Illinois Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BGleas said:

I doubt that was exactly the way the play was drawn up. 

It was a high ball screen action between and then play ball. The play broke down a tad and TJD made a great shot. 

Yeah I get that...just questioning who was being involved in the screen and roll. Not sure why it was Race who had a wing who could easily make that switch and blow it up.

1 minute ago, CTrojan88 said:

Lander is becoming a difference maker...game is slowing down, playing downhill on offense and effort/positioning are getting better on defense...just needs to keep playing more and more minutes

And he will only get better. He's still going to make mistakes. Probably will make 2 in the 2nd half where we cuss him....but right now he should be scoring 40 vs whomever instead he's playing great hoops at the Big 10 level. 

Once Khristian gets some confidence going to the hoop, he'll be ultra dangerous.

He's got great court vision. Keeps his head up. The bigs will get some easy ones once their guy has to come off and help.

I think our upper classmen better sit up and take notice...

Just now, Reacher said:

My first half MVP is Race. He carried us. 

He really did. So many things from touch pass to TJD to 2 I believe rebounds and of course his points. Lander. Shoot even Galloway putting Ayo's head on a swivel. 

Tough 20 minutes coming. Just have to avoid those 8-0 runs.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

He really did. So many things from touch pass to TJD to 2 I believe rebounds and of course his points. Lander. Shoot even Galloway putting Ayo's head on a swivel. 

Tough 20 minutes coming. Just have to avoid those 8-0 runs.

Agreed. But Lander has really helped keep the offense moving well with his movement and passing.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I get that...just questioning who was being involved in the screen and roll. Not sure why it was Race who had a wing who could easily make that switch and blow it up.

Could be a ton of difference reasons? Had Race been defended by a wing up until that point? Maybe it was a change or by Illinois or even accidental by Illinois on that a wing ended up on him but the play was designed was in the previous timeout?

Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Once Khristian gets some confidence going to the hoop, he'll be ultra dangerous.

He's got great court vision. Keeps his head up. The bigs will get some easy ones once their guy has to come off and help.

I REALLY LIKE THE THOUGHT THAT THE UPER CLASS MEN NEED TO TAKE NOTICE

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Totally. He’s got the ball on a string where he totally controls it both on the dribble and the pass.  And he’s initiating the offense with playmaking in mind.  

I like Rob but I call him “check down Rob” at times because he is hesitant to create downhill.  So he will drop off another safe pass out at the arc that the defense literally gives to him.  You can’t win at a high level that way.  

Archived