Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If I were in a position to hire someone, for any job, this is a no brainer. Passion for what you are doing will make you more successful in the long run, imo. Stevens' heart is not in it, based on his comments. Woodson, on the other hand, appears as though he'd give his right arm to coach at his alma mater.

As much as Stevens appears, on paper to be the superior candidate, if he doesn't have the passion for the job, he's not the right fit.

Agree on Stevens comment.  Brad seems smart enough to be aware of that and made his decision.   "We" as fans can't understand/accept it 

I’m about as far from a conspiracy theorist as it gets and still admit 5 days later that BS’s comments seemed incongruent, unnatural and more extreme than necessary. It rubbed me wrong as well, to the point where I’d actually be a little less excited if he had a change of heart (which I’d put at .5% of happening). We need someone who is all in, who jumps at the opportunity to coach at Indiana. That’s not BS so time to go find that guy. I absolutely trust Dolson here and think he’s doing this the right way. 

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I can't believe Dolson is actually considering any of them. 

Well we actually have no clue if he is considering any of them. From his silence we have no clue who he is considering. We are only hearing about ones that people on message boards are throwing out there.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Selling Brad kind of short? LOL  I mean the 'Dawgs were one Hayward shot away from winning a title and went back to the same game the following year without Gordon.  Matt Howard was the glue of both teams.  Tough kid.  Hayward along with Shelvin Mack were the NBA guys.  They were #5 and #8 seeds for those years.  And fwiw good coached teams routinely win close  games.  

Uh no.  A 5 seed in a Horizon conference with 2 pros.  Maybe I sold him long?  But actually looking back, they were underseeded as a 5.  Just didn't have the quality wins to push them higher.  

The next year, Mack went Mack daddy and turned it on big time half way through the conference season.  They had 5 conference loses before starting the tear.  That was one heck of a coached team.  

Give BS a break. 

He said he was staying in Boston the first time. We all ignored him and pretended it was code for him really want to leave. He said it more forcefully the second time. I'm sure all the noise makes his job tougher, so he needed put the crap to rest. 

So what...he said he's a Masshole and roots for the Patriots. People can like Boston better than Indianapolis...it's not a crime; 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I cannot believe Mike Woodson, Steve Alford, Dave Fife, Michael Lewis are even brought up as HC candidates. Even in the least bit. 

I've yet to hear one thing that turns me off on Woodson.

Of course you will lose with a trashly run Knicks and Hawks(that he actually turned good).  

I could actually care less about a lack of college experience.  He would have no problem.  Assemble a staff with a mix of young aggressive guys.  His rolodex has to be ridiculous.  

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

So is Mike Woodson supposedly coming in today? Chatter might suggest it over on BB. 

Baby boy #2 arrived yesterday afternoon.  Both he and momma are doing great. Safe to say Brad isn’t in his name lol

Congratulations.  Have you asked him yet who is going to be IU"s new coach?  I personally believe he knows as much as anyone else at this point.  

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

So is Mike Woodson supposedly coming in today? Chatter might suggest it over on BB. 

Baby boy #2 arrived yesterday afternoon.  Both he and momma are doing great. Safe to say Brad isn’t in his name lol

Congrats and thank you for sharing :)

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Congratulations.  Have you asked him yet who is going to be IU"s new coach?  I personally believe he knows as much as anyone else at this point.  

He’s placing his bets on Beard or Woodson with some combo of Michael Lewis, Calbert, Kenya and AJ Guyton as assistants. 

kid can dream right? Lol 

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

And how is lil "Rico" doing?  LOL  Congrats Bro.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It was 0708.  After the firm denial he said it was over.  The denial was much more strident then they were expecting and that the ship has sailed.

I think we are all best to move on from Steven's.  If by some crazy turn of events he ends up here, a bunch of people will be over the moon.  In the much, much, much more likely event that he is truly staying in Boston, continuing to pine after this guy just throws a wet blanket over whomever does get hired.

He said he was a Masshole, personally after the press conference I think he added one letter too many.  Time to let this die.

I agree with everything except the last sentence. He isn't an a-hole because he doesn't want to coach here. He's got one of the best sporting jobs on the planet currently. 

Saying Stevens is an a-hole is about on par with guys calling a girl a b*tch because she turns them down. 

19 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

I was fully in the Never Woodson camp.  However, I am slowly warming to the idea the more I hear and read about his time in the NBA and his desire for the job.  I'm at least lukewarm to the idea now.

Experience and accomplishments aside, there's something to be said for a coach who wants the JOB over one who wants the MONEY.

Archived