is a joke I’m don’t watching any college football until our game. F these jokers. It just pisses me off watching these clowns talk about it on tv and trying to justify everything, then for another team it’s a completely different set of qualifications and if they used those for us we would be in no contest. Number 7 ap and 6 teams ranked behind us made a New Years 6 bowl and we didn’t. Let that sink in...

Also pretty much the same for the coaches' poll and what the BCS would have been.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's entirely possible that the Citrus committee never expected the Playoff Committee to be so stupid and assumed Indiana would be unavailable until it was too late to change.

I thought everyone outside of NY6 had to wait to formally extend invitations to teams until the NY6 were announced?  Couldn't they have just gone back and put IU there?

This is all just majorly corrupt at this point.

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I thought everyone outside of NY6 had to wait to formally extend invitations to teams until the NY6 were announced?  Couldn't they have just gone back and put IU there?

This is all just majorly corrupt at this point.

Formally extend and calling the NW athletic director and telling him they are your team are 2 different things.  Not saying it happened, but it's entirely possible.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

Does the fact that IU has a rookie Athletic Director playing a part in any of this?  Are more experienced ADs culling some favors?

I think Barta doesn't want to see IU leapfrog Iowa, and is doing what he can to forestall that.  B10 West getting some very undeserved love.

Archived