Potential replacement coaches

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

I didn't say it can't work, I said it has zero percent chance of happening. 

IU is not going to hire a former player first time head coach and then have him surround himself with all former players that have close to zero college coaching experience. 

It is not happening. 

Could we hire a former player? Absolutely. But the chances of that guy then surrounding himself with a full staff of former players that have little to no college coaching experience is not happening. 

Has it ever happened anywhere?   

Correct. I could see them hiring a qualified candidate, with them having a former player or two on staff(with experience). 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I gotta root for Baylor.  Best chance for someone to beat Gonzaga.  Plus, I prefer Musselman over Drew anyway.  

Part of moving forward is to let go of some of the past, not to forget or not honor the accomplishments but to continue to build. I remember Mccraken, Wastson, Oliver, Knight, Davis, Sampson, Crean and Miller and have been a Hoosier fan for a long time. I would rather some team go undefeated and IU move into a new era of national prominence with a really good coach than to cling to the we are the last undefeated team in college basketball. 

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Roy Williams left KU after losing in the championship game.  Also Bill Frieder took the Arizona St job 3 days before the tournament started but was not allowed to coach UM in tournament.  UM went on to win the championship that year.

I remember Williams...but that would be some doing after a win.😉

Archived