It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

One minor note on BS - if he truly doesn’t like recruiting, then that’s even more reason to not return to today’s college game. With the transfer portal and today’s rules making it easier to transfer, you almost have to recruit your own players each year as well as new ones. 

4 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

One minor note on BS - if he truly doesn’t like recruiting, then that’s even more reason to not return to today’s college game. With the transfer portal and today’s rules making it easier to transfer, you almost have to recruit your own players each year as well as new ones. 

Recruiting is a major piece of it obviously. But at this point, he’s so respected, his recruiting would consist of one phone call to each kid. Who is going to say no?!?!!? Ha

I’m not buying anything on Stevens. He couldn’t have been more clear.  He’s not on my radar at all.  I think he likes the NBA and is probably wired that way.  If he has a change of heart or something, fine, but I’m not acting like it’s a possibility. 

At the same time, I don’t buy the hype from the northeast media that a pro basketball coach would never go to college.  That’s false on its face.  The northeast is pro sports country and they are myopic about I-95 logic as Wilbon aptly says all the time.  Qualifier: I’m not saying this in relation to Stevens as I have moved on.  Just reacting to the condescension by the Northeast media including guys like Woj where they figuratively pat big ten basketball on the head. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IUaic said:

My bumping this was a response to 5fouls request to let this thread die.

I view Stevens in the 0 to negative percent chance he ever coaches IU. I just like to stir the pot.

i'm so confused because originally 5 Fouls said make him turn us down 3 times, correct?  hasn't it only been 2?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm so confused because originally 5 Fouls said make him turn us down 3 times, correct?  hasn't it only been 2?

It's all part of my strategy.  Make him think we dont care.  He will worry about where all the love has gone and have second thoughts.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

The Celtics just acquired Evan Fournier (avg 19ppg) for 2 2nd round picks, so definitely not selling at the deadline. 

They're still in the mix for Aaron Gordon as well. This probably doesn't get them in contention with Brooklyn, but definitely a good move to improve the roster and add veteran depth. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The Celtics just acquired Evan Fournier (avg 19ppg) for 2 2nd round picks, so definitely not selling at the deadline. 

They're still in the mix for Aaron Gordon as well. This probably doesn't get them in contention with Brooklyn, but definitely a good move to improve the roster and add veteran depth. 

Gordon traded to Denver is what I saw.  Orlando is totally tanking now with them trading Gordon, Fournier and Vucevic

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

The Fournier trade also seems to signify that the Celts don't seem to think Romeo will help them much this year.  If I understand the situation correctly, Fournier is a FA after the season, so it may not be a long term blocker to Romeo seeing the floor, but sure doesn't help in that regard this season.

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Fournier trade also seems to signify that the Celts don't seem to think Romeo will help them much this year.  If I understand the situation correctly, Fournier is a FA after the season, so it may not be a long term blocker to Romeo seeing the floor, but sure doesn't help in that regard this season.

I don’t think this move specifically had anything to do with Langford. But yes, I would agree they aren't counting on anything from Langford this year. 

The guy hasn't played at all this season. He just can't stay healthy. It's been three years of this. He should be back soon, but he's missed a massive opportunity this season. 

I mean, they've been starting Semi Ojeleye at times this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I don’t think this move specifically had anything to do with Langford. But yes, I would agree they aren't counting on anything from Langford this year. 

The guy hasn't played at all this season. He just can't stay healthy. It's been three years of this. He should be back soon, but he's missed a massive opportunity this season. 

If Stevens can't win with Walk Ons, he will never survive IU. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I just hope he didn’t miss his window of opportunity.  I know he’s young and all but it doesn’t take you long to get a label in the NBA

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I just hope he didn’t miss his window of opportunity.  I know he’s young and all but it doesn’t take you long to get a label in the NBA

I think he's getting close to that, at least with the Celtics. From everything I read they really like him and so do his teammates, but I believe the Celtics will need to pick up his option this summer? I'm not 100% sure on that. 

I bet they will, but not a lot of film or data to make a decision on that. 

• Like 1