Purdue game thread

Reacher

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BGleas said:

Hummel just nailed it, say what you want about Archie, and there is a lot to say, but at some point players have to play, and players have to make open shots. 

Our guards are literally airballing wide open 3's while Purdue's are making contested ones. 

Some of the gang on here knows more than Hummel. I'll keep saying what I've been saying for weeks. Great looks. Not going in. Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Hummel just nailed it, say what you want about Archie, and there is a lot to say, but at some point players have to play, and players have to make open shots. 

Our guards are literally airballing wide open 3's while Purdue's are making contested ones. 

Whoever figures out the mysterious reason why players forget how to shoot when they arrive at IU under CAM should win a Nobel Prize.

Just now, Feathery said:

Why do you think they miss so much?

I don’t know. It's not because Archie tells them too. Clearly they lack confidence. 

But today, and in many games, these are completely wide open shots. 

I'd say its a recruiting issue. We haven't prioritized shooting, which is on Archie. We haven't recruited over Durham and Phinisee, which is an Archie issue. 

But at some point these are high-major D1 basketball players and these are wide open shots. Players need to make plays. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Some of the gang on here knows more than Hummel. I'll keep saying what I've been saying for weeks. Great looks. Not going in. Simple as that. 

Then get guys who can make the shot. Still come back to the coach and recruiting. Shooting has been an issue for 4 years. It’s not just missing shots when it’s 4 years in a row. Culturally Purdue is known for hitting shots and IU is known for missing and missing some badly. 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a team play with less confidence than IU in a while. They play hard and show effort but they look like every shot is going to be a miss. 

I think they might have brain overload from CAM overdoing offense. Players are not playing instintively.  Its as if they dont relax and take adantage of an open shot.  

Archived