Maturity compare contrast of players...

I graduated from high school in 1994...I was watching the 93 Mich/IU game this morning and notice something. Our guys are "young". These guys in 93 were my age back then so its not cause I was a little boy looking up so I dont believe its that...I then google IU now....its like 18-22 is like 14-18 a generation ago....the 18-22 yrs of old are like the 22-26 yr olds now....I went into the military and when I got out the incoming were so much younger, scrawnier then I was at that age and I'm not a big dude..we would ask them to do things that they physically should be able to do but couldn't..I coached high school track for a yr and the girls were stronger then the boys...i made them puke and girls wanted more....is this just the age paradox or are they "younger" then the past..

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't know, but I graduated HS in '69. Take a look at some pictures back then!

We already looked like old men, LOL....  👴

Not to sidetrack this thread, but did anyone watch the Hornets vs. Pacers last night? Cody Zeller for the Hornets "looked" old with his thinning hair!!

He is an "old" 28 if my math is any good. If my math was any good I was an old 38 when he was born. Darn!

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't know, but I graduated HS in '69. Take a look at some pictures back then!

We already looked like old men, LOL....  👴

Not to sidetrack this thread, but did anyone watch the Hornets vs. Pacers last night? Cody Zeller for the Hornets "looked" old with his thinning hair!!

Exactly...the girls looked like women in their seinor pics...now they still look pubescent 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I keep hearing how much better athletes and players kids are nowadays. That kids 20-40 years ago couldn’t compete with them....so basically our 93 team wouldn’t stand a chance supposedly.....yeah I don’t think so lol!!

Being a better athlete doesn't make them a better basketball player.  Gonzaga or Baylor would be lucky to finish in the top 15 in 93.  the product on the floor in the college game is not even close to what it was back then.

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

I keep hearing how much better athletes and players kids are nowadays. That kids 20-40 years ago couldn’t compete with them....so basically our 93 team wouldn’t stand a chance supposedly.....yeah I don’t think so lol!!

That '93 game @Michigan was a classic. Only bad thing was Dicky V. within 10 feet of a microphone! 

On 1/30/2021 at 5:42 PM, dgambill said:

That 93 team would destroy most of the teams today.  Particularly this year.  No one looks impressive to me.

Archived